PDA

View Full Version : DMG Suggested XP

kbob
2018-11-26, 09:06 PM
I can’t seen to locate anymore in the dmg how much xp an average encounter should be. (Example: Level 1 each encounter is about __xp, Level 2 it is __xp, etc.) I’m aware of CR and how it works but I think I remember at some point reading about average encounter xp but can’t find it. Also, I thought I remember it mentioning how many encounters (on average) it should take to level. Does anyone know?

Jack_Simth
2018-11-26, 09:35 PM
Easy Calculator here (http://www.d20srd.org/extras/d20encountercalculator/).

However... it doesn't list things as "average encounter at level X should have Y XP" anywhere. It does say it should take about 13 encounters to level up, though.

Crake
2018-11-26, 09:36 PM
I can’t seen to locate anymore in the dmg how much xp an average encounter should be. (Example: Level 1 each encounter is about __xp, Level 2 it is __xp, etc.) I’m aware of CR and how it works but I think I remember at some point reading about average encounter xp but can’t find it. Also, I thought I remember it mentioning how many encounters (on average) it should take to level. Does anyone know?

The table is on page 38, and the average amount of CR appropriate encounters for a 4 man party is approximately 13-14 between level-ups (this is explained in the behind the curtain box at the bottom of page 41).

kbob
2018-11-26, 09:47 PM
Thank you! That was what I was looking for.