PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Necromancer Warlock/Wizard

Sakumo1Uchiha
2018-11-10, 08:32 PM
So I'm asking this as a player interested in creating a warlock/wizard Necromancer that is Neutral Good. Got any ideas?

Tvtyrant
2018-11-10, 09:32 PM
So I'm asking this as a player interested in creating a warlock/wizard Necromancer that is Neutral Good. Got any ideas?

Any ideas about what? You didn't actually ask anything...

As far as whether a Neutral Good necromancer can work, I don't see why not. As long as they are under control they are basically robots, so as long as you don't just release them into the wild there shouldn't be anything evil going on.

You could go the utilitarian approach "They would go to waste otherwise" or a honor one "It is a sign of my deep respect."

Sakumo1Uchiha
2018-11-10, 09:42 PM
Any ideas about what? You didn't actually ask anything...

As far as whether a Neutral Good necromancer can work, I don't see why not. As long as they are under control they are basically robots, so as long as you don't just release them into the wild there shouldn't be anything evil going on.

You could go the utilitarian approach "They would go to waste otherwise" or a honor one "It is a sign of my deep respect."

OH sorry about that I should have said "How to use it not for the typecast of evil Cackling Necromancer undead horde evil guy but as someone who can use it for some good."

Tvtyrant
2018-11-10, 09:47 PM
Dress them up as other things. Put them all in plague doctor costumes for instance, or mime costumes.

Sakumo1Uchiha
2018-11-10, 09:51 PM
Dress them up as other things. Put them all in plague doctor costumes for instance, or mime costumes.
oh oh oh or possibly use undead knights and warriors who feel like they should be serving instead of just rotting away in the ground and perhaps as a side job he could act as a spiritual medium for families who want to pass on messages to those once past Or be a messenger for that spirit to help them pass on

JellyPooga
2018-11-10, 10:27 PM
Some questions for you;

1) What makes you Good?
1a) Why are you Good?
2) Why are you Neutral Good (and not Chaotic/Lawful)?
3) How did you become a Necromancer?
4) Why do you continue to use Necromancy, despite the stereotypes associated with it?
5) How do you continue to use Necromancy in the face of said stereotypes?
6) What kind of Necromancy do you use? Do you merely talk with the dead? Raise them to unlife? Utilise necrotic energies in your spells? Incite plague, privation and suffering? All of the above?
7) How do you reconcile the answer to (6) with the answer to (1)?
8) Who is your Warlock Pact with and how does that affect the answers to all of the above? If it does not, why not?

Answer these questions and you have your character.

Sakumo1Uchiha
2018-11-10, 11:41 PM
Some questions for you;

1) What makes you Good?
1a) Why are you Good?
2) Why are you Neutral Good (and not Chaotic/Lawful)?
3) How did you become a Necromancer?
4) Why do you continue to use Necromancy, despite the stereotypes associated with it?
5) How do you continue to use Necromancy in the face of said stereotypes?
6) What kind of Necromancy do you use? Do you merely talk with the dead? Raise them to unlife? Utilise necrotic energies in your spells? Incite plague, privation and suffering? All of the above?
7) How do you reconcile the answer to (6) with the answer to (1)?
8) Who is your Warlock Pact with and how does that affect the answers to all of the above? If it does not, why not?

Answer these questions and you have your character.

****....this is a good point.