PDA

View Full Version : Tales of the Library : First Tale "Tale of Shovels rocks and ropes"

Pages : [1] 2

Hugh_fromrome
2018-11-28, 05:05 PM
@ Everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvsAZRsEE48&index=1&list=PLXACnRYIX1oq8VtTf-x0iT-bhZUzz15sO

@ Pepper

This morning you wake up well rested, luckily last night was a calm evening all the guests has been distracted by a local performer who comes for a gig, you observed amazed the performance. You are in the kitchen eating some food for starting your training session as always, when Rory, the innkeeper comes towards you.
Rory is a fat bald man, from a first glance you could tell that he is a lumberjack or a butcher but even though he is an oversized man he is kind and humorous, he is friendly maybe too much but he has a mind as sharp as a blade.
“Goodmorning Pepper, did you sleep well ?” he tells you
You nod
“I have a favor to ask, do you remember the eastern guy, Raziel?”
You nod again
“well look like he vanished, and I mean, I am concerned for him I didn’t see him coming back yesterday night, I’ve waited for him until I got too tired. I’ve asked the guards this morning, they told me he left. Luckily I know his daily routine. He goes first to the marketplace, then to the temple in the southern part of the city, after that usually he takes a stroll outside the city. Would you mind to track him down for me? I also remember yesterday he was sitting at the counter with I think one of his friends, I also think the guy works at the marketplace”
He describes you a man with grey eyes and dark brown hair “they had a meal together and they drank until they were both drunk, at one point Raziel left and his friend stayed and then he left too”

@Gunnar

You wake up, last night with your eastern friend Raziel, you drunk a lot, also in the tavern there was an amazing flute player, he told the crowds his name, but you forgot. Your head is heavy but anyway today is another working day and you are ready to run the marketplace, and also as everyday Raziel will come and you will have a chat as usual. You start to think about last night with Raziel, both of you were at the counter eating roasted quail with steamed cabbages, not a fancy dinner, but it was good. Pint after pint both of you drank half of a beer keg, the innkeeper served you mug after mug, and the conversation went from amenities to the serious things, he told something about what he would have done that night, but you don’t remember. You try to squeeze your memory, but nothing, you have a feeling that you are missing something, something important that he told you...

@ Sarah

“Wake up little flower,” say the shepherd’s wife, the woman is slender and tall, she has a curly blonde hair and her skin is pale, she is very old and wrinkles are everywhere on her face, but still she has a lot of energy,
You roll on the other side of the bed
“do you remember this morning you promised the kids to give them a lesson about the marketplace and the different professions that could be found there”
You wake up to go to the dining room you sit in your place.
On the other side of the table the husband is smoking his pipe, he looks old as his wife his face is consumed by the wind and the hard work, he looks tired , his tooth are blackened by the smoke also a couple of them are missing. The family is humble and kind, they have been gentle with you since the first day you arrive. The children are twins, a boy and a Girl, named Harry and Emily, their face is almost the same, Harry has blue eyes, while Emily has green, but they have the same hair color and skin color.
The three of you, after breakfast head for the marketplace, you start to explain every profession to the twins, both of them are more interested in the exposed stuff on counters rather than to your lesson.
“I’ve studied in magic college for this! Babysitting!” you think “Why nothing interesting ever happen?” you snort. You close your eyes for a while, when you open them the twins are missing “Not that interesting” you snort again, you look for them all around you, after a while, they both come back, Emily is holding something, a big tome covered in hard leather, in the middle of the cover a big red stone no titles on it.
“Please Miss Sarah, would you mind to read a story to us!” Harry asks with big eyes
Emily gives the tome to you

Bartmanhomer
2018-11-29, 09:58 AM
"Fine. Which story do you want to hear?" Sarah was annoyed of the twins bugging her.

Hugh_fromrome
2018-11-29, 10:25 AM
@ Sarah

One from the book, please miss the little boy with his big eyes hand you the tome

add to your inventory old tome

you open the book, inside it a strange language, exotic and mysterious words and letters are in the pages, sometimes signs and drawings of spheres, and strange types of machinery, these devices are such concept that you never seen before. you look at the pages amazed by the content of this book, "what secrets are hidden here", you think. While you look for something to understand, a little folded piece of parchment dropped from the book

Bartmanhomer
2018-11-29, 10:40 AM
Sarah look for a children book.

Hugh_fromrome
2018-11-29, 11:26 AM
@ Sarah

you look around. The Marketplace is a place full of people and goods, you can see the butcher's stand, a leatherworker shop, the cloth merchant counter, the blacksmith emporium, and some farmers stall, there are no children books around you and no book sellers.
while you look a gust of cold wind move the little piece of parchment, who fell from the tome, slightly far from you, also it becomes dirty

Bartmanhomer
2018-11-29, 11:57 AM
"What's this?" Sarah open the piece of parchment and she wiped out the dirt.

Hugh_fromrome
2018-11-29, 01:02 PM
@Sarah

you chase the little piece for a while after you recover it, you open it, at first you cannot read anything because of the dirt, but with a couple of strokes of your hands the words are legible again

Take the path outside the west gate, follow it until dawn, when you reach the heart of the swamp, praise the gods, then jump into the swamp when you hear the frog croaking twice. The long gone treasure will be revealed”

on the other side of the parchment there is an adress of a stall and a Name, some kind of notes, the calligraphy on this one is different
"you owe me a pint! dont forget it"

amanamana
2018-11-29, 01:06 PM
Gunnar opens his eyes facing a wall, apparently still wearing his coat and boots - "Yikes... Was I attacked by a mindflayer or something?" - He rises grumbling, making sure he's home, if you would call that windowless rental room home.

After drinking some water, he finds and eats some dry fruit and nuts that somehow were in his pockets - "What in the Nine Hells happened last night? Is this my coat?" - It was.

Putting himself together, he manages to take some of the cold sweat off with a wet towel, grabs his stuff and goes out to breath some cool air - "There was some celeriac in a window garden somewhere around here... I heard it's good for headaches." - He takes a little detour and, after a short while, is on his way to the market, with some dirt under his nails and a bulbous vegetable in one of his many pockets, while chewing some peppermint.

Hugh_fromrome
2018-11-29, 01:17 PM
@ Gunnar

you take a little corner on your right, on this house is living a farmer family, they have some herbs on their doorstep, and you can recognize on species that could help you reduce your headache. You still think about what Raziel told you, while you are approaching your stall you crossed your path with two twins they are running around carrying a very old tome

I have seen it before... but where

you have a hint that you saw that book, but with your headache, it is impossible to remember where, so you head for your place and start to open it

Bartmanhomer
2018-11-29, 01:39 PM
"I wonder what this direction will leave me to. And what's up with the pint? Sarah was wondering about two things thst comes in mind. :confused:

amanamana
2018-11-30, 08:50 AM
The book thing still in his head, Gunnar starts setting shop, but, as soon as his brain starts clearing out the cobwebs, he mutters to himself - "I'll be damned... It's not like I'll get rich selling trinkets to miners. You only live once! Unless you know a powerful enough cleric... Which I don't." - With as much resolve as he can muster, he puts the "Be back soon" sign on his stall and runs back to the alley where he saw the kids.

