PDA

View Full Version : Hunter/Beast master expanded spell list

stoutstien
2018-11-08, 04:26 PM
What spells would you add to this subclass that thematically and mechanically fits
Mine wound be:

Hunter
-Hunters mark
-Earth bind
-Flame arrow
-Conjure woodland beings
-Far step

Beast master
-Beast sense
-Warding bond
-Elemental weapon
-Guardian of nature
-Awaken

Grod_The_Giant
2018-11-08, 04:29 PM
I give Beastmasters Animal Friendship, Beast Sense, Conjure Animals, Dominate Beast, and Awaken. Hunters get Hunter's Mark, Pass Without Trace, Speak With Plants, Locate Creature, and Hold Monster.

NaughtyTiger
2018-11-08, 04:32 PM
Both stoutstien and grog put forth really good lists.
My current BM has 3 levels of cleric for warding bond and aid, so I definitely see where stoutstien is going with that.

I think i would like to see some non ranger spells in there.
compelled duel for hunter?

stoutstien
2018-11-08, 04:37 PM
Both stoutstien and grog put forth really good lists.
My current BM has 3 levels of cleric for warding bond and aid, so I definitely see where stoutstien is going with that.

I think i would like to see some non ranger spells in there.
compelled duel for hunter?
Compelled duel would be nice for hunter. So would a solid defence spell like absorb elements

lunaticfringe
2018-11-09, 12:28 AM
Solid Choices presented, my main gripe is Rangers Expanded lists add Non Ranger Spells to there list. Sooo...

Hunter: Heroism, Branding Smite, Dispel Magic, Death Ward, Banishing Smite

Fluff says these guys/gals defend civilization from Monsters so this makes sense to me. The Smites can be used with ranged weapons. I tried not to duplicate the XGtE lists but that doesn't really matter because HW & MS share spells. Swap in Protection from Evil & Good, Banishment, & Hold Monster if the duplication of lists doesn't bother you.

Stoutstien's list is what I use for BM except I have Command as the 1st level spell & Charm Monster as the 4th.