PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Tainted item that would cause someone to become a vampire and one for a necromancer

Gnaritas
2018-11-23, 05:56 AM
As the title says, for my upcoming campaign i need some kind of tainted item that would cause a person to become a vampire, and a different item that would cause someone to become a necromancer.

This can be either an existing item, or simply one that is homebrew.

Worst case i can simply let it be an Amulet that turned the wearer into a Vampire, but i want something more symbolic.

For the necromancer i was thinking something like Darkskull (link) (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#darkskull).
For the vampire i have nothing specific yet.

Note that i just need an item, it's function (like the one of the Darkskull) is of less importance, i will probably change it anyhow.

Gnaritas
2018-11-23, 06:02 AM
As i keep searching, i just found Robe of Bones which would also work well for a Necromancer.

rferries
2018-11-23, 06:07 AM
Necromancer - a book of forbidden lore; the character finds themselves reading it (with uncertainty at first, but eventually obsessively) and learning of powers over life and death.

Vampire - a magnificent golden chalice encrusted with rubies. Drinking from it passes on the curse of vampirism (just a one-shot item). Alternatively a dagger or ring for long-term use, in either case set with a large ruby or bloodstone. Mayb even an Iron Maiden (a la Elizabet Bathory - use it to drain your victims blood to bathe in?).

ShurikVch
2018-11-23, 06:33 AM
For a Vampire:
Shrouds of the Unholy (http://archive.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/dx20021031x) - to use on a corpse
Flesh of Orcus (Ghostwalk): if living creature ate it and fail subsequent Fort save, it they will die and raise as a Vampire or Monstrous Vampire (if applicable)

For a Necromancer:
Well, Runestaff of Necromancy is a classics there
Villain Design Handbook have Darklight Codex, studying of which is necessary to qualifying for Darklight Wizard
Finally, Sandstorm have the Dead Throne - minor artifact which is able to turn any body into Lich, and grants Undead-creating abilities (at the cost of not moving farther than 100' from the Throne ever)