PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Best sorcadin build

dnd2016
2018-11-25, 07:59 PM
I've seen some old forums on sorcadin builds but was wondering if there are any updated builds. I like polearm master with booming blade, possibly sentinel next, unless warcaster in mandatory. Looking to hear some ideas on race, both class paths, weapon choice, etc. We might be doing CoS

ATHATH
2018-11-25, 08:11 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?502673-Unlimited-Blade-Works-The-Guide-to-the-Ultimate-Paladin-Sorcerer-Multiclass

By the way, some crazy guy with poor grammar and images of half-naked men might drop by this thread and try to convince you that his Divine Soul Sorcerer X/Something Else Y build is unbeatable, eats Wizards for breakfast, will make your DM cry, and is the best thing in the game. Don't listen to him; he's been banned many, many times (by "many, many times", I mean "definitely over 20 times by now, likely more"), is a known spammer, uses flawed "tricks" that don't actually work the way he thinks they work, and (only slight hyperbole, but we've tried to talk him down many times to no avail) refuses to see reason in any way, shape, or form (the "'No' means 'yes'." quote in my signature comes from one of his many, many alts).

Moze
2018-11-25, 08:19 PM
By the way, some crazy guy with poor grammar and images of half-naked men might drop by this thread and try to convince you that his Divine Soul Sorcerer X/Something Else Y build is unbeatable, eats Wizards for breakfast, will make your DM cry, and is the best thing in the game. Don't listen to him; he's been banned many, many times (by "many, many times", I mean "definitely over 20 times by now, likely more"), is a known spammer, uses flawed "tricks" that don't actually work the way he thinks they work, and (only slight hyperbole, but we've tried to talk him down many times to no avail) refuses to see reason in any way, shape, or form (the "'No' means 'yes'." quote in my signature comes from one of his many, many alts).

Nothing more than mimimi. However, I create the strongest sorcadin build. Anyway.

Gastronomie
2018-11-25, 11:11 PM
ohai there.
I've seen some old forums on sorcadin builds but was wondering if there are any updated builds. I like polearm master with booming blade, possibly sentinel next, unless warcaster in mandatory. Looking to hear some ideas on race, both class paths, weapon choice, etc. We might be doing CoSYou do realize that BB and a glaive (or halberd, or whatever) do not work together on enemies 10 feet away, right? The range of BB is only 5 feet. This means you need the Spell Sniper feat for this combination to work.

War Caster is not mandatory for someone holding a two-handed weapon, but it is mandatory to have either that or proficiency in CON saves. The latter can be achieved through starting Sorcerer - however, unless you're stat-rolling, glaive builds will have bad DEX, meaning you will, in that way, suffer from low AC (medium or light armor only). If it's point-buy, start Paladin and get either Resilient or War Caster.

Now, PAM is good, but sadly it's not for you. This is because BB is a "cast a spell" action, and not the "attack" action that allows a PAM build to make a bonus attack, meaning that these do not work together. Thus, you will be a Glaive-wielder (or a Halberd or whatever), but not use PAM.

BB + glaive is a great combo, but it's got a heavy Feat Tax, so do keep that in mind. If it's point-buy and not a very high level, consider Variant Human mandatory. Aside from that, my personal opinion is that if you're creating such a build you should focus your strategies on Twinning Booming Blade (which costs only 1 Sorcerer Point!), possibly converting a lot of spell slots into Sorcery Points for that purpose to use it almost every turn.

dnd2016
2018-11-26, 03:31 PM
ohai there.You do realize that BB and a glaive (or halberd, or whatever) do not work together on enemies 10 feet away, right? The range of BB is only 5 feet. This means you need the Spell Sniper feat for this combination to work.

War Caster is not mandatory for someone holding a two-handed weapon, but it is mandatory to have either that or proficiency in CON saves. The latter can be achieved through starting Sorcerer - however, unless you're stat-rolling, glaive builds will have bad DEX, meaning you will, in that way, suffer from low AC (medium or light armor only). If it's point-buy, start Paladin and get either Resilient or War Caster.

Now, PAM is good, but sadly it's not for you. This is because BB is a "cast a spell" action, and not the "attack" action that allows a PAM build to make a bonus attack, meaning that these do not work together. Thus, you will be a Glaive-wielder (or a Halberd or whatever), but not use PAM.

BB + glaive is a great combo, but it's got a heavy Feat Tax, so do keep that in mind. If it's point-buy and not a very high level, consider Variant Human mandatory. Aside from that, my personal opinion is that if you're creating such a build you should focus your strategies on Twinning Booming Blade (which costs only 1 Sorcerer Point!), possibly converting a lot of spell slots into Sorcery Points for that purpose to use it almost every turn.
But i can take the attack action, then quicken bb for a 3rd attack with bb right?

AvvyR
2018-11-26, 07:10 PM
But i can take the attack action, then quicken bb for a 3rd attack with bb right?

If you have extra attack from Paladin, yes. You can make two regular attacks, then quicken a BB with your bonus action.

You could also quicken to use BB twice, or BB and GFB, which is often more powerful than your two basic attacks.