PDA

View Full Version : Attention All Pirates, Thieves, And Ne'er Do Wells

13_CBS
2007-09-19, 08:21 PM
BY THE ORDER OF HER ROYAL MAJESTY-

ATTENTION ALL PIRATES
BY THE DECREE OF THE ENGLISH CROWN AND HER ROYAL NAVY CEASE AND DESIST ALL CRIMINAL ACTIVITY IMMEDIATELY
ALL STOLEN BOOTY ARE TO BE HANDED OVER TO THE NEAREST CROWN PORT AUTHORITIES, INCLUDING ALL ARTICLES OF GOLD AND SILVER

FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE CAPTURE, HANGING, AND QUARTERING

--Commodore of the English Navy

(P.S: Bring it on, pirates :smallyuk: )

((P.S.S: Is this supposed to be in the Silly Message Board Games section?))

Mr. Moon
2007-09-19, 08:23 PM
((This sounds like it'd make a great free-form style Structered game. Get a mod to move it there.))

Brickwall
2007-09-19, 08:27 PM
Arr! I'll give ye some booty alright!

*full moon*

And thar's more whar that came from!

MandibleBones
2007-09-19, 08:54 PM
Yarr! Silly demands of unlawful gold and frivolous queens are of no concern to Kobold Pirates!

13_CBS
2007-09-19, 08:58 PM
Filthy seadogs! The Royal Navy and its legions of Gnomish marines shall see your bodies in gibbets!

*Skulks around in the Man-o-War, glancing at the cannons every once in a while*

dsuursoo
2007-09-19, 10:09 PM
yarr! best be backin those fancy words up with action, lad, or ye'll rue the day ye crossed the pirates of the giant's sea!

knightsaline
2007-09-19, 10:27 PM
Gather round, all of ye. I have grave tidings to tell all ye bar studs. Silver Eye has spotted some strange ships out at sea, carrying black garbed men with pointy swords. These men prefer to hide where they can stab you in the back, move their hands and jabber in some strange lingo. Attempts to "aquire" the vessels have resulted in the deaths of many of our Brotherhood. If you must fight them, make sure they have more on their side than you do. Throw rum at them. Be wary, my brothers, as these men seem to have magic on their side.

13_CBS
2007-09-19, 10:53 PM
Ensign! Send a dispatch to England:

The ninjas have been discovered. Requesting permission to engage all pirate fleets in the area.

Midnight Son
2007-09-19, 11:11 PM
Oh come on; No one's got a spot check high enough to see a ninja ship. You just saw a buncha tourists in their PJs is what...I mean, Yarr and avast. Them be ripe for the pickins. It be the plank for the lot a them, 'nless it be a Tampa Bay Bucaneer Cheerleader PJ party. (or any team's cheerleader PJ party for that matter):smallbiggrin:

dsuursoo
2007-09-19, 11:13 PM
lads, i do be having a plan. we'll need some heat, this catalyst*shakes ominous bottle* and a volunteer.

we be making stealth ninja pirates, lads.

Trog
2007-09-19, 11:24 PM
*pokes head in*

Someone calling for Ne'er Do Wells? Trog forgot his membership card somewhere. Likely in a well. Trog would fetch it but... well... that's against charter rules and such.

*puffs Coffin Nail*

Commodore eh? Trog had one of those back in the day. Used to play "Hunt the Wumpus" on it. Ahhh the old 64. What's a computer without a TV UHF adapter to hook it up to.

*Suddenly gets snatched by SuperBat to Elsewhereville*

tannish2
2007-09-20, 12:11 AM
NINJAS!? ninja...pirates...

Vuurmeester
2007-09-20, 12:21 AM
Ready the cannons, raise the dutch flag! We're going to show these damned English how real men fight.

The Vuurvaarder raises a dutch flag beneath the pirate flag they have.

Get the bombs, get the shrapnel and get the normal bullets, those English are in need of a smiting for the republic and prince William, and the booty is ours!

The Vuurvaarder sails towards the English navy ship and starts shooting shrapnel to kill the men aboard the ship.

A Rainy Knight
2007-09-20, 02:37 PM
As captain of the Invincible and as a privateer of the... What crown do I serve again? Lithuania?!? You've got to be kidding me. Excuse me while I go find a more powerful sponsor. Full sails, lads! The seas await!