"Let's see now... They were around here somewhere..."

Hugh_fromrome
2018-11-30, 09:39 AM
@ Sarah

you look at the address written on the piece of parchment, and ask around, after a while asking around an elder person, owner of a butcher stall, point his index towards a shop, which is now closed, a sign is exposed

"Be Back Soon"

@ Gunnar

you go back to the alley, where you first saw the twins, the alley is very narrow, the street is narrowed by two house which looks very unstable, both of them have some cracks in the walls, all the windows are shut. A beggar is seated not so far from you, he looks very old, tired and he is filthy , maybe he might be a miner long time ago, but right now he is only a wreck of what he used to be. no hint of where the two kids go

spare a copper piece

asks with his trembling voice

samduke
2018-11-30, 10:46 AM
Pepper hearing these words is off to the last known locations for the man with grey eyes and dark brown hair, first the market ask around see if anyone has seen the man with grey eyes and dark brown hair recently, talk to the shopkeepers dropping down a copper piece if needed, asking them I would like to know what you know of a man with grey eyes and dark brown hair who visits the shops you may have overheard him talking with another drinking, may have seen him leave with someone.
(dice roll page)
edit
- replace barkeep for rolls for general people and shopkeeper
Diplomacy (1d20+2)[18]
Gather Information (1d20+2)[18]

Hugh_fromrome
2018-11-30, 04:11 PM
@ Pepper

You ask politely to a worker which is carrying his cart to the market, the worker name is Bernard, inside his cart there are some minerals ready to be sold at the blacksmith, the two of you discuss about the weather and other unimportant things,he understand completely who you look for, so he leads you toward a shop and then he say goodbye to you.

Pickaxe Heaven's

the name sounds dumb, but, the shop is closed a sign is hanging outside the closed curtains

Be back soon

in front of the shop a slender woman with white hair and a green robe, alongside with her two twins with pale skin and blonde hair, of course, she is not the mother but judging from the tome she is carrying she might be their teacher. she seems elvish but there is something strange about her appearance

@ Sarah

while you wait behind you a figure appears, you turn to see who is coming hoping that the shopkeeper is finally here, unfortunately, behind you, a woman taller than you is standing, she is looking to the shop as well. when you turn around her eyes are on you, she is carrying a sword and a shield and she is also wearing an armor

@Sarah and Pepper

you two can interact

@ Thalia

you wake up, the sun is shining in the sky , so you prepare for your morning prayer. Around you the monks are preparing an humble breakfast all of them are working except for their leader Brother Malkay, he looks concerned ,he is mumbling and he is constantly biting his nails. While you are eating bread with cheese and eggs he stood up, he spoke with one of the monks and he rush away. you follow him with your eyes, but he is not of your concerns.

After one hour one of the monks looks for you his voice is trembling

Please brother be kind and bring this to brother Malkay, he has forgot it

he hands you a journal

add to your inventory Malkay's Journal

you take all of your things and leave the place, after some steps you stop and go into an alley, you look around no one is there, so you open the journal, as you suspect the monks have no divine power, but they relay on the people offering to survive and sometimes they even made-up miracles to let people believe them, but what shocks you more are the last lines in the last page

“The Eastern man comes today, asking always the same question. I’ve tried to give him generic answers but it looks like he wants more specific information, anyway, his donations are more than welcome, so I gave him a real place to go, the heart of the marshland, hopefully he will find what he is looking for, otherwise he will come back again, and I will perform another “fortunetelling” session. “

and the very last line

i have made a terrible mistake , I've asked for forgiveness to the gods, I sent a man towards to his death, I will amend to my sins looking for him and saving the man from the perils of the swamp

Bartmanhomer
2018-11-30, 04:25 PM
Sarah notice the female human in her presence.

"Hello?"

samduke
2018-11-30, 09:41 PM
something strange about the slender elven woman's appearance
my. good lady have you seen or do you know anything about a man with grey eyes and dark brown hair that might visit the area regularly.
(dice roller)
Diplomacy (1d20+2)[17]
Gather Information (1d20+2)[22]
Sense Motives (1d20)[3]

Bartmanhomer
2018-11-30, 09:48 PM
my. good lady have you seen or do you know anything about a man with grey eyes and dark brown hair that might visit the area regularly.
(dice roller)
Diplomacy (1d20+2)[17]
Gather Information (1d20+2)[22]
Sense Motives (1d20)[3]

"Does this man have a name? It would be easier if you tell me who this man is so that way if I know the person or not?"

farothel
2018-12-01, 07:14 AM
Thalia was wondering what to do now. Even though the monks didn't have any divine powers, they were still doing some good to the people. And while the made up miracles were not good, it could have been a lot worse. Maybe see with some of the other temples in the city and ask them for guidance. But first she had to find brother Malkay and see what he was up to.

She knew where the marshes were, but they were big enough that she needed someone to help her track him down. She decided to go to one of the temples first to see if they might be able to help her.

samduke
2018-12-01, 07:22 AM
ahh yes the name Raziel I believe, I am looking for him.

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-01, 08:47 AM
@ Thalia

as far as you know there are two major temples in the city, the temple of Gond and the temple of Waukeen, both located in the eastern side of the city, you also heard rumor about a druids tribe loyal to Silvanus, they might be living outside the city walls.

you read again the last few lines, for sure Brother Malkay went after the eastern man, so he is going for the city gate, and then he must have followed the path until the swamp

Bartmanhomer
2018-12-01, 08:54 AM
ahh yes the name Raziel I believe, I am looking for him.

"I don't know by that name. Sorry."

amanamana
2018-12-01, 09:44 AM
Gunnar reaches for a couple cooper coins in his coat's internal pocket and moves them around his fingers - "Well... Can you spare some information? Have you seen two kids about this tall running by with a... ah... object of interest in hand?" - He gestures with his other hand to give an idea of their size.

samduke
2018-12-01, 01:30 PM
continued searching around the market place for anyone matching the description of a man with grey eyes and dark brown hair

gather information [roll0]
diplomacy [roll1]
listen [roll2]
search [roll3]
spot [roll4]

farothel
2018-12-02, 06:03 AM
Thinking about it, Thalia decided to leave the temple for now. Those monks could be dealt with later and neither Gond nor Waukeen were high on her favourite list, although Gond did have things in common with Labelas Enoreth. And she wasn't enough of a tracker to find the clerics and/or druids of Silvanus, although she probably could use them to help track Malkay down.

So after getting some food from the market for this day, as her rations were running low, she started out for the city gate and the swamp beyond, trying to find Malkay or eastern man.

