PDA

View Full Version : Alignments of The Office

the_brazenburn
2018-11-09, 08:02 AM
I've been wondering for a while about this.

What would you say the alignment of some of the characters in the popular show The Office are?

I'm mostly familiar with the American version, but if somebody knows more about the British version and can contribute in that regard, that would be great.

For myself, I'd characterize Pam Beesly as NG, Jim Halpert as CG, Michael Scott as CN, and Dwight Schrute as LE.

Opinions?

2D8HP
2018-12-07, 02:54 PM
I've been wondering for a while about this.

What would you say the alignment of some of the characters in the popular show The Office are?

I'm mostly familiar with the American version, but if somebody knows more about the British version and can contribute in that regard, that would be great.

For myself, I'd characterize Pam Beesly as NG, Jim Halpert as CG, Michael Scott as CN, and Dwight Schrute as LE.

Opinions?

Seems about right, but it's been years since I watched the original British version and I've only watched some of the American version.

I'd say that the British "Michael Scott" (David Brent) is also CN as is the British "Jim Halpert" (Tim Canterbury), their "Pam Beesly" (Dawn Tinsley) I'd rate as CN or N maybe CG or NG, but only slightly "goodish", but the real difference is their "Dwight Schrute" (Gareth Keenan) who seems a less Evil but more sad character who'd I'd class as LN.

Actually most of the British equivalent characters seem more sad, and I'd say the original The Office was a bit less comic and more dramatic, with most of the characters closer to Neutral than Good or Evil than in what I've seen in the new version.