PDA

View Full Version : Whats your 5 lvl 1 ideal group.

Whit
2018-11-23, 08:56 PM
Using PHB only and stats of 15,14,13,12,10,8 starting at level 1 what would be your ideal 5 person group.

1. Cleric Hill Dwarf Life Domain, W16,C16,S13,CH12,I10,D8 Heavy Armor under Life Cleric, Warhammer shield, far better healing, great AC
2. Fighter(battlemaster) Human V., S16,C16,CH13,W12,I10,D8 Fighting Style GWF Feat GWM. Not as good as Sharpshooter but down the line it will be great. Good AC
3. Paladin(Ancient) 1/2 Elf S16,CH16,C14,W12,I10,D8 Great AC Armor&Shield Eventually Aura of Warding will be SO HUGE
4. Rogue (Thief) Wood Elf D17,W15,C13,CH12,S10,I8 Free Perception, faster movement.
5. Wizard(Divination) Forest Gnome I17,D15,C13,W12,CH10,S8 ADV vs I,W,CH saves Minor Ill. And Divination(portent) can be outright deadly.

Fighter& Paladin are front line, with Cleric taking a flank position to heal front or defend the back. The Rogue range sneak attacks and Wizard cast his/her spells at range

Rogue Perception and Paladin Social.

stoutstien
2018-11-24, 12:41 AM
5 orc bards/band

CTurbo
2018-11-24, 11:37 AM
Ancients Paladin
Tempest Cleric
Lore Bard
Wolf Barb
Scout Rogue

Ganymede
2018-11-24, 12:17 PM
Someone with a fully appointed game room for hosting events

Someone good at painting minis and making terrain (me)

Someone who loves hosting and making food

Someone with a full featured D&D beyond subscription

Someone to DM

Biggstick
2018-11-24, 12:35 PM
1. Mountain Dwarf Abjuration Wizard. S10, D14, C16, I15, W10, C8. Medium armor wearing Wizard that will look to max Intelligence and be your Counterspelling/Dispelling arcane caster.
2. Half Elf Light Cleric. S10, D14, C15, I10, W16, C10. Medium armor wearing Cleric that will max out Wisdom first and has just as much bang spell damage-wise as the Wizard. Also can pick up skills the skill monkey doesn't with extra Half Elf skills.
3. Half Orc Vengeance Paladin. S16, D10, C15, I10, W10, C14. Heavy armor wearing Paladin with a focus on survivability (Defense Fighting style, +2 Str at level 4, Resilient Constitution at 8) over damage (but they're still a Vengeance Paladin who can turn on the damage when they need to). Misty Step and the Half Orc racial feature of not dying will do work in helping this single "true" front-liner stay alive.
4. High Elf Arcane Trickster Rogue. S9, D16, C14, I10, W12, C14. Light armor wearing Rogue that will max out Dexterity, then grab Sharpshooter and use their Longbow. This is our person to deal with traps (Mage Hand shenanigans) as well as the resident skill monkey. Though our Charisma isn't the highest, Expertise in Persuasion and Enhance Ability from the Cleric will do work in making this character a fantastic face.
5. Human Variant Hunter Ranger. S8, D16, C16, I10, W13, C10. Medium armor wearing Ranger that will take Sharpshooter level 1, max out Dexterity, and be the primary single target damage dealer in the group. They'll also be able to contribute skill-wise to the party, along with the Cleric and the Rogue. Lastly, Pass w/o Trace and Darkvision both allow this party to sneak into places they normally wouldn't be able to.

All the bases are covered with this party. The only thing truly lacking is additional front liners, but the Cleric, Wizard, and Ranger could all do in a pinch to stand in the front for a moment or two. The Wizard and the Cleric work especially well together with the Ward from the Wizard and the Warding Flare from the Cleric. Ranged damage from the group is phenomenal, as you have two spell casters who can drop a Fireball and two martial characters with a Longbow. Arguably the biggest weakness of the group in combat situations is where the Cleric is standing at, as they don't have real mobility options like the rest of the party.

Citan
2018-11-24, 12:50 PM
Hi!
Hmm.

I see several ways to go at this, not sure whichever would be the "best"...
You could focus on building an army party (All Shepherd Druids XD or simply Glamour Bard + Shepherd Druid + Beastmaster Ranger + Divine Soul Sorcerer + Conjurer Wizard) for example.
Or make a complete ranged party that avoids anything not fit for it (mix of Rogues, Rangers and Monks).
Or any of all "monoclass" parties...

