PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Multiple Initiators?

Alistaroc
2018-11-27, 12:06 PM
If I have 1 level in Warder and 1 level in Warlord, how do I initiate?
I understand my IL is 2, but how many maneuvers and stances do I know? How many can I ready?

exelsisxax
2018-11-27, 12:10 PM
I understand my IL is 2, but how many maneuvers and stances do I know? How many can I ready?

This is all wrong. IL is class specific and you calculated it wrong. Initiating is class(or feat) specific and does not interact or combine across progressions(except when a PrC adds to a specific base class). Your initiating capabilities are equal to a level 1 warlord and a level 1 warder.

You should go back and re-read the path of war systems in its entirety, because you are very wrong in your present understanding.

Elricaltovilla
2018-11-27, 12:14 PM

Your IL for each class is separate. Your maneuvers for each class are separate (except that you still cannot ready the same maneuver twice) and are recovered through your class' recovery actions separately.

So you have Warder IL 1.5 and Warlord IL 1.5. You have the maneuvers known, readied and stances of the 1st level Warder plus those of a 1st level Warlord and they are kept entirely separate.

Andreaz
2018-11-27, 12:16 PM
Your maneuvers known and readied, your stances, these things are all exclusive to the classes that grant them.

In this sense, initiators are identical to spellcasters. So a warder1, warlord1 can initiate, ready and recover his warder maneuvers as a warder does, and his warlord maneuvers as a warlord does. Separate tables, separate recoveries, separate everything.

The only sensible difference is Initiator Level. Your initiator level for a given class is your level in that class + half the levels in anything else. If a class says it adds to another's initiator level, then it contributes fully.

So a warder 10 / warlord 10 Can Initiate maneuvers as a warder 15 and as a warlord 15.
A warder 9 / animus adept (off warder) 5 / Warlord 6 can initiate maneuvers as a warder 17 and as a warlord 13.

Alistaroc
2018-11-27, 12:25 PM
:smallsmile:

Okay, thanks for the help, I must have confused the IL bit with old ToB rules I half-remembered haha.

exelsisxax
2018-11-27, 03:20 PM
Okay, thanks for the help, I must have confused the IL bit with old ToB rules I half-remembered haha.

The IL rules are actually exactly the same in both ToB and PoW, so knowing one is either is good enough.

Alistaroc
2018-11-27, 06:05 PM
The IL rules are actually exactly the same in both ToB and PoW, so knowing one is either is good enough.

What am I thinking of then? I seem to recall being able to add 1/2 your levels in non-martial classes to your IL, with IL's counting as full...
This is what I get for losing my 3.5 material.

tyckspoon
2018-11-27, 06:19 PM
What am I thinking of then? I seem to recall being able to add 1/2 your levels in non-martial classes to your IL, with IL's counting as full...
This is what I get for losing my 3.5 material.

That's how Tome of Battle works too; the bit you're mixing up is that you only get full level for that one initiator class. Possibly you're remembering the vagueness about how prestige classes advance IL? IIRC you can do something like Warblade/Swordsage/Insert Prestige Class Here and get a total IL of Warblade+Prestige and Swordsage + Prestige, because the prestige classes do not specify that you have to pick one class for them to advance or be combined with.