PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Grave Cleric for a Curse of Strahd game

Waifu Collector
2018-11-12, 05:37 PM
So a friend of mine is going to run a CoS game and he elected me to be a part of it, as well as three other friends of ours. I decided to play a Grave Cleric, because I’ve never played a true support before, and it seemed very appealing mechanically and flavor-wise.

Since there’s a focus on the undead in CoS, I was thinking about my character worshipping the Raven Queen, and her temple essentially being a hospice and graveyard. The temple ensures their guests don’t have traumatic deaths, so they don’t come back as zombies, ghosts, and whatnot.

I don’t really know what I need for a backstory in CoS. So I was looking for information about the world that I’ll need, as well as any suggestions I could get for roleplay and just the general “flavor pillar” (that’s sounds lewd).

ToastyTobasco
2018-11-12, 05:44 PM
So a friend of mine is going to run a CoS game and he elected me to be a part of it, as well as three other friends of ours. I decided to play a Grave Cleric, because I’ve never played a true support before, and it seemed very appealing mechanically and flavor-wise.

Since there’s a focus on the undead in CoS, I was thinking about my character worshipping the Raven Queen, and her temple essentially being a hospice and graveyard. The temple ensures their guests don’t have traumatic deaths, so they don’t come back as zombies, ghosts, and whatnot.

I don’t really know what I need for a backstory in CoS. So I was looking for information about the world that I’ll need, as well as any suggestions I could get for roleplay and just the general “flavor pillar” (that’s sounds lewd).

Grave Clerics can have a ton of fun and conflict in CoS. Souls are trapped in a horrid cycle of reincarnation and torment. The land is rife with savages, undead and desecrated ground. Your work at the temple could leave you absolutely appalled at the state of Barovia itself as many if not all of its denizens meet horrific and/or painful deaths.

Honestly, if I could start CoS over with a good RP group, I would do Grave Cleric without a second thought. Or if my Paladin meets a grisly end

Grey Watcher
2018-11-12, 05:53 PM
The default intro has you coming in from outside Barovia. You can work with your DM to be from Barovia yourself or maybe you were sent by your church because they've heard the dead do not rest well there. (More or less what one of my players did in our attempt to start a CoS game a while back.)