PDA

View Full Version : Optimization best Tomb of Annihilation character

elfinboy
2018-11-25, 12:09 AM
I'm trying to figure out what character to make in a new TOA campaign. I'm aiming for a character that is good at dealing with traps and puzzles but can also do a good amount of damage while doing so.

I am going to be a human(probably variant so i can do the yuan-ti ritual later in the campaign.

Looking for character builds for this however i am playing adventures league so i cant use unearthed arcana ;)

Stygofthedump
2018-11-25, 12:31 AM
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YMMPp4eHxcA7YXeO8O3BOhsnSZ4iVSMRapjk8aucoSo/edit

Go to character building and choose cleric

Dalebert
2018-11-25, 01:08 AM
Cleric or druid isn't a bad idea. Having Purify Food & Water as a ritual is great or being able to create water and food (goodberries).

Consider taking the Alert feat as your human freeby. You can change it later. Times we nearly died were from getting surprised.

Stygofthedump
2018-11-25, 01:16 AM
Of course rule of fun applies. We have con man bard and clean freak noble sorcerer who are completely out of their element and that’s also fun.

Corran
2018-11-25, 01:27 AM
Cleric or druid isn't a bad idea. Having Purify Food & Water as a ritual is great or being able to create water and food (goodberries).

Consider taking the Alert feat as your human freeby. You can change it later. Times we nearly died were from getting surprised.
+1
The versatility allowed by a fullcaster that prepares spells from a big list can also be incredibly useful. Same with ritual casting (most notable example that of detect magic).

But a rogue fits very nicely to what the op describes in their post, and good scores in your perception, investigation, etc will help along the way.