PDA

View Full Version : Brenor the Champion of taverns

Teaguethebean
2018-11-16, 12:24 AM
Hello all I will be playing in a game with a dm who has never dm'd before in games he enjoys messing around in taverns so i expect a more beer and pretzels type of game. In response to this I am planning on making a barbarian named Brenor Ironrush he is a Mountain Dwarf totem bearbarian. I rolled stats 16 15 14 14 9 7 so my stats are 18 15 16 7 14 9 I am going to take tavern brawler for improvised weapons. But looking at adventuring gear I don't see many good items in adventuring gear to play around with I took notice to soap, and Candles but what else would you recommend.

Unoriginal
2018-11-16, 02:20 AM
Not sure what you mean. You want advice on adventuring gears, or on improvised weapons?

Louro
2018-11-16, 10:46 AM
Dwarf barbarian. You are good to go. Nobody will beat you at those drinking games. Although I would use that 14 WIS on charisma. If you wanna be a real champion of taverns you should get along with people.

Man_Over_Game
2018-11-16, 10:59 AM
One route I really like is the ultimate "Drunken Master" build.

Be Hill Dwarf. Get 2 levels into Barbarian. Then get 3 levels into Monk (into Drunken Master). Use your high mobility combined with Reckless Attack to consistently avoid taking damage while dishing out plenty. You can get more levels into Monk to increase your damage output, or you can put more levels into Barbarian for more support (going Ancestral Guardian). Eventually, you can even grab Dwarven Resilience (Xanathar's feat) to heal yourself in the midst of combat when you use your Monk feature to Bonus Action Dodge.

Treat all of your abilities as various means of getting intoxicated. Being a Dwarf gives you the skill proficiency needed to make your own ale, and being a Drunken Master means you get the proficiency needed to play the fool.