PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Demiurge as a Sorcerer-Divine Soul or a Wizard?

Citadel97501
2018-11-10, 06:16 PM
Hello all, I was wondering how people feel about Demi-urge from the anime (light novel) Overlord. I was thinking that a Tiefling Sorcerer with Divine Soul sub-class works more for his party support role and the ability to eventually summon demon lords. Although there seems to be an equally valid role as a support Wizard due to his amazing intellect?

Unoriginal
2018-11-10, 06:37 PM
Hello all, I was wondering how people feel about Demi-urge from the anime (light novel) Overlord. I was thinking that a Tiefling Sorcerer with Divine Soul sub-class works more for his party support role and the ability to eventually summon demon lords. Although there seems to be an equally valid role as a support Wizard due to his amazing intellect?

His name is Demiurge, as in the creator being. What I think of him could not be expressed without breaking several forum rules, but I get you meant: how to represent a similar character in game.

Also Divine Soul does not allow you to summon Demon Lords, at any point.

I think you'd be better off with a Mastermind Rogue/Wizard build or a Mastermind Rogue/Whisper or Glamour Bard one. Inquisitive Rogue is also an option.

The Glasya variant of Tiefling might be good for this.

Citadel97501
2018-11-10, 07:09 PM
His name is Demiurge, as in the creator being. What I think of him could not be expressed without breaking several forum rules, but I get you meant: how to represent a similar character in game.

Also Divine Soul does not allow you to summon Demon Lords, at any point.

I think you'd be better off with a Mastermind Rogue/Wizard build or a Mastermind Rogue/Whisper or Glamour Bard one. Inquisitive Rogue is also an option.

The Glasya variant of Tiefling might be good for this.

Thank you, for the notes, I corrected the name.

Technically your right although Divine Soul gets all of the cleric spells, so they have access to Planar Binding, and Planar Ally so I was using the suggestions noted in "the Divine Soul The Best Summoner mini-guide". Which doesn't really explain how your getting demon lords but notes a book called "out of the abyss".

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?548984-The-Divine-Soul-The-best-summoner-mini-guide&highlight=Cleric+Summon+guide

Unoriginal
2018-11-10, 08:36 PM
Thank you, for the notes, I corrected the name.

Technically your right although Divine Soul gets all of the cleric spells, so they have access to Planar Binding, and Planar Ally so I was using the suggestions noted in "the Divine Soul The Best Summoner mini-guide". Which doesn't really explain how your getting demon lords but notes a book called "out of the abyss".

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?548984-The-Divine-Soul-The-best-summoner-mini-guide&highlight=Cleric+Summon+guide

That "guide" is nonsense written by a known troll who's been repeatedly banned over several accounts. It is best ignored.

Neither Planar Binding nor Planar Ally can get you something of the level of a demon lord.

Misterwhisper
2018-11-11, 01:33 PM
Demon Lords are fiends. By RAW, It works.

Well, you wrote it, so you would think that.

JNAProductions
2018-11-11, 02:00 PM
There are CR limitations, you know.

JNAProductions
2018-11-11, 02:07 PM
Planar Ally would not work well for that.

And Planar Binding has a save. One that they will pass.

JNAProductions
2018-11-11, 02:23 PM
And what spell is cast into the glyph?

And Twin requires two targets, not the same target twice.

Misterwhisper
2018-11-11, 04:31 PM
And what spell is cast into the glyph?

And Twin requires two targets, not the same target twice.

You were arguing with drako again.

RedMage125
2018-11-11, 07:17 PM
You were arguing with drako again.

LOL, did I miss it? One of those things where all the posts got deleted so now other posts don't make sense?