So I'll suppose you want only different classes, and a party that could win mostly anything coming its way from level 1 to 20. Also, no multiclassing, and no feats, and only official content, excluding Ravnica (don't know it well and honestly dislike the pure power creep that is "guild spells"). (I'll still put feats/multiclass dips options in case of)

Suggested party composition
1. Shepherd Druid: this is the pillar of the party: Goodberry, Pass Without Trace, Healing Spirit, Conjure Animals.
- Multiclass ok? Life Cleric 1 & Rogue 1 (Expertise: Stealth) if no expectation to get to 20. Otherwise no.
- Feats ok? Observant, Resilient: Constitution, ritual caster: Cleric, possibly Prodigy: Perception if Human (you don't really care that much about WIS as a support backliner).

2. Divine Soul Sorcerer: second pillar, using Extend to pull ouf buffs as needed (Mage Armor, Aid, upcast Invisibility). Other metamagics being any two among Subtle, Empower, Twin. I'd go Subtle and Twin but matter of taste really.
- Multiclass ok? Hexblade Warlock 1-3 (armor proficiencies mainly + Repelling Blast, Tome is extremely optional, or you could go Chain and pick the "automaximum heal" invocation) and/or Trickery Cleric 2 (distant heals/AOE spells while blasting from safe place, great with Quicken) or Tempest Cleric 2 (maximized Shatter/Chain Lightning? Hmmm ;)).
- Feats ok? Healer or Inspiring Leader + Tough (especially if Twin Warding Bond ^^) + ritual caster: Bard + Warcaster or Elemental Adept or Mage Slayer depending on build.

3. Arcane Trickster Rogue: skirmisher. Staying mid-range, occasionally getting into front-line (or regularly if Warding Bond). Will use self-buffs at low levels, and be in charge of all skill checks at higher level.
- Multiclass ok? Knowledge Cleric 2 (end-game) or Bladesinger 2-5 (lots of low level spells) or Shadow Sorcerer 3 (Subtle + "I can see into my Darkness") or Chain Fiend/Hexblade Pact (for "max heal" invocation and Helper familiar).
- Feats ok? Warcaster or Sentinel, Mage Slayer, Resilient Constitution later if building upon Magical Ambush.

4. Ancients Paladin: frontliner. TBH any Paladin would be great here, and for some aspects an Eldricht Knight or Barbarian would be better. Ancients Paladin's edge is the nice mix of martial and magic with great spells and nova ability. Devotion could be a better pick depending on how party plays and feats. In both cases, stay in medium armor (don't ruin party stealth -even with PWT!).
- Multiclass ok? Swords Bard 1-3-5 (healing, Two-Weapon-Fighting) or Hexblade Blade Warlock 1-3-5 (short-rest slots for smites).

5. Bladesinger Wizard: skirmisher: like Rogue, staying mid-range and occasionally pushing in front when needed. Takes care of a good load of rituals. If AT picks Bladesinger multiclass, you can instead pick Abjurer.
- Multiclass ok? Fighter 1 (Two-Weapon fighting style, proficiencies for Abjurer) and/or Rogue 2 (Cunning Action).
- Feats ok? Mobile, Resilient: Constitution, Warcaster.

Why I think this party is strong.
First, party-wide spells: Pass Without Trace, Extended Aids and Death Wards, Healing Spirit, Conjure Animals, Goodberry, Water Breathing/Walking, Rope Trick, etc... With Druid mainly and support from Sorcerer and Wizard, party has several tools to engage with an edge.
Second, options coverage: party could access all rituals (or nearly), quickly gets a number of versatile spells (Invisibility, Fly, Enhance Ability, aforementioned spells). As far as skills go, all the main skills checks should be neatly winnable.
Third, balance: while two of them have lesser AC, all of them are reasonably mobile and can fight fairly well against all kind of enemies, thanks to Wizard and Rogue being adaptative.
Fourth, potential synergies: Healing Spirit paired with Warding Bond would make the Rogue an incredible tank, better than Paladin, thanks to Uncanny Dodge. Wizard or Druid could buff Paladin with Haste/Longstrider to ensure he can smite away whatever enemy. Druid/Sorcerer's Enhance Ability paired with Rogue's Expertise will trivialize some encounters. Etc...
Things get "worse", much "worse" with multiclassing and feats: Healing Spirit becomes outrageously good. Inspiring Leader can buff everyone further, including conjurations (if no more THP from cast). All character's small flaws like lesser defense/mobility or lesser options are quickly covered, so you could end with a very deadly party.

