PDA

View Full Version : Personality table by ability scores

KyleG
2018-11-10, 05:12 PM
Does anyone know of a table of personality types bases on the mental stats. I'm curious what personalities might form around combos of these. Here are the extremes
15/13/8
15/8/13
8/15/13
8/13/15
13/8/15
13/15/8
But I'm equally interested in the other 27 in the array. Which includes a rounded 12/13/13

As a slight (but not as relevant ) asise I'm also interested into how each might affect class choices when the other stats are 10/14/12.
These are all without any racial modifiers.

Unoriginal
2018-11-10, 05:35 PM
There is no direct correlation between ability scores and personality.

A character's personality is mostly described (on the character sheet at least) by Bonds, Flaws, Traits and Alignment.

Asmotherion
2018-11-10, 06:02 PM
Does anyone know of a table of personality types bases on the mental stats. I'm curious what personalities might form around combos of these. Here are the extremes
15/13/8
15/8/13
8/15/13
8/13/15
13/8/15
13/15/8
But I'm equally interested in the other 27 in the array. Which includes a rounded 12/13/13

As a slight (but not as relevant ) asise I'm also interested into how each might affect class choices when the other stats are 10/14/12.
These are all without any racial modifiers.

I'll try painting an interpretation, but it's definitelly not a given:

15/13/8: Geeky personality, with next to no social skills. The know it all everyone avoids.

15/8/13: Charismatic Nerd who gets con'ed but gets by because of being adorable.

8/15/13: Has a lot of intuition, and social savy, but when people start discussing a subject (be it sports or politics) knows to just politelly smile and agree.

8/13/15: As above, but will follow the subject people are discussing, and, wile having no idea what they are discussing about, will give a strong oppinion on the matter, just to make their pressance known. Might emphasise their ignorance in the process, but they don't really care.

13/8/15: The genious who talks too much, not always in their best interest. Sometimes will casually reveal their plans to the enemy. A good example being the classic movie bad guy who loves the sound of his own voice.

13/15/8: Probably overanalitical and introverted, will not share their discoveries with the rest of the group because nobody asked them to. Will keep to themselves most of the time.

That's just a quick try I did in 5 minutes. I'd love to hear feedback though :)

KyleG
2018-11-10, 06:16 PM
I get that but those flaws and bonds have been formed by the characters skills. A great orator does not come with a low charisma. And someone Consumed by their own thoughts does but have a 15 for wisdom.

I'm thinking along the lines of the Meyers Briggs personalities. I'm trying to gauge the interactions of each ability.

For example
15/13/8 vs 15/8/13
The formers stats could make them awkward around people, paranoid (wis), perhaps skittish and socially awkward.
The latter would be much more naive about others intentions, perhaps inwardly focused on the facts and not reading between the lines so much.

I'm a details person personally and I have these big stories about my characters in my head and I'm trying to get them significant scaled back to a few words I can elaborate on. I haven't settled on stats just looking for words that will inform my stats.

KyleG
2018-11-10, 06:23 PM
I'll try painting an interpretation, but it's definitelly not a given:

That's just a quick try I did in 5 minutes. I'd love to hear feedback though :)

That's pretty good actually 15/8/13 is pretty much how I envisaged them. Naive but smart, outgoing.

Morty
2018-11-10, 06:25 PM
There is no direct correlation between ability scores and personality.

A character's personality is mostly described (on the character sheet at least) by Bonds, Flaws, Traits and Alignment.

Basically, yeah. Trying to determine personality by ability scores is really reductive and ascribes more importance to them than they've got.

KyleG
2018-11-10, 06:35 PM
Basically, yeah. Trying to determine personality by ability scores is really reductive and ascribes more importance to them than they've got.

I know thats how iv described my question but its almost the opposite. Im looking for some words (personality) that might describe this character and then want to see what happens ro their ability scores.
So:
naive drops wisdom
Social ups charisma
Ignorant of others would also drop wisdoms.
Its the interactions of the characteristics im interested in I think.