PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Warforged Titan Help

Voltage89
2018-11-24, 09:16 PM
Hey everyone. In my campaign, an evil king has gone mad and has built robots which are his army. The final boss will be him inside a giant robot, for which I will be using a Warforged Titan. I found a homebrew Warforged Titan on d&d beyond, and I really like everything about it. However, I really think it would be cool for him to have something like the Beholder Eye Rays which would shoot out of his eyes. I want to somehow integrate this into his design, but I don't want it to cause his CR to go up like crazy. I was thinking that I could have him shoot one ray randomly at initiate count 20. The DC's for the saves would most likely be 14 or 15.

Here is the d&d beyond link I was going to be using and changing up. Thanks for any help you can provide!

https://www.dndbeyond.com/monsters/85044-warforged-titan

Tvtyrant
2018-11-25, 07:54 PM
I'm reasonably certain that is not a CR9 monster to begin with. Compare to a cloud giant which is slightly more accurate, deals similar damage, same health and gives up 6 points of AC and a laundry list of immunities.

Being immune to everything but adamant and acid plus an AC appropriate for the end game stuck on a cloud giant chasis, it is closer to CR 14 IMO. Boost CR up appropriately and add some eye rays.

Voltage89
2018-11-25, 10:05 PM
I'm reasonably certain that is not a CR9 monster to begin with. Compare to a cloud giant which is slightly more accurate, deals similar damage, same health and gives up 6 points of AC and a laundry list of immunities.

Being immune to everything but adamant and acid plus an AC appropriate for the end game stuck on a cloud giant chasis, it is closer to CR 14 IMO. Boost CR up appropriately and add some eye rays.
Yeah, I do kinda see that. I was going more off of the monster creation in the DMG. Also, the immunities dont do much as everyone will have magic items at this point. Thanks though! Might reduce the AC.