Reasons of not picking other classes?
Barbarian is great but too melee-focused to my taste, and usually a bit limited in options.
Ranger would usually be one of first picks, but considering I put so many casters + fact Ranger list is mostly a subset of Druid's, and the lack of Bard to cover expertise, I prefered Rogue. If there had been a Bard, there would probably have been a Ranger.
Monks are very nice to play and end as extremely powerful, but they start slow and require great tactical finesse, and I wanted to suggest a "newcomer friendly" party.
Warlocks follow the same logic although for different reason, this one because of the short-rest reliance. Plus I wanted to try and pick one class per stat, and Divine Soul Sorcerer was there already. ^^
Same for Cleric: there was a Druid for WIS coverage already, and Divine Soul can cover the most important Cleric spells like Revivify and Raise Dead.
Fighters would also have been great, and I honestly hesitated strongly between an Eldricht Knight and a Paladin. Paladin won because of my self-made "no feat" / no multiclass requirement and Auras. If everything was allowed, you could build a meanie Fighter-based tank.

Hence my opening thought: there are many ways to make "best" parties. XD (saying that before even taking multiclass/feats into account: this one is a Pandora's box. And don't even think about non-official content Xd).

Biggstick
2018-11-24, 12:57 PM
-snip-

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but OP asked to build a party using PHB only. 3/5 of the archetypes you chose were from different books (SCAG and Xanathar's).

It seems quite taxing on the Sorcerer's spell list to be required to pick up important Cleric spells, but otherwise this looks like a fun party!

Citan
2018-11-24, 01:06 PM
I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but OP asked to build a party using PHB only. 3/5 of the archetypes you chose were from different books (SCAG and Xanathar's).

It seems quite taxing on the Sorcerer's spell list to be required to pick up important Cleric spells, but otherwise this looks like a fun party!
My...
How could I miss that??? :/

Well, thanks for pointing it out. I'll edit my post. :)
Or actually, would be quite a pain to edit all while keeping the "valid" parts.

I'll just put here (in more summarized obviously) a valid one.

1. Druid: switch Shepherd for Moon. Means you go from backcaster to "middle" caster. Strengthens your potential role as scout instead even of Rogue potentially (meaning Observant and Prodigy are mandatory ^^). Land could be great too if less casters, but for this party you can do without those extra spells. Unless multiclassing is allowed, in which case you'd really want Trickery Cleric to pair with.

2. Sorcerer. This one is the hardest. PHB has only Draconic which is nice but a bit bland to my taste (at least in first levels) and Wild Magic which is very powerful but also very frightening to party. XD
Also, when you don't build him as a pure support, he falls back as a tricky character to build and play, which is kinda against my self-appointed requirements.
Well, replace with either...
- Lore Bard if you want to keep a "true" caster: meaning also that this one WILL learn Counterspell as Magic Secrets.
- Tempest Cleric: the most versatile archetype of Clerics (except for skills obviously).
(If multiclassing is allowed, Trickery Cleric makes a very strong case for himself).
I'll vote for Tempest Cleric simply because of potential nova, fact he can make a pretty good frontliner and prepared spells.

3. Rogue. Ok unless you picked Bard, in which case a strong case could be made for any martial (even Barbarian).

4. Ancients Paladin: ok.

5. Wizard: well, with Bladesinger out, it's either Abjurer or Diviner. If you pick Tempest Cleric above, go Abjurer. If you pick Lore Bard instead, go Diviner. Simple as that. :)

This time I didn't consider detail multiclassing because too many choices that would impact other choices if you can see what I mean... ^^

Wrapping up: with Moon Druid, Tempest Cleric, Arcane Trickster Rogue, Ancients Paladin, Abjurer Wizard, this party has a bit more "permanent resilience" but would need significant multiclassing to hope getting to the level of the previous one. At least fluff-wise it all holds out. :)

Lance Tankmen
2018-11-24, 01:09 PM
Using PHB only and stats of 15,14,13,12,10,8 starting at level 1 what would be your ideal 5 person group.

