PDA

View Full Version : Ghost build

Harrysonford
2018-11-12, 08:45 PM
Hello, all!
I’m trying to find a good ghost-like pc build. If you have any recommendations, that would be great.

Specifically, I’ve been looking at a goblin. Either a ranger, monk, warlock, fighter or cleric. If you have a recommendation out of these, that would be appreciated as well.

Thank you!

NecroDancer
2018-11-12, 09:27 PM
Check out Matt Mercer’s Lingering Soul class on DMsGuild

Harrysonford
2018-11-12, 09:33 PM
Check out Matt Mercer’s Lingering Soul class on DMsGuild

Thanks for that recommendation. However, I was hoping for mostly official material, maybe revised ranger but even that my group is skeptical about. Thanks for that resource though!

Man_Over_Game
2018-11-13, 05:14 PM
There's a few options that kinda get you where you want to go.

Gloom Stalker is a Ranger build that is good at hunting things in the dark. Being in the dark is exactly where you're most at home.

Horizon Walker is a Ranger that deals in a lot of Force damage, can teleport, can sense portals (breaches into the Underworld, maybe?), and can even occasionally cast Etherealness.

Ancestral Guardian is a Barbarian that utilizes actual ghosts of your ancestors to protect your allies.

Undying Patron is a Warlock that has your patron being some kind of immortal being that doesn't die, so it's immortality is passed on to you. Abilities include healing from death, and regenerating limbs back.

Shadow Sorcerer uses magical darkness and sends out spectral hellhounds to attack your enemies as you curse them.

Hexblade Warlock uses lots of curses to kill your enemies and is tankier than most other casters.

Necromancer Wizard is pretty self explanatory, but it's first ability gives you health for killing enemies with your magic.

Long Death Monk utilizes a lot of fear effects and heals when enemies die, and it can rely on a lot of Wisdom over Dexterity (to play off the fact that you're a ghost).

There's not much that utilizes the "ghostly" part, though. Barbarian might be a good fit, since you can just refit the "rage" to be a sort of spectral form that makes you more difficult to injure.