Castaras
2007-09-20, 02:47 PM
The dread pirate Castaras stood upon the deck of her ship, watching the sun slowly set. Another successful day of plundering. She would dine well tonight. A small pie hobbles over to her.

Ship seen on the horizon! Moving towards us pretty darned fast!
Na'y?
Aye.
Arr. Not good. Man th' cannons.

She strode over to the wheel of the ship, watching the navy ship close in, eyes narrowing. Another of those rightful scum would soon by lying at the bottom of the sea, and another of those navy ships would be under the command of the Pirate Fleet commander Castaras.

Calamity
2007-09-20, 02:51 PM

ATTENTION ALL PIRATES
BY THE DECREE OF THE ENGLISH CROWN AND HER ROYAL NAVY CEASE AND DESIST ALL CRIMINAL ACTIVITY IMMEDIATELY
ALL STOLEN BOOTY ARE TO BE HANDED OVER TO THE NEAREST CROWN PORT AUTHORITIES, INCLUDING ALL ARTICLES OF GOLD AND SILVER

Arr, ye be making a big mistake thinkin' that us pirates are goin' t' listen t' ye, most of us be Chaotic. Arr, fire tha cannons! They'll never be takin' tha Demonic Halibut!

PlatinumJester
2007-09-20, 03:08 PM
Yaar! I be Captain Gingerbeard, Robot Ninja Pirate of the Seven Seas.

Hoist the sails and man the cannons. The limey redcoats arebearing down on us.

Now for a Sid Meier Pirates style duel.

Death Giant
2007-09-20, 03:17 PM
You should make a game out of this. It's pretty good. I'd play it.:smallsmile:

dsuursoo
2007-09-20, 03:31 PM
*grabs one of the crew of the bloody bun and pours part of the jug of catalyst down his throat*

stand back lads, this reaction is a bit energetic. but, when we're done, we won't be needing cannnons, not with so powerful a weapon on our hands!

Bayar
2007-09-20, 03:32 PM
Yar har har!I'll be killin ye all then I'll be feastin above ye! Shiver me timbers!

LCR
2007-09-20, 03:38 PM
As a citizen of the Federal Republic of Germany, I don't feel compelled at all to follow silly orders issued by the British navy.
Next time, get the EU to drop me a note and I'll be sure to pass it on to our parliament for further discussion.

Edit: Added the word "further", because I like it.

eidreff
2007-09-20, 04:08 PM
*looks at water*

bleugh too salty

*slithers inland*

silly humanoids, whilst they are all at sea I will eat their villages MWAH HAHAHA!

The Prince of Cats
2007-09-20, 04:42 PM
Pirate? What pirate?

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/2018/marquemx2.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Mr. Moon
2007-09-20, 08:21 PM
((Allrighty then. Not Structered games. *shrugs* Suit yourselves.))

Thud. Thud. A pair of fancy looking boots thud onto the deck of the Redeemer. The camera pans up for an establishing shot of Moon Called in her pirate garb.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/solarturtle/Piratedrooo.png

Another half-elf, half-drow walks into the screen. "Orders from the crown, sister."

Moon Called frowns. "Let's see 'em, Dusk."

Dusk gives his sister a sealed letter with a smile. The elf/drow flips it open, and reads it. She raises an eyebrow and reads it again. Her shoulders begin to shake. Eventualy, she bursts into laughter. "Hah! Brittish dogs! They think they can order the dread Siblings about like lap dogs?" Moon Called rips the parchment up and throws it overboard.

Korias
2007-09-20, 08:37 PM
Aye! There be rum in this mug, not those Brit's shoddy Ale! This Magical Mug of Ever-refilling Rum is my favorite posession! I Shall take it to the grave!

*Takes a swig and passes out*

Hell Puppi
2007-09-20, 08:51 PM
Yar, long I can pretend to be a privateer and sail under the enlglish crown, so long as I get my share :smallbiggrin:
This probably doesn't help that my ancestor's last name was Drake. Hehehe....

Raiser Blade
2007-09-20, 08:57 PM
*is drunk

Whadsh all dish aboud da navy. Back *hic* insh my day we used da navee fer target practish.

