PDA

View Full Version : Player Help 3.5 cleric build help

jdizzlean
2018-11-12, 12:56 PM
so i recently discovered Soldier of Light from Deities/Demigods.

I have a cleric build on the back burner that is roughly cleric3/church inquisitor6/knight of the raven5/saint template2 which would leave me room for 4 ranks in soldier.

i'm leaning towards illumian, but could always do something else, of course human is a shoe-in for that bonus feat.

I'm struggling to figure out the best build order, and as always could use some insight on feats/spells/items.

St. Cuthbert for that sweet RP fanaticism.

melee beatstickery over mounted, intimidate over diplomacy, undead/evil slaying

nightsticks are probably out, same with things like otyguh hole

no flaws allowed, no excessive cheese, all 3.5 sources allowable

can apply a LA +1 race or template free

Falontani
2018-11-14, 04:04 PM
You know; I can't tell if your trying to be a Cleric Gish with spellcasting, a melee with some spellcasting capability, or if your just taking cleric for prerequisites, and I'm not seeing where Soldier of Light fits into the mix here

16bearswutIdo
2018-11-14, 04:06 PM
Halfling cleric 10/rogue 10 worshiper of Olidammara wearing full plate.

jdizzlean
2018-11-14, 04:24 PM
, a melee with some spellcasting capability, , and I'm not seeing where Soldier of Light fits into the mix here

pretty much melee w/ some spell slinging ability

soldier of light to help stack on the hate for undead/evil, and i think it's a nice synergy w/ saint especially. the original build was just going to be KotR 9, but i can do what i want from that w/ just 4 or 5 ranks, leaving 4 or 5 ranks open for soldier of light

bean illus
2018-11-14, 07:53 PM
I can't tell if your trying to be a Cleric Gish with spellcasting, a melee ... , or if ... I'm not seeing where Soldier of Light fits into the mix here

pretty much melee w/ some spell slinging ability

soldier of light to help stack on the hate for undead/evil, and i think it's a nice synergy w/ saint especially ... KotR 9, but i can do what i want from that w/ just 4 or 5 ranks, leaving 4 or 5 ranks open for soldier of light

I love multiclass clerics. They play at a level i enjoy (slightly less power, but still plenty).
- The question is, what table and power level are you looking at? If we're looking at a 15-20 level play with full casters, you need to pack enough power to keep up.

I like the build. You've got 7th level spells, which is enough. And i like SoL. But it does feel clunky.
- Like getting divine grace at 17th level. It seems backwards. In fact little of SoL 1-4 looks like it really "caps" 7th level spells.

Now in a STORY, i can see a martial cleric going SoL early.*
C3/CI4/SoL4/CI6/St2/KotR5 ?

The church interns you with an Inquisitor, but notices you and 'ask' for your help in some war on undead.
War over, return to truthseeking (inquisition), get sainted, and 'retire' into KotR.

Fire touched template +1: +4 cha, immune to Stun & Daze, free leadership feat, Haste 1/lvl, and a few more.
Combined with saint that's +8 cha. DMM for upper levels. Extend divine power and magic vestment 26hrs.

Cuthbert has wrath, and strength. Rhino's rush and enlarge person are both 1st level spells that have late game application.
- Rhino's rush is a swift action ranger1 spell that doubles damage on a charge. Deadly on a PA build.

jdizzlean
2018-11-14, 08:49 PM
this would start at 1st level, and the way our games go, take several years to get to that endgame.

SoL is more for fluffy reasons i think, and i really like it's 4th level energy pet, especially combined w/ the celestial raven from KotR. I would probably try to get saint earlier rather than later simply because it means much more ease at surviving as a tank. But like i said, I'm unsure of what would be the best path w/ these options.

i haven't heard of fire touched, (go go gadget google-fu) looks promising, but haste is 1/day

although the source i saw said it's LA+3, steep, is it updated somewhere other than dragon 314?

bean illus
2018-11-15, 09:51 AM
this would start at 1st level, take several years

SoL ... i really like it's 4th level energy pet, especially combined w/ the celestial raven from KotR. I would probably try to get saint earlier rather than later simply because it means much more ease at surviving as a tank. But like i said, I'm unsure of what would be the best path w/ these options.

i haven't heard of fire touched, (go go gadget google-fu) looks promising, but haste is 1/day

although the source i saw said it's LA+3, steep, is it updated somewhere other than dragon 314?

Chet has this: Gains the ‘fire’ subtype, Leadership. Immune to Stunning & Daze
effects.
Cha +4
Lvl +1
CR +1 ... Etc, pg23 DR 314. Your probably right about LA3

* Well there's half minotaur. It's my go LA1 cheese. If you can get it do so. Let me know.
An enlarged divine power half minotaur rhino rushing PA charger?

I don't predict your dm wanting to work saint into the story at 1st level. You'll need to know. Maybe at CR7? delaying DP. ?

C3/CI3/S2/SoL4 ... ?

If you dare to go cloister you can get get jump, climb, spot, listen, balance/ etc @ usable levels, increasing the physical aspects of the role.

* Depending on your desired cheese, power, and need for feats, there are Seeker of the Misty Isle (e6) and Ordained Champion (e5).

Grey elf ... NO, WAIT
Woodelf? but what's better?
- Declining elf DrM#320 (LA0), +2 dex, -2 con
weapon focus-martial, weapon focus-ranged
- This qualifies for Ordained Champion without costing WF.

Declining elf / half minotaur
Str -0, con -2, int 0, dex +2
Str +4, con +2, int –2, wis +2

= +4str, +2dex, -2 int, +2 wis
14, 14, 14 - 12, 12, 14
18, 16, 14 - 10, 14, 14 = 86, +13

18, 12, 12 - 10, 12, 10
22, 14, 12 - 8, 14, 10 = 80, +10

... gain travel domain (kinda-a-big-deal). Longstrider is 1hr/lvl, you wanna extend it. You know what spells are in travel domain.