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-02, 05:39 PM
@ Gunnar

The Beggar open wide his eyes, those two copper piece in your hand have won the poor man attention, he takes them right after you handed them to him

Those Two kids, milord, I've seen them, they went that way, I saw there was a woman with them too, slender and tall with a green robe, you can't miss the woman.

you go in the direction that the old man point. you find yourself in the square where your stall is, in front of your stand two women, one with the kids, the one you are looking for, you can see her from the back, she is looking at your stall, while the other woman with a shield, a sword, and an armor. She does not look like a town guard, but rather an adventurer or she might be the bodyguard of the woman with the kids. She looks athletic, average face, green eyes and brunette hair, she is looking at you.

@ Pepper

you look around you and try to ask passer-by about the man, while one of them is answering, you see him going out from a nearby alley, so you thank the passer-by and look at the man.

@ Pepper , Gunnar and Sarah

all of you are looking to each other , so i will leave you time to make introducing you, and share informations

@ Thalia

let me know how much rations you are going to buy

you go to the market to buy foods, the merchant has a ration composed by cured ham, dried vegetable and fruits and some nuts, you accept and buy some, he also point you the direction of the gate.

after 15 minutes you reach the city gate, the big wooden doors are now closed three guards stand near the gate. The guards are wearing a full plate armor, on their backs, a sword and crossbow, all of them have helmets on so you cannot see the faces. when they see you one of them ask you to stop and he comes towards you

Goodmorning Cleric, state your intention, who are you and what are your business outside the citywall

he says these words in a bossy way

Bartmanhomer
2018-12-02, 06:24 PM
"Hello. My name is Sarah Diamond. I know I know. It's a human name."

amanamana
2018-12-02, 08:27 PM
Gunnar approaches the stand by the other side - "Hello, how can I help you?" - His eyes go over them briefly. First the warrior, noting her equipment, next the kids, to make sure they are the same he saw before. He then stops at the drow lady and stares for a couple of seconds.

"Hi... Uh... Are looking for something" - He tries to play it cool, but his curiosity takes over before they can answer anything - "I'm sorry... Are you one of those Dark Elves? I mean... Deep elves? There was another name... Drow, I think?"

Bartmanhomer
2018-12-02, 09:03 PM
Gunnar approaches the stand by the other side - "Hello, how can I help you?" - His eyes go over them briefly. First the warrior, noting her equipment, next the kids, to make sure they are the same he saw before. He then stops at the drow lady and stares for a couple of seconds.

"Hi... Uh... Are looking for something" - He tries to play it cool, but his curiosity takes over before they can answer anything - "I'm sorry... Are you one of those Dark Elves? I mean... Deep elves? There was another name... Drow, I think?"
"Yes I'm a Drow. But I'm a good Drow."

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-03, 01:20 AM
@ Gunnar and Pepper

Yes i am a Drow, but a good Drow

you can feel the air around you chill, you both shiver for a while. Those words sound silly and terrifying,

you can either choose a check, Knowledge Arcana or Monster or Dungeon to know more about Drow, so far you only know that Drow are evil and dangerous creature which lives beneath the surface of the earth

@ Sarah

spot check please

samduke
2018-12-03, 01:29 AM
with some haste, walking fast over to the man. Excuse me but I was sent to find you.
Do you remember an eastern guy, Raziel? It looks like he vanished, So I was told that another didn’t see him coming back yesterday night. and that you were the last seen with him.

amanamana
2018-12-03, 06:37 PM
Gunnar turns to face the warrior - "Raziel... Yeah, I know him. What's it to you?" - He looks suspiciously at her... - "You were sent to find me? Who sent you? Maybe try being polite... What's your name? What do you really want?"

He looks to see if any of the group holds the old tome he saw with the kids before.

Am I able to test all three knowledges? Gunnar has all knowledge skills at +5. If it's only one, you can pick which. If it's 3 rolls, you can make the other 2 for me.

[roll0]

farothel
2018-12-04, 01:39 AM
"I'm looking for brother Malkay," Thalia said to the guard, "I have information that he passed through here. I am Thelia Onnael, cleric of Labelas Enoreth."

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-04, 03:59 AM
@ Gunnar

you try to recall whatever you studied of monsters in order to gain info about Drow, the only information that comes back from your mind is that Drows are evils creature and the only aim for power.

@ Thelia

The guards look you in the eyes through his helmet

We saw brother Malkay early in the morning, passing through these gate, he has not yet returned.

farothel
2018-12-04, 11:09 AM
"Perfect," Thalia said, "at least that part of the information is correct. Can I leave as well?"

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-04, 11:21 AM
@ Thelia

the guard move a step towards you, you can feel his eyes studying you.

by the order of Captain Lukan the gates of the city must stay closed, only caravans, soldiers with a valid permission signed by the captain himself may have granted the passage through this doors.

the guard say these words with a solemn tone

then he open his helmet, you can see the young face of the boy, it is not older than twenty, with a lower voice he says you

there are rumors about vicious beasts and dangerous bandits outside the city walls, the captain give this order for people protection, we have granted passage to few
he is trying to persuade you

farothel
2018-12-04, 12:13 PM
Thelia was a bit in a conundrum. One the one hand she really wasn't equipped to handle bandits and monsters on her own, on the other hand it wouldn't do to leave the man and Malkay on their own.
"So you're saying that you let brother Malkay out this morning even though there are bandits and monsters out there," she said to the young man, "where is your captain?"

She was quite sure that this young man didn't have much in the way of wiggle room on who to let out and he also didn't look like the sharpest pencil in the box.

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-04, 03:44 PM
@ Thelia

Brother Malkay spoke with the captain, and the captain granted him permission to leave the city e stops for a while for thinking. After some moments he continues

Captain will come back in an hour or a couple he is speaking with the new recruits

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-05, 05:22 AM
@ Sarah

you look around yourself and realizes that the phrase I am a Drow, but I am a good Drow it is not going unnoticed, a person which heard this has dropped his groceries and start to run

@Jeremi

What a crazy night yesterday, you managed to put up a great show as you planned. You went to the Tavern owned by Rory, and offer yourself as a musician and actor, for free, your goal was getting information about the treasure, luckily one of the tavern guests, an eastern man called Raziel usually go there with a friend another guy which doesn't fit too much with the people of Fireshear. So After you finished the performance you see your target was leaving the place, so you decided to follow him along the city alleys. after sometimes of stalking and chatting with him you managed to get the information you need, he was so drunk, he barely remembered it, while you were talking with him a beggar asks you for change, you gave him some coins in order to get rid of him.

the treasure is buried in the middle of the swamp, he will leave in the morning so I must be quick, better leave the city now you think

so you went to the city gates which were closed, two guards were patrolling the doors, but with your skills, you managed to let them open the door for you. out into the wild, it was a late night, and you started to feel tired a bit, but anyway you decided to go for it.
you started walking along the path that leads to the swamp, you felt confident about this, you had your shovel and your gear. After three hours of walking you started to felt someone was watching you, you looked around but only trees and the moon were present. all of a sudden something hits you hard behind your back and you fall down, you tried to fight back but a kick was delivered to your stomach and you threw up another man is tightening you with a rope, more punches and kicks was gave to you and you fell unconscious.

it is late in the morning, your head and your body is still hurting,
you find yourself bound to a tree with a rope, besides you another man, you can feel it, but you can't see him, since your eyes are covered, and you can't speak either but you can smell putrid of the swamp.

