PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Is casting Healing Blast a swift action

Almostdead
2018-11-19, 06:36 PM
Gift of the Divine Patron (Su): You can spend one of your turn/rebuke undead attempts as a swift action to activate the chosen power.

Healing Blast: In place of applying an eldritch essence invocation to your eldritch blast, you can change it into a healing blast.

So if you activate healing blast as swift action, do you need another standard action to shoot it?

Goaty14
2018-11-19, 06:52 PM
Yes, because Healing Blast does not explicitly shoot the eldritch blast.

Almostdead
2018-11-19, 07:01 PM
Yes, because Healing Blast does not explicitly shoot the eldritch blast.
Damn...Then what is the point of being eldritch diciple...There are not enough standard actions for cleric/warlock already...

Goaty14
2018-11-19, 07:05 PM
Damn...Then what is the point of being eldritch diciple...There are not enough standard actions for cleric/warlock already...

Not necessarily. Yes, to fully use all of your class features in a round, for every round of combat, pairing two active classes like Warlock and Cleric make it nigh-impossible. However, I could plausibly see a build that uses cleric to give itself buffs (before combat), and then uses Eldritch Blast in combat as an offensive option.

Almostdead
2018-11-19, 07:08 PM
Not necessarily. Yes, to fully use all of your class features in a round, for every round of combat, pairing two active classes like Warlock and Cleric make it nigh-impossible. However, I could plausibly see a build that uses cleric to give itself buffs (before combat), and then uses Eldritch Blast in combat as an offensive option.

Except I'm the only cleric in my team...:smallsigh::smallsigh::smallsigh: