PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Shirt of Wraith Stalking v. True seeing

Thac0 Redeye
2018-11-19, 10:29 AM
I have a chara in the party with a Shirt of Wraith Stalking. If my BBEG Vampire casts true seeing will he overcome the powers of the shirt?

JNAProductions
2018-11-19, 10:34 AM
I have a chara in the party with a Shirt of Wraith Stalking. If my BBEG Vampire casts true seeing will he overcome the powers of the shirt?

I'd say no. That seems to be RAW, and probably also RAI-it's not that you're invisible, it's that you don't register to undead.

Troacctid
2018-11-19, 11:19 AM
Hide from undead is an abjuration, not an illusion, so true seeing will not see past it.

Yael
2018-11-19, 04:07 PM
Hide from undead is an abjuration, not an illusion, so true seeing will not see past it.

I don't think it has to do with school, as true seeing also goes over the transmutation and evocation schools (polymorph and darkness).

Maybe it would allow the normal Will ST against true seeing, as per a hide from undead effect versus intelligent undead? The spell does not list True Seeing as its exceptions (blindsense, blindsight, scent and tremorsense are supernatural or extraordinary, but says nothing about spells.)

Crake
2018-11-19, 07:48 PM
I don't think it has to do with school, as true seeing also goes over the transmutation and evocation schools (polymorph and darkness).

Maybe it would allow the normal Will ST against true seeing, as per a hide from undead effect versus intelligent undead? The spell does not list True Seeing as its exceptions (blindsense, blindsight, scent and tremorsense are supernatural or extraordinary, but says nothing about spells.)

Agreed that true seeing isn't limited by school. I don't think it should give you a save, just straight up win. True seeing says "You confer on the subject the ability to see all things as they actually are." Shirt of wraith stalking obscures reality, true seeing removes that obstruction.

Shirt of wraith stalking is honestly pretty damn OP, being able to quite literally auto-win against an entire monster type, and a very common one at that, is just too strong, especially for a measly 6000gp. If you try to make it even stronger, then shame on you.

Thurbane
2018-11-19, 09:23 PM
Dust of Disappearance (arguably) trumps True Seeing...but I'm not so sure about the Shirt.