Rise and Shine! you hear a voice mocking you

farothel
2018-12-05, 05:29 AM
"Brother Malkay might be in danger," Thelia said, "can't you make an exception and let me leave as well?"

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-05, 05:54 AM
@ Thelia

you can feel the guard puzzled about your request, he takes a deep breath and answers to you
Brother Malkay got a permission from the captain, show me your permission and will open these doors. No paper, no passage, that's the rule! no exceptions

farothel
2018-12-05, 07:52 AM
"So your captain is in the barracks, yes," Thelia asked, "then I'll go there and see for a permit."
She moved away from the gates towards the barracks, asking around to make sure she knew where it was.

sandmote
2018-12-05, 12:39 PM
Jeremi stays silent for a while, attempting to make out where he might be. Then he responds. "And who might you be?"

Bartmanhomer
2018-12-05, 01:56 PM
"I'm not surprised. I lose so many people that way." :sigh:

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-05, 04:59 PM
@ Thelia

The young guard offers him to escort you to the barracks, you arrive after a while, the barrack is a two-floor building, built with stones and concrete, no painting and neither any plants is decorating the place, everything is spartan style. he opens the wooden door, inside the main all up on a pulpit an old and fierce man is standing

well well, I am glad to see so many youngsters that want to join the city watch! but I will test you and I will break you in order to build from your parts new individuals, which are fully devoted to the law cause he is continuing his speech

@ Gunnar & Sarah

the young woman looks at you well, I need to explain myself, Raziel is missing I am going to look for him, but I have no clue on where he could be, anyone, of you has any ideas? a trail or a hint?
she looks towards both of you
I have spoken for Pepper

@ Gunnar
you notice that the "good Drow" has the Tome

@ Jeremi
you try to speak but no words come out from your mouth since your lips are bound, only a suffocated mumbles

you either can't see them but you can hear.
hey sunshine you are trying to say something I cannot here you he continues to mock you and laugh at you.
then he says something else, maybe to the other man chained next to you
hey! scum! get up, we didn't beat you up that much, I know you can handle some punches
still no answer

please roll sleight of hands or strength, as you prefer

Bartmanhomer
2018-12-05, 06:56 PM
"There was this woman a few minutes ago who asked me earlier about the whereabouts of Raziel. I told her I don't know the person by that name."

sandmote
2018-12-05, 08:57 PM
Jerami sighs, as best he can, and tries to slither out of his bonds.

farothel
2018-12-06, 03:21 AM
Thelia waited a bit for the captain to finish his speech, but stood so that he could clearly see her. As soon as he was finished, she walked up to him.

"excuse me, sir," she said, "I'm Thelia Onnael, priestess of Labelas Enoreth. The guards at the gate said I needed your permission to get out."

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-06, 06:15 AM
@ Jeremi

you try to get free, but the ropes are very tight, you don't succed

@ Thelia

I don't care who you are, and what title you own! he roars at you

Besides you look too weak to venture outside the city walls, it is my responsibility to keep you citizen safe, in this time of turmoil you should thank me instead of questioning me

he pauses for a while and then he smiles

perhaps you could be useful, some way. I was showing these maggots how to fight, but none of them has got the spine to face me!

he looks towards his recruit with an eye full of shame

do you have the guts to beat my ass off? I have a deal to propose you if you defeat me, then you have my blessing to go wherever you like, if you don't you will stop bugging me. The rules are easy: no magic, no armor, and no weapon, just training weapon made of wood, you can pick whatever you fancy

samduke
2018-12-06, 06:52 AM
Gunnar turns to face the warrior - "Raziel... Yeah, I know him. What's it to you?" - He looks suspiciously at her... - "You were sent to find me? Who sent you? Maybe try being polite... What's your name? What do you really want?"

Polite ! I was not rude !, Listen again !, I said

Raziel, It looks like he vanished, I was told that Rory, the innkeeper did not see him coming back yesterday night. and that you were the last seen with him.

Now if you know anything please do tell.

farothel
2018-12-06, 12:02 PM
"I guess the rules are in your favour," Thelia said, "But I'm willing to give it a go. As to wooden weapons…"

She held up her quarterstaff.
"Mine's already in wood."

sandmote
2018-12-06, 01:47 PM
Still struggling against the ropes, Jeremi waits to see what is going on around him.

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-06, 02:05 PM
@ Thelia

all the crowd is looking at you and mumbling

all right, let's go to the ballroom! and prepare yourself! I am going to introduce you to the ground floor, and you are going to have a close relationship with it! the captain hop off the pulpit, you can see him clearly, it is a very muscular man with long dark hair, it is not young, but neither too old, his eyes are proud and burn like flames, he looks human but he has something orchish in his traits.

he leads you to the sparring place, the pit, this is an arena built inside the barrack's cloister, there is sand on the ground and a wooden fence delimited its perimeter, you took off your armor while he walks towards a rack full of wooden weapon and he chooses two wooden longswords

then he enters the pit, he is wearing a green shirt loose with green pants, if he wasn't that scary he looks like he is wearing pajamas.

You can feel the air getting heavy sand beneath your feet it start to feel coarse, your opponent is watching you he smiles.

Ladies First! he says like he wants to mock you

I hope you are familiar with combat in d&d 3.5 if no, let me know, I will explain.
also, all the damages delivered are nonlethal so when you reach 0 you will collapse

@ Jeremi

the other person next to you try to speak with you, but he is using a language that you didn't know, he then switches to Dwarven Hey are you alright, I know how to get away from this situation, just stay calm and follow my lead, now nod while I speak to you, they might think that we are exchanging secrets, and we might get a chance or get beaten up again!

He continues to speak making a list of vegetables and you nod as he has told you to do.

You can hear footsteps next to him

Hey! stop mumbling! Do you want another round?

another voice

Stop Clyde don't beat him up again, we might kill him, maybe he told his friend where the treasure is, or maybe other secrets, free the other mouth we can work this out

he free your mouth and your eyes, you can see these thugs, there are 3 of them, one of them is in front of you, he is muscular while another one he is sitting next to the campfire he looks slender, the last one is hanging from a branch.