*passes out

Hell Puppi
2007-09-20, 09:02 PM
*steals Raiser_B1ade's drink while he's passed out*

O_o

o_O

You saw nothing....

*drinks*

LordVader
2007-09-20, 09:06 PM
Enter the ghost pirates!

A massive ship appearing to be made of fog slides up out of the nearest fog bank. It solidifies momentarily, fires off several cannons, and then goes ghostly again. On the deck, the transparent, green captain grins.

"The crown'll get nothing from us, lads!"

((I agree, this would be a great Structured Game. Also, I am addicted to the Pirates CSG as well.:smallbiggrin:))

Hell Puppi
2007-09-20, 09:09 PM
Oohhh shiny...

*tries to poke ghost pirates*

:smallannoyed:

Awwww.....

LordVader
2007-09-20, 09:18 PM
In return, he gets a full broadside to the face!:smallbiggrin:

Mr. Moon
2007-09-20, 09:20 PM
((I agree, this would be a great Structured Game. Also, I am addicted to the Pirates CSG as well.))

((A-hah! Someone like minded! 13_CBS, mind if I start a thread like this in SMBG? Please?))

LordVader
2007-09-20, 09:29 PM
((So a bit like AMEN, except pirates?))

I'm da Rogue!
2007-09-21, 09:01 AM
I'm not a pirate, but since you called the thieves to join the thread too, here I am.

Hey! navy guys! take that!
*throws daggers*
*joins the pirates*
*drinks some rum*
*looks for a handsome pirate to talk with*

Pepz
2007-09-21, 10:21 AM
*dons the eyepatch and the bastard sword again*

Bring it on ye brittish scum! Me and me swashbuckling crew can take on anythin ye wussy brits dare send on our way!

I'm da Rogue!
2007-09-21, 11:08 AM
*jumps on the ship and joins pepz's crew*

(After all, a waterdancer is similar to a shwashbuckler.)

*swings rapier shouting*

"Come on, navy-ladies!! We're getting bored up here!"

SoD
2007-10-05, 01:40 PM
*jumps from a nearby ship*

''Arrg! Need tha help o' SoD? I'm generally known as 'tha piratey one' by many fellow treasure hunters! I do so enjoy a good time piratin'! But I ain't gonna be treated like some lackey! I won't boss tha crew around, but I won't take no orders either! Tha Shadow is a force ta be reckoned wit', persued by authorities from two countries ta count!''

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-05, 02:50 PM
"Captain, Ihave urgent news!" A sailorcalls ashe skidsinside the skipper's quarters, holind a shortsword in his hand and looking quite frazzled.
"What is it, seamen?"

The Skipper asked as he bolted upright from behind his desk.
"Sir! its a mutiny! the men wish to join the pirates!"

"This must be quelled immediatly! How many are there loyal to me?"

In response, a crossbow quarrel penetrated the throat of the captain from thirty feet behind, dropping him like a rock.

"None." Thanatos said as he revealed himself from the shadows. Swiping the captain's Fancy Hat, he walked foward and signaled the seamen to inform the men.

"Full sail towards the battle unfolding!"

Moff Chumley
2007-10-05, 06:00 PM
[Sets up shop on a small boat, entailing a desk, several filing cabinets, a trans-dimensional portal, and a big sign]

Dreaded Flying Cavy Riders of the High Seas
Can be yours for only 300 gp a day
Details aply

Oh yes, and I also do theme music for ten bucks a song.
[Pulls out ancient Korg N5 and an gigantic amp]

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2007-10-05, 06:37 PM
Those Brits may have taken Wales, but this whale is to much for them!" The Captain of the Whale of Wales strutted down the foredeck all the way to the poopdeck. Helmsman! Head due East! We're aheadin' for England!" Cheers ran out from the crew, as the sloop shot out of the Gulf of Saint Lawrence, and into the blue briny...

SoD
2007-10-06, 08:57 AM
*looks out to sea*

''Hmm...tha seems ta be a few too many ships fer my liking. I fear we may have tha entire fleet o' two countries after me...uh, us. I hoped it wouldn't come to this...but we have but one option.''

*brandishes a raipier in one hand and a bottle in the other*

''Rum, anyone?''

