PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Attack from a spell?

Hyfigh
2007-09-20, 04:38 PM
Isn't there a spell that grants the target sneak attack damage? I could have sworn there was a 1/3 progression spell from something like the Rangers list. I could have sworn it was Hunters Mercy, but that makes the next ranged attack auto crit. Am I crazy, or does this spell exist?

Fax Celestis
2007-09-20, 04:39 PM
Hunter's Eye, I think. Critical Strike also, maybe.

Deth Muncher
2007-09-20, 04:41 PM
That would be so sweet! Sneak Attack Fireball!!!!

Or, if you prefer, Sneak Attack ballista...

Rachel Lorelei
2007-09-20, 04:48 PM
Isn't there a spell that grants the target sneak attack damage? I could have sworn there was a 1/3 progression spell from something like the Rangers list. I could have sworn it was Hunters Mercy, but that makes the next ranged attack auto crit. Am I crazy, or does this spell exist?

Hunter's Eye, a level 2 Ranger spell in the PHB II. Best used by Unseen Seers who pick it up with Adaptive Learning, actually.

Have fun!

Hyfigh
2007-09-20, 05:04 PM
Oh thank you so much! I thought I was going crazy and just dreaming up random nifty spells!

Edit: Unseen seer combo for the spell is pretty wicked alone. I was actually planning on using it in a Chameleon build for this particular purpose, but I couldn't remember what the dang thing was called :P

Kaelik
2007-09-20, 05:19 PM
That would be so sweet! Sneak Attack Fireball!!!!

Or, if you prefer, Sneak Attack ballista...

Sneak Attack requires an Attack. So No Fireball unless you are spellwarping.

Deth Muncher
2007-09-20, 05:23 PM
Sneak Attack requires an Attack. So No Fireball unless you are spellwarping.

Gah, phooey.

tannish2
2007-09-21, 04:30 PM
theres also nightstalkers transformation *cough*suck*cough*

Hyfigh
2007-09-21, 04:46 PM
Bah, yuck.

If I wanted a polymorph style sneak attack I'd go with Otherwordly for outsider type and polymorph into a Kelvezu. +8d6 sneak attack and a decent DC poison FTW.

Renegade Paladin
2007-09-21, 04:48 PM
theres also nightstalkers transformation *cough*suck*cough*
Depends on what you're using it for. The spell is a UMD rogue's best friend. :smalltongue:

Fax Celestis
2007-09-21, 04:57 PM
Depends on what you're using it for. The spell is a UMD rogue's best friend. :smalltongue:

...or Cha-Centric UMD Paladin. :smallbiggrin:

Renegade Paladin
2007-09-21, 05:24 PM
...or Cha-Centric UMD Paladin. :smallbiggrin:
Oh believe you me, I know that well. :smallamused: I just didn't want to risk derailing the thread with the usual paladin/rogue multiclass debate about sneak attack and falling.