Now be a good boy, what did your friend just said?

he tells you in an intimidating voice

the other prisoner, he looks pretty bad, his whole face is livid, his lips are broken and both eyes are black, but he looks at you and keeps smiling

farothel
2018-12-06, 02:34 PM
If that's how he wants it, that's how he will get it, Thelia thought as she seized him up. She was probably going to loose this as she wasn't the best fighter, but she had to try. She took her quarterstaff in both hands and delivered two quick blows as she had been taught.

No worries, I've been doing D&D 3.x since it came out all these years ago.
I have 2 attacks at both -2 as I have two-weapon fighting and a quarterstaff is double weapon

first attack: [roll0]
second attack: [roll1]

As I don't know the Guy's AC, I'll just roll damage for both.
first attack: [roll2]
second attack: [roll3]

for the hit(s) back, I have AC12 without armour.

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-06, 04:14 PM
@ Thelia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLDvRcUht7I

you go towards him and with a couple of blow you try to hit him, but even though he is a big man he is fast enough to duck the first blow and then with a little step moves right behind you, you are impressed with his speed, than something hit your spine, a precise and strong blow hits you, you fall down and you black out.

After a while you regain your senses, your back still hurt, upon you the Captain, he is helping an acolyte to heal you

Sorry kid I didn't want to hurt you, anyway this is my point, outside might be beast or dangerous people, today I gave you a lesson, the world outside is rough and you must be more tough, take this advice from a man called Sue, or at least find someone to watch your back, unless this two conditions are met I will not let you go outside the city, come back when you have some bodyguards or when you are ready to give me a good challenge, you are no match for me!
he chuckles and helps you stand up again.

@A'diya

you have slept under a tree not too far from the city of Fireshear, as always Nix is next to you, ready to keep walking, you have nowhere to go. you look at the horizon the sun is pale in the east, there are grey clouds in the sky, it would be cold soon. while you are looking at the sun Nix is sniffing around

Woff, Woff it barks

you look towards him, it has smelled something. you follow him, a couple of hours later Nix leads you to a little plateau between hills, behind a rock like they have been hided by their assassins in hurry three dead bodies, two of them wear leather armor and holds a broken sword, the armor is also torn apart, while the third man is dressed like a Monk

Heal check on the bodies

farothel
2018-12-06, 04:37 PM
"Without my armour and my magic, you are right," Thelia said, "But I'm not going to fight you over this. I'll find some people to get out and hopefully the delay won't kill brother Malkay and the person he's with."

sandmote
2018-12-06, 06:17 PM
Glaring at the man over him (and assuming he's Clyde), Jeremi decides to go (mostly) with the truth: "He's trying to get us in more trouble. Please, I have no idea what's going on here."

amanamana
2018-12-06, 06:33 PM
Polite ! I was not rude !, Listen again !, I said

"Your name, lady. What's your name?" - He gestures with both hands to give emphasis.

"Yeah... As I said, I know him. We had some drinks last night..." - He starts acting as if a little embarrassed - "I mean... Maybe more than some. You know... I don't know. It's kind of blurred." - He shrugs - "You know what? We got ****-faced. I mean... I got ****-faced. From what I recall, he was drunk as a chimera with three tankards and only one liver."

"I'm still kind of drunk, I think... My head is not properly working." - He mumbles, but then gets alert again - "Why? Something happened to him? Dude's alright... I was expecting he would come by later..."

samduke
2018-12-06, 07:29 PM
Pepper is thee name and if you have no idea then I am off.
Abruptly as she came she is off to the temple in the southern part of the city to search for Raziel

amanamana
2018-12-06, 08:20 PM
"Hey! Wait a moment, Miss Pepper. Did something happened? Do you know of some woe that may have fallen upon Raziel?" - He grumbles - "You see... You ask questions and leave as you like... That's no way to have a proper conversation."

"Guy's my pal... What do you know?"

samduke
2018-12-06, 11:15 PM
stoping turning about as I said he did not return last night and I have been tashed with finding him you were the last seen with him and you know nothing of hius whereabouts. So I must go searching other places he has know to visit. If the man is your friend as you say maybe help search for him I am off to the temple.
and she sets off again for the temple in the southern part of the city to search for Raziel

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-07, 03:02 AM
@ Pepper, Gunnar, and Sarah

Two guards approaching you, you make eye contact with the guards, but you feel they're just after Sarah, Stand back citizen, that monster is dangerous in a blink of an eye both guards start to run towards Sarah, you don't have time to move and both guards are on Sarah, from the other side another two guards start to charge her, you see Sarah is able to evade three guards while the fourth guard got her and deliver a
deadly blow with a wooden club (non lethal damage) it hits the back of Sarah's head, Sarah fall down.

@ Sarah

you didn't realize what is happening until they have you.
they have an action prepared, and they have caught you by surprise, and also you were flat-footed since you don't expect the fight

@ Gunnar and Pepper
while Sarah is falling she drops a tome, the two kids are scared to death and run away crying, both of you don't have time to stop them, Sarah is on the floor and the four guards are seizing her
Move along! there is nothing to see here!
the guards start to drag Sarah away.
Gunnar recognizes the Tome and picks it up, while he is picking it up a piece of parchment is falling from the book.
Gunnar pick up the Tome the two of you are astonished about what you are seeing

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-07, 03:44 AM
@ Thelia

Brother Malkay, I have granted him permission since he showed up with two bodyguards, it has to be safe outside, the two guys seems they can handle a fight

while the two of you are speaking, four guards enter the barracks, all of them are wearing a full plate armour they are equipped with swords, bows and clubs, they are dragging a person, she seems to be an elf, but her skin is Dark, you look at her face she is unconscious, from a glance and judging by her condition, you have the feeling that she is not going to make it through the day.

good job guard, throw the beast into the dungeon and let her rot there!

farothel
2018-12-07, 06:54 AM
"If you throw her into your dungeon like that, she will be dead before you can interrogate her," Thelia said to the captain. While she had gotten enough history to know that Drow were evil, she was quite surprised to see one here and especially so openly. Mostly they stayed in the shadows, or used illusions to walk around in human cities.

"I can heal her up for you," she offered, "I can even help with translations if needed, as I know the Drow speak the elven language.

samduke
2018-12-07, 09:37 AM
dangerous monster!, you attack a defenseless person claiming monster, just how is she a monster what crimes did she commit to warrant such brutish behavior from the city guard or should I call you thugs. from where I sit you are no better than a common thug.

Knowing there is nothing she can do at the moment after scorning the guard, she continues on towards the temple

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-07, 10:11 AM
@ Thelia

Bring the beast here! yes, interrogation is a good idea, Thelia wake her up roar the captain, the two guard drag the Drow next to you, you can examine her, for sure it is strange that a drow goes to a city, moreover her drow traits are feeble, not so strong. you examine her entirely but she is not wearing any religion symbol, she seems a godless person

please roll heal

Bartmanhomer
2018-12-07, 10:46 AM
"What are you doing?!I didn't committed any crimes at all. I'm innocent. Somebody help me! This is guard brutality." :frown:

farothel
2018-12-07, 12:03 PM
Thelia tried to do some first aid as she had learned, but without tools it was difficult. After a while she gave up, grabbed her holy symbol and threw in a small healing spell. Nothing too big, but enough to make sure she would come around.

