PDA

View Full Version : Monster Resistances and Immunities etc

Mike Miller
2018-11-22, 10:04 PM
I saw a summation of MM resistances etc for 5e and I decided to find one for 3e. Since I couldn't find one, I decided to compile it myself. Here (https://www.scribd.com/document/393917924/Resistances-and-Such) are the results in PDF form. Let's see if I can remember all the things to mention about how I did this. It is primarily based on stat blocks. To explain, consider a damage in a stat block as (1d6 + 1d6 cold). Then I would add 1 to the "Deals Damage: Cold" block. However, if the stat block just has (1d6) for damage and some ability that does Cold damage, I may have overlooked it. So it probably isn't 100% accurate, but damn close. The nonmagic weapons number summed up the bludgeoning, slashing, piercing amounts. The Alignment number summed up the...alignments. The Special Materials summed up the adamantine, silver, and cold iron. All the DR / whatever are in the "Vulnerability to" column because that is what overcomes the enemy's DR. Enemies with natural attacks that have DR also overcome DR with their natural attacks. I didn't include these unless the enemy specifically called out that DR. Turns out only 3 call that property out (or at least I only caught 3). Also, this was done with the original printing of the MM1.

This took me a few weeks due to lack of time, but I do plan on compiling other books eventually. Any preferences for next book? I was thinking MM3 next.

Type
Deals Damage
Has Resistance To
Is Immune To
Has Vulnerability To

Acid

Cold

Electricity

Fire

Force

Negative

Petrification