1. Cleric Hill Dwarf Life Domain, W16,C16,S13,CH12,I10,D8 Heavy Armor under Life Cleric, Warhammer shield, far better healing, great AC
2. Fighter(battlemaster) Human V., S16,C16,CH13,W12,I10,D8 Fighting Style GWF Feat GWM. Not as good as Sharpshooter but down the line it will be great. Good AC
3. Paladin(Ancient) 1/2 Elf S16,CH16,C14,W12,I10,D8 Great AC Armor&Shield Eventually Aura of Warding will be SO HUGE
4. Rogue (Thief) Wood Elf D17,W15,C13,CH12,S10,I8 Free Perception, faster movement.
5. Wizard(Divination) Forest Gnome I17,D15,C13,W12,CH10,S8 ADV vs I,W,CH saves Minor Ill. And Divination(portent) can be outright deadly.

Fighter& Paladin are front line, with Cleric taking a flank position to heal front or defend the back. The Rogue range sneak attacks and Wizard cast his/her spells at range

Rogue Perception and Paladin Social.

how did the v human fight get two 16s at level 1?

Biggstick
2018-11-24, 01:13 PM
how did the v human fight get two 16s at level 1?

Good point. That's easy enough to adjust though, in just dropping Intelligence to 8 or the Wisdom to 10.

Whit
2018-11-24, 01:21 PM
Thanks. Correcting

Citan
2018-11-24, 01:28 PM

You're right, and if I had to fully build the party and multiclassing was authorized, I'd definitely get enough WIS to dip into a prepared caster following my self-made suggestions. With at least feats I'd put Ritual Caster as a priority.

Without multiclass nor feats, in my suggestion you are basically building a "focused Metamagic-empowered Cleric". You'd probably have just one or two offensive spells to get by besides cantrips.
I think it's worth it though: Extend buffs, although certainly not usable *always* (faaar from it even XD), do make a big difference whenever you can prepare for the next day.
And if feats are allowed, you really don't need anything else than Eldricht Blast (Spell Sniper/Magic Initiate) and possibly Mage Slayer to be effective during combat at least until enemies start using their brains and playing with vision like you have been doing since level 1. ;)

Also, if multiclass and feats are allowed, I see like a dozen groups that would easily qualify as "best", even with no spell higher than 5th. XD

Stygofthedump
2018-11-24, 02:04 PM
I know you guys are looking ahead but we are lvl 1 here PHB only, probably can’t assume multiclass but I’d guess feats ok.

I’m very close to some of your ideas

Moon Druid (probably dwarf)
Diviner wizard
Ancients paladin (I like half orc)
These 3 are pretty firm. For the other two I’d probably go-

Barbarian (honestly these guys soak the damage and deal it out)
Bard (cover social and rogue skills - half elf of course)

Moon Druid and bard squeeze out rogue. Paladin and Druid squeeze out cleric. Bard and wizard for dice control.
Barbarian can swap for fighter.

Galactkaktus
2018-11-24, 02:13 PM
My ideal group would avoid all the small races since 25 movement makes getting out of sticky situations harder. I would also go with 2 martials that focuses on dpr and the rest casters for versatility.

Whit
2018-11-24, 03:25 PM
True you could go all human V with feat for each one.

In a 5 person team having 2 front liners is pretty important for my version
Paladin race option for me
Dragonborn gets str +2/cha+1 breath weapon and damaged resistance for bw type. Pretty good
Human. An get +1/+1 and 1 skill 1 feat which is also good
1/2 elf brings +2 ch +1 to 2 other stats +2 skill sleep charm resistance/advantage, DV.
Fighter race option was human for feat , m dwarf +2/+2 st con or half orc. +2/+1 str con
I went with HV for feat to get that extra damage potential with low ac enemies. Although I could see going MD or 1:2 orc
Cleric options WE but went HD to get better ac
Rogue FG would be good fir a trickster rogue
And halflings lack good racial for me and WE gets perception so it opens a up more skill options and a good movement
I went wizard over sorcerer lock because I have a charisma skill paladin and lack intelligence heavy character. The FG gets int dex like a high elf just reversed. The elf does get an extra cantrip sleep charm perception but FG gets advantage saves vrs int wis cha spells. HUGE and an extra cantrip m illu. And talks to small animals. CUTE.

Vorpalchicken
2018-11-24, 05:45 PM
5 orc bards/band
This is the correct answer.

