PDA

View Full Version : Rogue/Fighter Multiclass Assistance

Alexborn101
2018-11-18, 11:43 PM
Greetings all.
I have lost a level 2 character to an unfortunate case of Crossbow-Bolt-To-The-Face Syndrome last night, and I need to roll up a new character. I was thinking about a Fighter/Rogue as a replacement for my late Blood Hunter, but I need some help mapping out what levels I'll be taking, and when I take them.

I'm looking to focus on archery, and I've already rolled up stats.
Str 11
Dex 17
Con 15
Int 11
Wis 15
Cha 16

Alexborn101
2018-11-19, 12:00 AM
Note:
I don't mean *just* for these two levels

CTurbo
2018-11-19, 02:38 AM
Vhuman put you +1 in Dex and Con

Fighter 1 and take Archery style and Sharpshooter
Rogue 5 take Scout expertise in Stealth and Perception and take +2 Dex at Rogue 4
Fighter 4 and take Battle Master with Trip Attack, Disarming Attack, Presicion Attack
Rogue x from there

Take Mobile at Fighter 4
Magic Initiate at Rogue 8 for Find Familiar, Minor Illusion, and a fire utility cantrip like control flames or create bonfire.
I'd probably grab Alert and Lucky at some point

Trustypeaches
2018-11-19, 03:11 AM
Vhuman put you +1 in Dex and Con

Fighter 1 and take Archery style and Sharpshooter
Rogue 5 take Scout expertise in Stealth and Perception and take +2 Dex at Rogue 4
Fighter 4 and take Battle Master with Trip Attack, Disarming Attack, Presicion Attack
Rogue x from there

Take Mobile at Fighter 4
Magic Initiate at Rogue 8 for Find Familiar, Minor Illusion, and a fire utility cantrip like control flames or create bonfire.
I'd probably grab Alert and Lucky at some pointWait so you aren't even going Fighter 5 for Extra Attack?

On a character that isn't using the SCAG cantrips?

CTurbo
2018-11-19, 04:51 AM
Wait so you aren't even going Fighter 5 for Extra Attack?

On a character that isn't using the SCAG cantrips?

Sorry I worded that badly due to typing on my phone.

What I meant was Fighter 1, Rogue 1-5, Fighter 2-5, Rogue 6-15.

So Fighter 5/Rogue 15

Trustypeaches
2018-11-19, 05:19 AM
Yeah for most builds you're going to go Fighter 5 / Rogue 15, basically, unless you are building around Magic Initiate and the SCAG cantrips, in which case you'll only go to Fighter 3 since you won't benefit from Extra Attack.

The reason a Rogue can invest better in the SCAG cantrips is because they tie most of their damage up in a single strike, so they don't lose out a whole lot from giving up Extra Attack. Additionally, they can get the rider off on Booming Blade more consistently as they can use their bonus action to disengage away, leaving an opponent to either move and take damage or not move and use different combat options. Even if you don't get the Rider off, you still force the enemy not to move which can often be disadvantageous.