PDA

View Full Version : One handed weapon + throwing question

Mordaem
2018-11-24, 01:17 PM
Just a quick question. If I'm wielding a single one handed weapon that is not light (such as a rapier) and an enemy is say 15ft away, can I use my free item interaction to draw a dagger and then throw it at the enemy with my attack action or would I need to have the Duel Wielding feat since the other weapon is not light?

Ganymede
2018-11-24, 01:24 PM
Just a quick question. If I'm wielding a single one handed weapon that is not light (such as a rapier) and an enemy is say 15ft away, can I use my free item interaction to draw a dagger and then throw it at the enemy with my attack action or would I need to have the Duel Wielding feat since the other weapon is not light?

The only thing you need the Dual Wielding feat for is if you want make a bonus action attack when you're wielding one or more non-light weapons (or if you want to draw two weapons with the same object interaction).

Otherwise, there are no limits in how you use hands to attack. For instance, if you were armed with a longsword in one hand and a battle axe in the other, you could make an attack with either weapon. If you had a class feature that let you attack twice, you could attack once with each weapon.