PDA

View Full Version : Ordained RKV magic feats + fighter feats help

bean illus
2018-11-28, 01:54 PM
Please excuse my ignorance, and give a quick read through.

Cc4/OCh4/PAp3/SotMI1/Cr1/RKV7

12, 14, 12, - 10, 16, 14
1. CCleric, combat reflexes
Domains- war, good, knowledge
3. CCleric 3, power attack
5. Ordained Champion 1-e5, war domain,
TWF, Oversized TWF (lose good and know powers)
6. O Champion 2, quicken spell
7. Paragnostic Apostle 1,
Undeath domain-XTU1
9. O Champion 4, dmm quicken
10. SotMI 1, travel domain devotion
12. Paragnostic 3, dmm extend,
Planning domain (extend)
13. Crusader 1-8
14. RKV 1,
15. Empower spell
18. XTU2
20. RKV 7

*Advice most desired ..

1. Are these the 'best' order for these levels.
2. What to do with the ordained champion fighter feats.
3. What's the best order for these feats, and
4. in particular, what to do with level 15 and 18 feats (those above are doodles).

5. Maneuvers and stances (of which i know little about).

6. I could see a version without SotMI1 or OCh4, which would get 9ths. But rapid spontaneous casting war domain and travel devotion sound fun at mid levels on this build. How do those two abilities seem during the average combat compared to the 9th level spell access?

DarkSoul
2018-11-28, 02:52 PM
Why take cloistered cleric if you're not taking knowledge devotion? Especially on a melee build. I also feel like you'd get more use out of travel devotion and sacrifice 4 turn attempts for 3 uses a day, rather than going DMM crazy like you are.

Arael666
2018-11-28, 02:56 PM
Why not trade DMM quicken and DMM extend for DMM persist? It's not like it'll be much of a difference and you can free a feat slot

bean illus
2018-11-28, 04:26 PM
Why take cloistered cleric if you're not taking knowledge devotion? Especially on a melee build. I also feel like you'd get more use out of travel devotion and sacrifice 4 turn attempts for 3 uses a day, rather than going DMM crazy like you are.

Well, to use the ordained champs fighter feats, and to speckle some skills to the low/mid level play. It makes qualifying for pprcs simple without sacrificing basic spot check. Idk, ... i certainly do make KD builds, but this one isn't.

The build could be buffed to 20ish TU pretty easy, and adding a turning pool would double it, but not really goin' there.
Extend is cheap. And the build seems flexible, being able to extend, quicken, and travel.

When a 15 CL cast extend ... oh wait, that might be what this build needs ... Practiced Spellcaster...

When a CL 19 caster extends hr/level spells they can overlap the game day, and you can face the bbeg with full buff and xtra TU for quicken (you hope).

Why not trade DMM quicken and DMM extend for DMM persist? It's not like it'll be much of a difference and you can free a feat slot

We don't do persist spell at our tables, and i thought quicken would make spells swift for RKV's 7th level ability.

Oh yeah, i put this together in response to a cleric fighter conversation, but i know high level dnd needs high level spell access. The build is to let the build be martial, but be almost as potent as full casters.