Dean Fellithor
2007-10-06, 09:11 AM

ATTENTION ALL PIRATES

the only problem is: can your ships fly? *Chaotic laugh* hehee..... good times...

the thing is: I Be the lovable, Dashing, Pirating, Swashbuckler Dread Dean, Jack of all Un-lawful trades and your friendly Neighborhood Cassanova.
not one Naval vessle of law has caught me yet! Not one captained by a Man that is! And not once arrested! *whisper* not properly anyhow *. Yargh!

Dean Fellithor
2007-10-06, 09:18 AM
I'm not a pirate, but since you called the thieves to join the thread too, here I am.

Hey! navy guys! take that!
*throws daggers*
*joins the pirates*
*drinks some rum*
*looks for a handsome pirate to talk with*

I shall be your Handsome Pirate mi'lady.

*kisses hand*

(double Postin' my have been necissary to get the fair maiden)

I'm da Rogue!
2007-10-06, 09:33 AM
"Hello, kind sir"
:smallsmile:
*kiss*

*Pickpocket*

"Nice to meet you":smallwink:

*Walks away*

Dean Fellithor
2007-10-06, 09:45 AM
"Hello, kind sir"
:smallsmile:
*kiss*

*Pickpocket*

"Nice to meet you":smallwink:

*Walks away*

<.<
*observes that she picked my pocket*
>.>

*casually follows*

*raep*

Moff Chumley
2007-10-06, 01:12 PM
Hmm...
{Starts playing disco on his keyboard, and wonders what public reaction will be}

Raiser Blade
2007-10-06, 01:32 PM
*raep*

O_O

*double checks post*

o_O

......uhhhhh

Did you just..

you know.....

Dean Fellithor
2007-10-07, 12:49 AM
O_O

*double checks post*

o_O

......uhhhhh

Did you just..

you know.....

Did I just what?

Raiser Blade
2007-10-07, 01:23 AM
Well what did you mean by *raep*.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-10-07, 07:37 AM
"Yeah, what did you mean?":smallannoyed:

*takes out her rapier*

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-07, 08:19 AM
Meanwhile, Thanatos's Frigate pulls alongside a Royal Navy Sloop, while still flying a British Flag, and launches the shipbioar dequivilent of a Sneak Attack Broadside before quickly retreating and running up a new flag. Important to note was the following.
It was not a Jolly Roger, instead, the flag had a moon with a dagger superimposed over it on a black field.

A cry for Blood sprang up about the decks.

Dean Fellithor
2007-10-07, 08:25 AM
"Yeah, what did you mean?":smallannoyed:

*takes out her rapier*

O.O

>.>
*drops a smoke bomb*
<.<

*runs to the safety of my own ship and sails away quickly*

Serpentine
2007-10-07, 08:36 AM
A purple shape can be seen sliding through a cannon opening of Dean's ship with a hiss and the soft scrape of scales. A line of wet wood marks her passage up the side of the hull.

Dean Fellithor
2007-10-07, 08:59 AM
A purple shape can be seen sliding through a cannon opening of Dean's ship with a hiss and the soft scrape of scales. A line of wet wood marks her passage up the side of the hull.

*Dean and his crew have locked on target of a English ship, Dean takes 20 to find any women on board and Finds none, his crew then aim for the main mast*

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2007-10-07, 02:26 PM
The sloop has somehow already arrived at the scene of the battle. They hoist their flag: A black stylized skull on a white background (http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs19/i/2007/280/0/c/The_Flag_of_Dread_Pirate_Gwyn_by_Gwyn_ap_Nud.jpg). Gwyn draws 2 long-barreled pistols, and stands silently. The Whale of Wales drifts silently through the carnage, seemingly abondoned, with the crew manning cannons hidden behind closed hatches,and only a lone man on deck.
However, once the lone man fires a shot into the face of a british officer leaning from a nearby Man'o'war, the spell is broken. The hatches are lifted, and the already prepped cannons are fired. The Man'o'war is holed at the waterline, and begins to capsize.
The deck of the sloop is suddenly filled with men. They fire, of all things, flaming arrows at the mast of a converted Hansean Merchant League ship. It catches fire, and the ship is effectively moored. The pirates board the ship, fighting with primarily swords and spears, with Gwyn in the midst of them, firing shot after shot after shot, striding through the enemy without fear.