"What are you doing?!I didn't committed any crimes at all. I'm innocent. Somebody help me! This is guard brutality." :frown:

"I'm just the healer," Thelia said, looking at the captain.

Bartmanhomer
2018-12-07, 12:16 PM
Thelia tried to do some first aid as she had learned, but without tools it was difficult. After a while she gave up, grabbed her holy symbol and threw in a small healing spell. Nothing too big, but enough to make sure she would come around.

"I'm just the healer," Thelia said, looking at the captain.

"What's your point, High elf? I want a lawyer so I can sue everyone butt for guard brutality and racial profiling and arrested me for nothing." Sarah was furious showing her anger with unfair treatment. :furious:

farothel
2018-12-07, 12:30 PM
"If I hadn't healed you up, you would have died before the day was over," Thelia said, trying to be reasonable and getting the drow to pipe down a bit, "if I really wanted to I could just as well let you die."

Bartmanhomer
2018-12-07, 12:41 PM
"If I hadn't healed you up, you would have died before the day was over," Thelia said, trying to be reasonable and getting the drow to pipe down a bit, "if I really wanted to I could just as well let you die."

"Oh you heal me? Thank you. That was very noble of you. Most of your kind would let me to die knowing the history of the high elves and dark elves." Sarah calmed herself down a bit.

amanamana
2018-12-07, 11:52 PM
Gunnar seems shocked and somewhat disgusted from the whole situation - "What in the nine hells is happening?"

He steps back with the book and note in hand. He watches the warrior just leaving, after futilely berating the guard. He watches the elves discussing uselessly and the drow yelling some things he can't make sense out of. He just pays attention to the guards, hearing where they seem to be taking her and let they all leave, hoping not to escalate things further, as any sensible commoner would do.

Let's see... That one seems to be going to the temple, but she doesn's seem really open to proper conversation. Maybe I'll try again later. That drow, though... You can't be an evil mastermind acting with such naivety. She probably needs help... But what about Raziel? What the hell happened last night? - He muses as the others seem to leave.

Only then he examines the book and the tome.

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-08, 03:15 AM
@Jeremi

Glaring at the man over him (and assuming he's Clyde), Jeremi decides to go (mostly) with the truth: "He's trying to get us in more trouble. Please, I have no idea what's going on here."

Clyde looks you in the eyes, you catch a glimpse, his attitude towards you has improved. I'm Listening, speak! how did he want to get you more in trouble?

the other captive wait, we are associates and we are after a very big treasure, if you keep us here, you never get the treasure
Clyde looks the other captive
I know your bluffing, shut your mouth, i am not speaking with you!
then again to you
so the two of you are associates? is that true ?

@ Gunnar

you pick up the Tome, it is Raziel's tome, now you recognize it, also you pick up the piece of parchment, you open it and read within your mind

Take the path outside the west gate, follow it until dawn, when you reach the heart of the swamp, praise the gods, then jump into the swamp when you hear the frog croaking twice. The long-gone treasure will be revealed” on the other side "you owe me a pint! don't forget it"now the fog in your mind clear up, you remembered, yesterday night while the two of you were drunk , Raziel, your friend told you that that very night he would go outside the town looking for a treasure, he gets this fortunetelling in a temple by a monk called brother Malkay,the temple is the same that Pepper was talking about before leaving, you told him that those monks are liars and he should not believes them, anyway he left. now you realize that you and the two woman are after the same man

you have two choice , either you go alone in the swamp or get Pepper for help it's up to you

@ Thelia and Sarah

the captain Sue is coming towards you, and take a chair next to you and sits
he speaks first with Sarah
ok now let me see what you have to say, remember here I am the Law, you kind is not well accepted , there are no charge on you , but as a Drow, you would be watched, for every step you make and every words you speak, now speak!what is your name? at what clan do you belong? are you spying us? when you have reached the city? what are your business here?

then he looks at Thelia and speak
if she is going to say something in Elvish i want you to tranlsate it for me

Bartmanhomer
2018-12-08, 08:42 AM
"I can speak Common just fine. Thank you healer."

Sarah Diamond turns around to the captain and explain.

"By who or what authority that I'm nor allowed in this city. I thought that this was a free country and city. My name is Sarah Diamond. I don't belong in any clan. I was accompanied by two children to do some shoppping in this city. And thanks to your mod squad the two kids ran away in the city scaring to death. And I'm not spying. I have no reason to. I have to go back and find them."

Schismatic
2018-12-08, 08:45 AM
"What's wrong, girl?" She lifted herself up, speaking in her native Amnian Thorass. Trailing the wolf to discover the three bodies behind the rocks.

She caught a surprised gasp at the macabre scene, and retrieved her light wooden shield by instinct. Immediately drawing her light shield covered in druidic runes superstitiously carved across the rim of its storm-felled large, hollowed out mahogany branch that served as her leather-strapped protective arms, and issuing a sharp whistle to her wolf companion to be on its guard as she crooked her knees and approached the scene.

Pushing aside with her free hand the right locks of her shoulder length locks from those piercing eyes to attempt to discern the esoteric of the murder scene a she analyzed their wounds...

18 + 4 = 22

farothel
2018-12-08, 09:06 AM
"Are you a spellcaster," Thelia said, pointing at what she thought was a spellbook, "if so, what spells can you cast?"

Bartmanhomer
2018-12-08, 09:17 AM
"Are you a spellcaster," Thelia said, pointing at what she thought was a spellbook, "if so, what spells can you cast?"

"Yes. I'm a wizard. Mage Hand, Mending, Message, Enlarge Person, Magic Weapon, Reduce Person, Grease, Sleep, Mage Armor, Expeditous Retreat, Shield and finally Protection Of Evil"

farothel
2018-12-08, 10:18 AM
Thelia had been following the spell list with interest, but it was the last one that piqued her interest.
"I can cast that last one as well," she said to the captain, "you can't be evil and cast that spell."

Bartmanhomer
2018-12-08, 10:36 AM
Thelia had been following the spell list with interest, but it was the last one that piqued her interest.
"I can cast that last one as well," she said to the captain, "you can't be evil and cast that spell."

"Hey we have something in common."

sandmote
2018-12-08, 02:00 PM
Jeremi gapes at the other captive. "I've never seen him before. I did hear about a treasure, and went looking for it." He turns his attention to the man he thinks is Clyde. "When I was digging, someone ambushed me. Was it you?"

amanamana
2018-12-08, 04:19 PM
Gunnar closes his stall, packs the book in his backpack and the note inside a pocket in his coat. After gearing up, he walks to the temple.

