PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Producing an illusory document

SangoProduction
2018-11-10, 12:47 AM
So, I am getting to play with the new Illusion sphere in Spheres of Power. Thusly, all my illusions can appeal to each of the 5 basic senses.

So, some guards stop us, and I want to reach in to my pocket, and pull out a royal decree for us to see the self-claimed "king" (aka the big bad of the session). Completely illusory of course.

But, what skill check would making a convincing replica be in pathfinder? Bluff? Maybe a Knowledge (Nobility) if I wasn't overtly given one to base it off of?

Reprimand
2018-11-10, 01:50 PM
So, I am getting to play with the new Illusion sphere in Spheres of Power. Thusly, all my illusions can appeal to each of the 5 basic senses.

So, some guards stop us, and I want to reach in to my pocket, and pull out a royal decree for us to see the self-claimed "king" (aka the big bad of the session). Completely illusory of course.

But, what skill check would making a convincing replica be in pathfinder? Bluff? Maybe a Knowledge (Nobility) if I wasn't overtly given one to base it off of?

Profession: Bureaucrat :smallamused:

Do you have any spells like lore of the gods or other skill boosting spells? I'd recommend them as they can turn you from a caster with minimal skill investment to onpar with your party rogue.

stack
2018-11-10, 02:08 PM
I would be inclined to rule that it is a forgery, so Linguistics would be the relevant skill as it is used to create and detect forgeries.

SangoProduction
2018-11-10, 06:36 PM
I would be inclined to rule that it is a forgery, so Linguistics would be the relevant skill as it is used to create and detect forgeries.

Ah. I was wondering where the forgery skill waas put. Thanks!

SangoProduction
2018-11-10, 06:41 PM
Profession: Bureaucrat :smallamused:

Do you have any spells like lore of the gods or other skill boosting spells? I'd recommend them as they can turn you from a caster with minimal skill investment to onpar with your party rogue.

No such skill boost spells, aside for invisibility. But cool.

Feantar
2018-11-10, 07:07 PM
I don't know the spheres of power system at all; does the illusion sphere create figments or phantasms? (or something else?)

I am asking because you'd have to roll no skill in case of the phantasm as the illusion wouldn't be "I replicate form A$13 which validates my claim" as much as "They see something which convinces them of the validity of their claim". If you've ever watched doctor who, the psychic paper creates a phantasm.

Edit: Forgot to write this, but in case it's a figment, the answer is clearly Forgery.

SangoProduction
2018-11-10, 07:22 PM
I don't know the spheres of power system at all; does the illusion sphere create figments or phantasms? (or something else?)

I am asking because you'd have to roll no skill in case of the phantasm as the illusion wouldn't be "I replicate form A$13 which validates my claim" as much as "They see something which convinces them of the validity of their claim". If you've ever watched doctor who, the psychic paper creates a phantasm.

Edit: Forgot to write this, but in case it's a figment, the answer is clearly Forgery.

Yeah. It's a figment. I don't think the sphere has phantasm stuff.

Dr_Dinosaur
2018-11-11, 12:30 AM
No phantasms, but since the basic Alter ability can “make writing appear” I would allow a Linguistics (Forgery) check or maybe a (harder) Bluff check to either replicate the BBEG’s handwriting and style or convince them of the legitimacy