PDA

View Full Version : Save my Stats!

Yogibear41
2018-11-25, 12:30 AM
Trying to compile a list of things that heal and/or prevent ability damage/drain from happening. So far I have come up with this:

Spells:
Lesser Restoration
Restoration/Mass Restoration
Greater Restoration
Heal/Mass Heal
Miracle
Wish
Touch of Restoration
Ray of Resurgence (Strength only)

Items:
Orb of Mental Renewal (mental stats)
Rod of Bodily Restoration (physical stats)

Other:
Naberius Bind
Unveil - Mystery
Breath of Recovery - Utterance
Word of Bolstering - Utterance

Spells:
Body Ward (prevent physical)
Soul Ward (Prevent mental
Deathward effects (negative energy based only)
Sheltered Vitality

Other:
Strongheart Vest
CE Soulborn (Strength only)
Vitality Belt: Chakra Bind (Constitution only)

flappeercraft
2018-11-25, 12:33 AM
Heal cures all ability damage. You missed Greater Restoration from the Restoration line. Wish can do it too. Miracle should also be able to do it.

Maat Mons
2018-11-25, 01:17 AM
Mass heal, mass restoration, and sheltered vitality.

AMFV
2018-11-25, 01:29 AM
It's also important to remember that things like Mirror Image and Displacement can prevent a lot of that sort of damage from happening. As well as being a Dwarf. In most cases the best way to avoid those things from happening is to stop the spell from being cast or landing, if you're depending on a contingency then you're already not in the best position.

Torpin
2018-11-25, 01:49 AM
limited wish, delay poison, neutralize poison, remove disease, remove curse, heros feast, temporal regression , necklace of adaption, ring of regeneration

Torpin
2018-11-25, 01:52 AM
periphat of health, periphat of proof against posion, Restorative Ointment, scarab of protection

Zaq
2018-11-25, 02:08 AM
Does being/becoming undead help?

Thurbane
2018-11-25, 04:46 PM
Body of War: immunity to aiblity drain
Healthful Rest: doubles natural healing rate of ability damage
Life's Grace: similar to Death Ward
Undeath's Eternal Foe: also similar to Death Ward
Veil of Undeath: immunity to ability drain and damage to physical ability scores

Troacctid
2018-11-25, 06:31 PM
Planar Touchstone (Peaks of Continuation) base ability: whenever you take any type of damage (including ability damage), it is reduced by 1.

tiercel
2018-11-25, 07:02 PM
Planar Touchstone (Peaks of Continuation) base ability: whenever you take any type of damage (including ability damage), it is reduced by 1.

I find it annoying when books use “damage” without saying “hit point damage” or “ability damage” — given that the Touchstone entry essentially says that the base ability is a form of “damage reduction,” does that mean DR generally reduces ability damage (or at least if delivered by a weapon or natural attack)?

That would make any form of DR a lot stronger than I’d thought!

(On a side note, contingent resurrection isn’t a shabby higher-order ability for Peaks of Continuation.)