Is this a temple to a specific deity or is it one of those ecumenical temples? In case it's the latter, which religion does Malkay professes faith in, assuming Gunnar knows him.

In case there's need of dice rolling:
Knowledge (Religion) - [roll0]
Knowledge (Local) - [roll1]

Arriving at the temple, he looks around for Pepper or Malkay. If he sees her, he approaches the warrior and speaks almost in a whisper, only for her ears - "I think I have your answer... I know where our friend went. Do you have any interest in having a proper conversation or do you wish to keep only doing things your own way? If you wish to work together, we'll first take a look at what happened to that drow. I'm not breaking anyone out of jail, especially not a drow, but that whole situation stinks more than an otyugh's arse.

farothel
2018-12-10, 08:07 AM
"Hey we have something in common."

"maybe so, but that would be one of the few things," Thelia said. While she didn't want to have someone punished without due cause, that didn't mean she really wanted to be friends with a drow, non-evil or not.

Bartmanhomer
2018-12-10, 08:25 AM
"I'm still sewing the guards and the law enforcement for unlawfully attack me for no reason. And I really need to find the kids. Their parents will never forgive me for this." :frown:

farothel
2018-12-10, 02:28 PM
"I can help you find those kids," Thelia said. Even if she didn't like drow, she wasn't going to take that out on some innocent children. If brother Malkay had bodyguards as the captain said, he should be fine and those children might not be.

She turned to the captain.
"I guess we can go now," she said to him, "and don't worry, I'll be back for that pass later on."

Bartmanhomer
2018-12-10, 03:27 PM
"I can help you find those kids," Thelia said. Even if she didn't like drow, she wasn't going to take that out on some innocent children. If brother Malkay had bodyguards as the captain said, he should be fine and those children might not be.

She turned to the captain.
"I guess we can go now," she said to him, "and don't worry, I'll be back for that pass later on."
"Thank you. I appreciate your assistance. What's your name, elf?" Sarah smiled a bit.

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-11, 04:10 AM
@A'diya

"What's wrong, girl?" She lifted herself up, speaking in her native Amnian Thorass. Trailing the wolf to discover the three bodies behind the rocks.

She caught a surprised gasp at the macabre scene, and retrieved her light wooden shield by instinct. Immediately drawing her light shield covered in druidic runes superstitiously carved across the rim of its storm-felled large, hollowed out mahogany branch that served as her leather-strapped protective arms, and issuing a sharp whistle to her wolf companion to be on its guard as she crooked her knees and approached the scene.

Pushing aside with her free hand the right locks of her shoulder length locks from those piercing eyes to attempt to discern the esoteric of the murder scene a she analyzed their wounds...

18 + 4 = 22

You examine the corpses, they're fresh, probably they have been killed at dawn so you are guessing there was a fight and these three men have been overwhelmed, all of them has got cutting weapons wounds. You have never seen those men before, but judging from their clothes, one was a monk while the other two were guards. On the ground, there is a broken knife the moment you noticed it Nyx is smelling it knife

please roll, Spot, Search and Survival for Nyx

@Jeremi

Jeremi gapes at the other captive. "I've never seen him before. I did hear about a treasure, and went looking for it." He turns his attention to the man he thinks is Clyde. "When I was digging, someone ambushed me. Was it you?"

yes it was us that assaulted you, anyway, you do not know where the treasure is or else?, if you don't give us information you are not of any use he pick a knife and start to polishing it, then slowly with his hand he reaches for your throat, you can feel the cold blade pushing your veins
Stop! I know where the treasure is, but do not hurt him, I will show you where it is , it is not far from here , actually Clyde is thinking, then he looks at you, Should I believe him check sense motive please

@Sarah and Thelia

The Captain looks towards Sarah, then to Thelia
I don't know if I can trust you looking again towards Sarah but I can offer you redemption, don't worry about the kids we will take care of them, actually after my guards have taken you, one of them went for the kids, they'have been taking back to their relatives, so you have no need to have concerns for them, this morning a scout came here and inform me about a bandit camp not too far from here, I need someone to check it out for me, how many of them are there, and what is their intention then he pause so Thelia can go outside to find his missing friend, while I get rid of you, so if you come back, the Drow can stay, if you are not coming back... well natural selection looking Sarah in the eye
I've seen also another woman looking for adventure around, she seems pretty annoyed, you might offer her a chance to have some action, she might be around
He describes Pepper

@ Gunnar and Pepper

both of you reach for the temple , when you turned back your head you see Gunnar, he is running towards you. you starting asking around about Raziel and Malkay, after looking for some information
i assume you are taking 10 on gather info
a monk hearing who you are looking for tells you this
Brother Malkay, yes i know where he is , yesterday evening an eastern man came , i think his name was Raziel, and he was looking for a fortune telling session , so brother Malkay lied to him and send him in the heart of the swamp, northwest of the city, of course after a while Malkay felt guilty about that so he gathers some faithful and venture for the swamp, to rescue Raziel, both of them has not been seen around yet, we have informed the captain , but he is managing the safety of the city, you might want to go to the barracks or you just go the city gate and go for yourself

Bartmanhomer
2018-12-11, 07:15 AM
"How do I know that you're mods squad didn't hurt those kids. And what the hell do you my mean that I shouldn't be concerned about those kids. Those kids mean the world me. Also did the kids told you where they lived?I want an answer now!" Sarah was furious. :furious:

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-11, 08:10 AM
@ Sarah and Thelia

"How do I know that you're mods squad didn't hurt those kids. And what the hell do you my mean that I shouldn't be concerned about those kids. Those kids mean the world me. Also did the kids told you where they lived?I want an answer now!" Sarah was furious. :furious:

How dare you speak in this way to me, I am the law here! the captain answers angrily to Sarah, in his eyes, you can see fire and flames.
The guard's role in this town is to keep the citizen safe, since your kind has bad reputation, it is my duty to keep an eye on you! if you want to be trusted by me then prove to me that you are worthy of my trust! Do not question my guards orders or mine! If you want to ever see them again you must earn my trust! otherwise, I will personally throw you in the dungeon and let you rot there or worse! Sarah, a shivering feeling goes through you, he is not joking or worse... these words gave you the chill. Every eye are on both of you, the captain still looking into Sarah's eyes, while all the people in the room look at both, both of you can feel the tension in the air.

Bartmanhomer
2018-12-11, 09:13 AM
"Can I at least have a lawyer to represent me, please sir? Sarah is very frightening by the captain. :eek:

farothel
2018-12-11, 12:36 PM
Thelia took a couple of steps back when the captain exploded, even though it wasn't directed at her.
"Whoa, let's take a couple of steps back here," she said, "captain, although I understand your desire to keep law and order in your city, just picking people off the street because of how they look isn't really the way to do it. Ask them some polite questions, make sure they know they are watched, but I wouldn't go further than that. If some stories I heard about Drow are true, there are some who could snap just snap their fingers and level this city if they wanted to."