Sigreid
2018-11-24, 05:57 PM
Half elf ancients paladin for the defensive abilities.
Wood elf life cleric for.
Thief Rogue: any race
High Elf wizard: Evoker to consistently clear the floor of weaker mobs as the party levels up.
Half elf lore bard set up as a buffer and controller and after second level to have at least passable ability in any skill or tool checks that show up.

CTurbo
2018-11-24, 09:17 PM
Stout Halfling Zealot Barbarian
Lightfoot Halfling Conquest Paladin
Lightfoot Halfling Valor Bard
Ghostwise Halfling Light Cleric
Ghostwise Halfling Moon Druid

Trustypeaches
2018-11-24, 09:33 PM
Five halflings in a trenchcoat trying to pass off as a Goliath.

CTurbo
2018-11-24, 10:06 PM

All 5 of them with Lucky and Mobile of course lol

Mr.Spastic
2018-11-24, 10:18 PM
1. Human Fighter with Crossbow expert and archery fighting style. str 14, dex 16, con 14, int 10, wis 12, cha 8, eventually go battlemaster.

2. Half Elf Rogue str 8, dex 16, con 14, int 10, wis 12, cha 16, eventually go swashbuckler expertise in some of the cha skills

3. Human Light Cleric with the healer feat. str 8, dex 14, con 14, int 10, wis 16, cha 12, use spells for blasting and mainly heals with the feat

4. Tiefling(winged variant if allowed) Wizard str 8, dex 12, con 13, int 16, wis 10, cha 16, eventually go for school of enchantment

5. Human Barbarian with the tough feat. str 16, dex 14, con 14, int 8, wis, 12, cha 10, eventually go for bear totem

The main thing with this scenario is that the pre built stats in the book heavily favor variant humans. I could make some of the above characters with other races but the humans just make them more powerful. The fighter being the big one. A paladin would also be good in place of the barbarian.

Biggstick
2018-11-25, 01:01 AM

Ghostwise Halflings are SCAG.
Zealot Barbarians and Conquest Paladins are Xanathar's.

I love the full Halfling party though!

2. Half Elf Rogue str 8, dex 16, con 14, int 10, wis 12, cha 16, eventually go swashbuckler expertise in some of the charisma skills.

4. Tiefling(winged variant if allowed) Wizard str 8, dex 12, con 13, int 16, wis 10, cha 16, eventually go for school of Enchantment.

Swashbuckler is SCAG and Xanathar's.

Winged Tiefling is SCAG.

Definitely an interesting party though!

Biggstick
2018-11-25, 01:20 AM
Ancients Paladin
Tempest Cleric
Lore Bard
Wolf Barb
Scout Rogue

Scout Rogue is Xanathar's.

Any other Rogue and it should be good though. I'd feel like ranged damage output here is dependent on the Tempest Cleric and Rogue though.

Ogre Mage
2018-12-11, 03:38 AM
Ancients Paladin
Moon Druid
Light Domain Cleric
Lore Bard (proficient with thieves tools)
Diviner Wizard

I believe this would be a strong party at all three pillars of adventure: combat, social interaction and exploration. In general the ancients paladin and moon druid will be on the front lines tanking, the lore bard provides support while the cleric and wizard bring ranged firepower. I would expect the light domain cleric to cast bless on the paladin, druid and the cleric him/herself a great deal. In social interaction, the lore bard takes the lead although the paladin can probably do okay here as well. I could see all five PCs contributing strongly to the exploration pillar. Also, everyone except the wizard can potentially heal wounds.

SleepIncarnate
2018-12-11, 04:21 AM
5 orc bards/band

This. One from each college. You have the tank (swords), DPR (whispers and valor), control caster (glamour), and healer/support caster (lore). Perfect party. Covers all the bases.

Skylivedk
2018-12-11, 07:19 AM
Wolf barb (1/2 orc or vHuman)

Ancient Paladin (but all of them can work). Half elf or vHuman

Moon druid (wild elf)

Arcane trickster (forest gnome or Lightfoot halfling) OR lore bard half elf

Diviner/abjurer. Gnome or dwarf for armour

Marywn
2018-12-11, 08:32 AM
Just a bunch of rogues. They all have to be halflings, or I'm not in.

MThurston
2018-12-11, 08:43 AM
Fighter
Cleric
Ranger
Rogue
Wizard

4 fighter and 3 spell casters. Yes I know there are only 5 in the group.

