PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Realms Villian Help - Sarrukh

kalos72
2018-11-25, 07:36 PM
So my team has run into a story hook that I want to bring into conflict with a settlement lead by a Sarrukh.

Other then one or two examples of specific NPCs, there isn't much I can find about what class/prc they lean too or other details.

Suggestions beyond a simple wizard?

Any book/line is welcome...

Saintheart
2018-11-25, 07:59 PM
Have you tried Serpent Kingdoms? Page 54 onward.

Interestingly, per RAW, all Sarrukh with class levels are automatically epic-level characters. The NPC there is a cleric of Set.

kalos72
2018-11-25, 08:39 PM
Yeah, thats what started me down this silly path. :)

I know it notes that they helped start the Nether Scrolls, so wizard seems obvious. Cleric to Set or Sseth too...

Was hoping for some more "bling" there...seems stale for an epic NPC from the get go.

Saintheart
2018-11-25, 09:30 PM
Well, doing some quick reading it looks like most if not all martial characters are out, because the sarrukh that remain are hell-bent on preserving their species and therefore avoid combat as far as possible. There might be some fun that can be had with the Manipulate Form (Su) ability since it's the traditional path to Pun-Pun, though you could use it to make changes to yourself that render it more interesting.

It's probably easier to start from the idea: what do you have in mind for this guy? What's his motivation for leading a settlement, or even being out in the open where he might get himself killed?

kalos72
2018-11-26, 08:13 AM
The idea here is this girl is sort of an outcast, doesnt follow Set/Sseth too closely, only enough to keep the masses from turning on her.

I agree, melee out, what about Psionic? Maybe thats why she feels like an outcast? My campaign is psionic heavy...

STP Erudite might work...tying back to magic for her heritage.

Max Caysey
2018-11-26, 01:16 PM
So my team has run into a story hook that I want to bring into conflict with a settlement lead by a Sarrukh.

Other then one or two examples of specific NPCs, there isn't much I can find about what class/prc they lean too or other details.

You got to look up the "Terraseer" and "Orome" - the Sarrukh kingdom! Read some of the stuff they did, and maybe get some ideas... But I agree to finding out for yourself, what the character is about. But yes... Wizard and arch mage are obvious choices for them...

Melcar
2018-11-28, 12:33 PM

Well... Since they were creators of maybe the most powerful artifacts in Torillian history - besides The Grandstaff, The Ring of Winter and the Highfire Crown - one could maybe take a look at artificer???