PDA

View Full Version : Turn/Rebuke Undead

Frosty Flake
2007-09-19, 05:30 PM
Heyo, just wondering if there was a way, other than being a cleric, to get turn or rebuke undead? Like... one of the non-core classes or maybe a prestige class? I want to be a Ruby Knight Vindicator, but I just hate clerics.

(or maybe a cleric varient where they get a limited number of spells known? that is my biggest problem with clerics, their access to every spell they qualify for)

Kenbert
2007-09-19, 05:40 PM
Paladins can do it, but not as early on. And their effective level for turning is a few levels lower than their actual paladin level.

Hope that helps.

lotofsnow
2007-09-19, 05:41 PM
Dread Necromancer from Heroes for Horror gets rebuke. They have access to every spell, but they have a very limited spell list.

Kenbert
2007-09-19, 05:42 PM
Paladins can do it, but not as early on. And their effective level for turning is a few levels lower than their actual paladin level.

Hope that helps.

Kenbert
2007-09-19, 05:44 PM

Hope that helps.

Sorry Guys ... bad internet connection = accidental reposts ... that's what i get for using a public computer that I should be using to do engineering HW.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-09-19, 05:44 PM
Uh... déjà vu?

Frosty Flake
2007-09-19, 06:00 PM
*smacks forehead*
Dread Necromancer! I forgot that they get it! I wonder if my DM will allow the RKV to advance in arcane caster levels instead

Edea
2007-09-19, 06:02 PM
I'd rather just take a couple of levels in Sacred Exorcist...

arkol
2007-09-19, 06:02 PM
Frosty Flake if all you need is the turning/rebuke ability then just grab ONE level of cleric....

Alternatively you can try a spontaneous cleric (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/spontaneousDivineCasters.htm), with or without the cloistered cleric variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#clericVariantCloistere dCleric).

Starsinger
2007-09-19, 08:11 PM
Heyo, just wondering if there was a way, other than being a cleric, to get turn or rebuke undead? Like... one of the non-core classes or maybe a prestige class? I want to be a Ruby Knight Vindicator, but I just hate clerics.

(or maybe a cleric varient where they get a limited number of spells known? that is my biggest problem with clerics, their access to every spell they qualify for)

Check out the spontaneous cleric variant in the SRD/Unearthed Arcana. I'm particularly fond of Spontaneous Cloistered Clerics myself... but that's cuz I like my clerics more white magey and less divine tank.

Solo
2007-09-19, 09:44 PM
Chameleon PrC or Ur-Priest PrC.