KorvinStarmast
2018-12-11, 08:51 AM
Five halflings in a trenchcoat trying to pass off as a Goliath.
And they are:
A Shadow Monk
A Dragon sorcerer
An Ancients Paladin (dex)
A Moon Druid
A Rogue (Thief or Assassin)

Vexacia
2018-12-11, 08:55 AM
5x Archfey Warlocks. the only spell they will all cast with their single spell slot is Sleep. short rest between encounters.

if short rest spam isn't allowed, then 5x any class that can cast Sleep.

if Sleep cheese isn't an option, then 5x Vuman PAM Barbarians with Halberds/Glaives.

if Variant Human isn't an option, then 5x Wood Elf Quarterstaff Monks.

pretty strongly believe balanced parties are bad at level 1 when compared to cheese stacking. balanced parties are for higher levels when synergistic class features actually come into play and spellcasters stop sucking (level 3+).

Wildarm
2018-12-11, 09:13 AM
Team Metal - 5 Warforged Envoys

1 Rogue - Arcane Trickster - Expertise in Stealth + Arcana - Pick Familiar with high perception
1 Monk - Probably shadow monk to help with scouting
1 Fighter - Battlemaster - GWM/Polearm/Sentinel Build
1 Warlock - Tomelock - Pick up inspiring leader feat and as many rituals as you can find - Pick Familiar with high perception
1 Bard - Lore Bard - Party Face - Expertise in Persuasion and Deception - Poach Healing Spirit and Revivify at 6th level to act as full healer

Tool Specialties:

- Poison Kit
- Alchemist Kit
- Herbalism Kit
- Thief Tools
- Instrument

Covers front line, scouts, DPS, ranged, rituals, magic and healing plus everyone in the group is pretty effective with only short rests. Just push push push

Vexacia
2018-12-11, 09:21 AM
Team Metal - 5 Warforged Envoys

OP said PHB only.

Wildarm
2018-12-11, 10:47 AM
OP said PHB only.

Oh Booo. Make them all V-Humans then and be forced to suffer the need of sleep. :P

They'll still do well taking short rests pretty often. Maybe you can convince the DM you're working on a Davinci Sleep schedule. 6 short rests per day(where you actually sleep for 20 minutes) instead of 2 short + 1 Long.

KorvinStarmast
2018-12-11, 11:10 AM
Using Standard Array ... 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8
The five Dwarves: 3 Mountain, 2 Hill.

Doc: Hill, Life Cleric; S 14 D 10 C 12 (14) I 13 W 15(16) Ch 8
Proficiencies; Medicine, History. Acolyte: Insight, Religion; Mason's Tools.

Dopey; Mountain, Barbarian,S 15 D 14 C 13(15) I 8 W 12 Ch 10
Proficiencies; Perception, Intimidation; Outlander: Athletics, Survival, Smith's Tools

Grumpy; Mountain, Fighter: S 15(17) D 14 C 12(14) I 8 W 13 Ch 10
Proficiencies: Animal Handling, Perception Soldier: Athletics, Intimidation ; Smith's Tools

Happy; Mountain, Rogue S 14(16) D 15 C 12(14) I 8 W 10 Ch 13
Proficiencies: Thieve's Tools, Persuasion, Deception, Sleight of Hand; Pirate; Athletics, Perception. (Expertise Athletics and Stealth); Brewer's Tools
(Use Short Sword and dagger)

Bashful; Hill, Druid, S 8 D 14 C 13(15) I 12 W 15(16) Ch 10.
Proficiencies: Perception, Nature; Folk Hero: Animal Handling, Survival, Brewer's Tools
Use club

-------------------

All Have; Poison resistance to poison damage, adv on poison saving throws; Stone Cunning
All have darkvision
All have stone cunning
Whenever you make an Intelligence (History) check related to the origin⁠ of stonework, you are considered proficient in the History skill and add double your proficiency bonus to the check, instead of your normal proficiency bonus.
All mountain dwarves have proficiency with medium armor,
All dwarves have proficiency with battle axes, hand axes, light hammer, warhammer.
With a little cleverness and some of the Druid's gold, we can put a chain shirt on the rogue. :)

BobZan
2018-12-11, 11:34 AM
Valor Bard
Lore Bard
Whispers Bard
Swords Bard
Glamour Bard