PDA

View Full Version : Revised Beast Master for CoS

Grear Bylls
2018-11-26, 02:25 PM
Hey all!

So one of my DMs from my AL games is going to start Curse of Strahd as a homebrew game. It値l be an open table, so the party will probably change as few times. For my build, I知 planning on playing a veteran master falconer, who was the captain of a kind of commando militia in the wilderness, defending civilization. However, in one of his guerilla strikes at a powerful necromancer, he was captured, being tortured and having his eyes torn out. He was then left for dead in the wilderness, as the necromancer wanted him to suffer. He eventually made it back to town with his hawk guiding his way.

NOTE: The DM is totally ok with this idea as a), ill have a familiar for regular sight, which the DM is ok extending past its normal one turn limit, and b) I知 going to invest heavily in getting my PP to a really high number, with expertise and observant.

Variant Human 1, Rogue.
Magic Initiate Wizard: Presto, Message, Find Famliar
Outlander background, Heart of Darkness feature.
Proficient in Animal Handling, Athletics, Insight, Investigation, Survival. Expert in Perception and Stealth.
10 Str, 16 Dex, 14 Con, 10 Int, 15 Wis, 8 Cha.
Levels 2-4 will be taken in Revised Spelless Ranger for Medicine proficiency, Heavy Crossbow, Undead favored enemy, Archery fighting style, Precision Attack, Disarming attack, and Blood Hawk companion.
Then ill either go back to rogue for two levels in scout or keep going in ranger for one more level. After that, ill finish up in ranger.

How does this build look from theming and mechanics wise?

stoutstien
2018-11-26, 02:36 PM
AL us so hard to judge due to the dramatic swing in player styles and goals. Your PC looks fine and can more than hold its own