PDA

View Full Version : Need help creating Link

Mr.Spastic
2018-11-16, 04:36 PM
This is pretty straight forward, I wan't to play a character based off of Link. Do any of you guys have an idea of how to do this? I kind of want a Nave-like familiar but if it spreads the build too thin than I don't need it.

Man_Over_Game
2018-11-16, 04:40 PM
Link uses lots of tools, can take a decent hit, but doesn't wear much armor. He also focuses on outmaneuvering enemies and hitting them where it hurts. You're looking for someone equally skilled in all ranges, but also uses a shield.

Dexterity Battle Master Fighter. Easy fit. The only real concern is doffing your shield requires an action (Link doesn't take 6 seconds to pull out his bow). Give him a variety of weapon options, like a Whip, Net, Short sword, and Longbow.

If a familiar is needed, a single level into Wizard, or the Magic Initiate feat, will grant you what you need for a basic familiar (like a Hawk/Owl). Relatable cantrips could be things like Green Flame Blade (Master Sword laser beams, yo), Lightning Lure (Grappling hook), and Message (for the [mostly] silent protagonist).

For a more enhanced (pixie) familiar, you'll need two levels into Warlock, with no other alternatives. Likely Hexblade as your patron, for the melee-specific spells, or Celestial/Archfey for flavor.

stoutstien
2018-11-16, 04:45 PM
A thief rogue can strangely fit this theme with bonus to climb jump and swift hands. Agree with above three lvs in battle master will get the feel of links attacks.

Ganymede
2018-11-16, 05:55 PM
Link is a pact of the chain Hexblade. His pact is with the Master Sword and his chain familiar is a sprite.

Desteplo
2018-11-16, 06:30 PM
Hunter Ranger 11
Horde breaker
Iron will
Whirlwind

All iconic measures of link.

Depending which game you go with depends where to go from there (non3D old school options probably only go 7 ranger or even 3)

But the biggest one of all the main features that I’ve come up with was 9 lvls of Wizard

From ocarina: you get our fireball, teleport and stoneskin, all your magic arrows
-from Zelda 2: you get fly, ranger gives heal, lightning bolt, etc

“Phantom steed” is a ritual spell that gives us Epona
—————-
Ranger11/paladin5 (or bard6)
This is another incomplete option but “find steed” spell also is an Epona option
—————
High elf for race makes the most sense, raised by forest gnomes.
-could potential go half-elf
———————
Stats I’d say are more even split. He heavily relies on magic items.
Gauntlets of power, flying boots, magic sword, magic tunic
-so I’d probably go as close to 14s across the board as possible. This edition you can get away with stats like that. It’s the fun you are going for. Full dex link takes away all the fun of wielding the biggoron sword, or even long sword/shield. Do you want to give in to refluffing a rapier? I sure don’t