PDA

View Full Version : Weird idea for gestalt character

Zhentarim
2018-11-12, 09:23 PM
Race: Gnome (Charming diviner, artist [P:Oratory], bond to the land [urban], darkvision...other traits are standard gnome traits.)
Side 1 of gestalt: Bard (Faith Singer, Fortune Teller, Geisha)
Side 2 of gestalt: Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger)
Vile Corruption: Promethean
Groetean Doom: Portal of Incarnation
Alignment: CG

Hero Points? No, this is an antihero and thus gets a bonus feat: Toughness

Background Occupation? Laborer: Get endurance as a bonus feat and get +1 k:engineering and +1 craft:traps

Background Skills? K:engineering and C:Traps

Traits: [gnome] Businessman (alchemy), [magic] Mutant Eye, and [religion] Broken Mind

Drawback: Headstrong

Major Drawback: Spell Vulnerability (Divination), comes with Fortune Teller Feat.

Backstory: I am an antihero with a history as a traveling day laborer, but a very social (if awkward) one, so my three first level feats are endurance, toughness, and diehard because I needed to withstand a lot of abuse when I got on people’s nerves. To be honest, I never meant to harass anybody, I just thought they needed to open their mind to new ideas. I spent most of my life working docks at various locations a few months at time for quick cash then temporarily joining the crew on ships to find a new port when I got bored. When not working or traveling, I spent my time at the library, studying engineering. I learned quite a bit about constructs and how to make traps between my reading and my hands on experience working different places. My father was a deep gnome, and my mother was a surface gnome. Both were explorers and had a fling when they crossed paths. I never knew my father, but such is gnome culture. I never settled down either. I came across a babbling priest of Groetus once. We talked for a time about the end times and after a time we parted ways, I decided to buy a crystal ball and divine information about all the ways the world is crumbling to dust and how when the last soul is judged, Groetus will eat the remnants of the material world and our souls will lead ideal lives on the outer planes based on how we lived. Yes, I use my ball to learn all about all the planes. My favorite is Elysium—so much wide open wilderness.

may go with these post-racial stats: 8 str, 16 dex, 16 con, 14 int, 10 wis, 16 cha

Zhentarim
2018-11-12, 09:26 PM
Any suggestions on playing the character well, improving the backstory, or playing the character in a way thats interesting? Should I raise/lower str or wis?

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1747959