PDA

View Full Version : Beastmaster Ranger... the frankenstein approach

Eragon123
2018-11-23, 03:41 PM
What do I mean by the frankenstein approach? I mean that instead of coming up with ideas whole cloth, I patch ideas from UA, other homebrew, and various ideas I've heard online in order to try and fix this subclass. (I also have some ideas for the ranger class as a whole but i''m trying to design this modularly).

3-Animal Loyalty You gain proficiency in the Animal Handling skill. If you are already proficient in the skill, you add double your proficiency bonus to checks you make with it.
• You can use a bonus action on your turn to command one friendly beast within 60 feet of you that can hear you and that isn’t currently following the command of someone else. You decide now what action the beast will take and where it will move during its next turn, or you issue a general command that lasts for 1 minute, such as to guard a particular area. If you spend one hour with an animal, it becomes loyal to you until it becomes unconscious or release it of your own accord.
In addition, you may communicate with any animal loyal to you as if you were under the effects of the spell speak with animals.

Improved Find Familiar
When you cast Find Familiar, in addition to the other forms, you may summon any beast with a challenge rating of 1/4th or lower. At sixth level this increases to Cr 1, at 9th level CR 2, 12th CR 3, 15th CR 4, 18th CR 5. In addition, your familiar may make the attack action or any action that the animal is capable of making.

7-Shepard of the Menagerie Any animal allies or animal summons loyal to you (not one of your allies) get double your proficiency added to their HP, AC, and saves. In addition, any damage they deal counts as magical for overcoming resistances. Also if any of the animals forces a save, they gain a bonus to it equal to your proficiency.

11- Focused conjuration. When concentrating on a conjuration spell, you cannot lose concentration as a result of taking damage.

15-Restorer of Nature As a reaction to one or more of your animal allies taking damage, you can spend a spell slot to restore hp equal to twice the level of the spell plus your wisdom modifier to all of your animal allies within 60 feet of you. In addition, they gain temporary hit points equal to the level of the spell slot plus your proficiency modifier.