PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Homebrew God: Community, Charm, Sun, Law, and Evil

Zhentarim
2018-11-21, 10:20 AM
I’m making a homebrew diety for a campaign and I picked these domains based on the flavor I want the god to have. Can you guess what this God is like? His Unholy symbol is a prison watchtower.

heavyfuel
2018-11-21, 10:24 AM
Pelor, the burning Hate?

But really, what do you want? For us to guess, or for us to suggest?

Kish
2018-11-22, 11:28 AM
Hextor, only with a sun association added.

Zhentarim
2018-11-23, 07:59 PM
Pelor, the burning Hate?

But really, what do you want? For us to guess, or for us to suggest?

A little bit of both.

What I have so far is going to be used in a 1 on 1 game for a person who plays on this forum. That said I will spoiler most of my correspondence so he doesn’t have major elements of the plot revealed.

There are many minor dieties, but they owe allegience to one of two major dieties: Omzord and Grimelda. Omzord’s domains are Community, Charm, Sun, Law, and evil. Grimelda’s Domains are Plant, Animal, Darkness, Chaos, and Evil. There was once a third major diety whose domains were travel, air, water, earth, and good, but 1000 years ago, the two evil dieties of the setting called a temporary truce and joined forces to defeat that diety and that diety was forgotten. Clerics within a step of Neutral Good are a thing of the past in this setting, and clerics within a step of Lawful Evil serve Omzord and clerics within a step of Chaotic Evil serve Grimelda. In this setting, Druids are within a step of Chaotic Evil instead of any neutral. Usually, Oracles are neutral, but the rare good Oracle exists. As you can tell, this is a very cynical setting that pits lawful evil vs chaotic evil, with the forces of good being rendered impotent.

My concept for Omzord is he is the civilization god. Its unclear why he props up civilization, but he sees cities loyal to him as his children. He is ruthless to those outside of his faith, and demands those in his faith be conformists and not leave the city walls without permission, but he is the less evil of the two main dieties. History is regularly revised to cover up the organization’s blunders and those who question orthodoxy are killed and made mindless undead who gaurd the city walls. Enchantments, and lots of “bread and circuses” are used to keep the population pacified, and while the rights of the weak and nonconformists are trampled on, the cities are a good place for the majority of mortals. The most loyal to Omzord are given special permission by the cities’ high priests to go forth and smite the forces of chaos so the cities may expand and grow together. Those that leave the city tend to be tyrant antipaladins (with smite chaos and detect chaos instead of good), clerics, and occasionally warpriests.

Grimelda is even more mysterious, sending madmen and savage beasts from her deep forests to tear down civilization. Inscrutable, her humanoid followers are generally antipaladins (with smite law and detect law instead of good), druids, and occasionally clerics.

Beyond this, I’m still fleshing out these two gods and the big bads that serve them. My hero is caught in the middle between these two deplorable forces, but is still level 2 at the start of the game and must train to make a difference.