PDA

View Full Version : PhantomFox's First Let's Play - Super Mario RPG

PhantomFox
2018-11-26, 07:05 PM
For a long time I've been enjoying Let's Plays, but the thought of doing one myself has always been a daunting task. There's so much to do, so much to learn, and my perfectionist tendancies kept me from even trying for a long while. But no more! I've been doing some recording I've done quite a bit for an old classic favorite of mine. But just throwing it into the void of Youtube won't do me much good unless I give myself a stage to perform upon. And thus we come to this!

PhantomFox's Super Mario RPG (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBTVkGF3maa6Gw6L43_0D7OojsAJXCxmn)

While not my #1 childhood favorite, this is definitely a high contender contender! This is the game that got the ball rolling for what would eventually become the Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario series. This is the game that first really gave character to Bowser and "Princess Toadstool" (She wouldn't be known as Peach until a few months later in SM64). This is the game that trims down the platforming a good amount and replaces it with... really good dialogue and characterization. It innovated the Timed Hits mechanic that would carry over into every Mario RPG afterwards. And most interestingly enough, this was one of the last cooperative works between Nintendo and SquareSoft for a very long while. A historic partnership between two titans of the videogame world at that time. And in fact, Square does have the rights to the new characters such as Geno and Mallow, although many hope that we'll see one or both of them again soon...

But for now, enjoy my rambling through the donut shaped world of Super Mario RPG. And yes, I intend to voiceover the dialogue as best as I can the entire way through. Because that sounds like a lot of fun. And I hope you enjoy too! Feedback is greatly appriciated, and yes, I have a lot to learn on the editing side (as it's nigh nonexistent at the moment), I'm taking some advice to heart from a certain song I enjoy in that I will try even though I can fail.