She turned to Sarah.
"And you will have to live with the fact that your people don't have a good reputation and that there will be a lot of paranoia up here. Now, why don't I go and check up on those kids for you and then you can help me check up on brother Malkay. Sounds like a deal?"

Bartmanhomer
2018-12-11, 01:12 PM
Thelia took a couple of steps back when the captain exploded, even though it wasn't directed at her.
"Whoa, let's take a couple of steps back here," she said, "captain, although I understand your desire to keep law and order in your city, just picking people off the street because of how they look isn't really the way to do it. Ask them some polite questions, make sure they know they are watched, but I wouldn't go further than that. If some stories I heard about Drow are true, there are some who could snap just snap their fingers and level this city if they wanted to."

She turned to Sarah.
"And you will have to live with the fact that your people don't have a good reputation and that there will be a lot of paranoia up here. Now, why don't I go and check up on those kids for you and then you can help me check up on brother Malkay. Sounds like a deal?"

"Deal." :annoyed:

Schismatic
2018-12-12, 07:23 AM
A'diya lets Nyx do her thing. Choosing instead to keep an eye out by leaping ontop of the boulders beside the scene to get a greater view of the surrounding terrain, and preparing her fingers to summon additional help from the wilds if need be...

Search = 9
Spot = 16
SURvival = 4/8 w/ scent

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-13, 08:48 AM
@ A'diya

Nyx starts sniffing around, and you see her wondering but, she starts to forward you get the feeling that she is not on the right tracks

failed check, you can try with other help

@ Thelia and Sarah

both of you agree on what to do next, so Sarah stays in custody with the Captain, while Thelia decide to look for the children

@Thelia
you start by asking Sue (the Captain) to summon those guards that claim to have brought back the children, after a while, two young guards come in front of you

Greetings M'lady, how can I help says one of them

farothel
2018-12-13, 11:01 AM
"I'm looking for the two children which you escorted earlier today," Thelia asked them, "where did you bring them?"

sandmote
2018-12-15, 03:32 PM
At first not realizing Clyde was speaking to him, Jeremi stares for a moment. "Again, I've no idea who he is. But if you're still looking for the treasure, does this mean it wasn't where I was digging?"

amanamana
2018-12-15, 09:08 PM
Brother Malkay, yes i know where he is , yesterday evening an eastern man came , i think his name was Raziel, and he was looking for a fortune telling session , so brother Malkay lied to him and send him in the heart of the swamp, northwest of the city, of course after a while Malkay felt guilty about that so he gathers some faithful and venture for the swamp, to rescue Raziel, both of them has not been seen around yet, we have informed the captain , but he is managing the safety of the city, you might want to go to the barracks or you just go the city gate and go for yourself

Gunnar gets pissed at that - "Malkay knew the place? Is there any known dangers in there? How could he send a man there on a whim?"

Gunnar stares at the monk impatiently, his mind working at how to tackle the situation. He'll need allies.

Schismatic
2018-12-16, 09:04 AM
She tuts her tongue asshe heard Nyx's whine. Leaping down from the boulder, she oversees the scene.

"Not enough time with your mother it seems." She kneels over the scene, tossing a bit of dried meat to her animal companion.

"Eat well, we will not have time to hunt... We have a different type of quarry to locate." As she ran her fingertips over the ground.

Tracking Check = 24

Nyx fails to assist.

I'll move at full speed if I can manage to do sosuccessfully (-10)

Will use two of her rations so that she and her animal companion can spend an entire day tracking.

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-18, 05:38 AM
@ Thelia

"I'm looking for the two children which you escorted earlier today," Thelia asked them, "where did you bring them?"
we have escorted them safely home if you can follow us we will bring you to the children's home the two guards ask you politely

you can roll a sense motive check if you want

@ Jeremi

At first not realizing Clyde was speaking to him, Jeremi stares for a moment. "Again, I've no idea who he is. But if you're still looking for the treasure, does this mean it wasn't where I was digging?"
Clyde looks you with interrogative eyes after we knocked you down, we dig ourself the same spot that you were excavating, only dirt and mud, but we thought that you were aware of us and that you want to fool us, that is why we are keeping you captive he is trying to explain you, but this doesn't seem very smart. Clyde goes away from you and whistles, after a while the whole gang roundup, they start chatting among them

you can try to listen

after a while, they stopped

Anyway any leads is better than no leads at all, so brace yourself, we have plenty of road ahead they start to untie the other guy, meanwhile for the first time you can see the whole gang gathered, you can count seven of them , all of the thugs are equipped with leather armour, short bows, daggers and swords. one of them catch your attention, he has not spoken yet, he looks fierce and is wearing a chainmail he has a longbow and a greatsword, he might be the leader of the pack.

@ Gunnar

Gunnar gets pissed at that - "Malkay knew the place? Is there any known dangers in there? How could he send a man there on a whim?"

Gunnar stares at the monk impatiently, his mind working at how to tackle the situation. He'll need allies.

we don't know what drives Malkay, anyway we asked one of the Temple guests, a cleric called Thelia, to bring back Malkay's journal to him, she might be at the gate at this time or maybe beyond the monks answer you and then salute you

@ A'diya

She tuts her tongue as she heard Nyx's whine. Leaping down from the boulder, she oversees the scene.

"Not enough time with your mother it seems." She kneels over the scene, tossing a bit of dried meat to her animal companion.

"Eat well, we will not have time to hunt... We have a different type of quarry to locate." As she ran her fingertips over the ground.

Tracking Check = 24

Nyx fails to assist.

I'll move at full speed if I can manage to do sosuccessfully (-10)

Will use two of her rations so that she and her animal companion can spend an entire day tracking.

Nyx eats and gladly looks you eyes, both of you resuming checking for any leads, after a while you find a trail which it goes deep into the forest you are going after 7 humanoids. After searching for two hours the trail stops near a tree, behind this tree you find a hole in the ground it has been dug on a particular spot and you can sense magic energy in that spot

please roll just one of them, choose wisely

farothel
2018-12-18, 06:18 AM
"Sure, lead the way," Thelia said to the guards, before turning to Sarah, "I'll be right back."

sense motive: [roll0]

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-18, 07:32 AM
@ Thelia

"Sure, lead the way," Thelia said to the guards, before turning to Sarah, "I'll be right back."

You sense the guard is speaking the truth, so you follow them. They lead you in the outskirt of the city, in a little alley, there is a small house that looks nicely decorated with flowers even though this part of the city belongs to farmers and shepherds the house is nice and neat compared to the neightborhood. In front of the doorsteps two children are playing with wooden toys, they are twins and both have blonde hair, when they spot you and the guards both of them drops the toys and run into the house. They are safe, yet they are still shaken.

See, the kids are alright, please tell your friend, we do not want any trouble, we have acted the way we are instructed

farothel
2018-12-18, 08:27 AM
"Okay," Thelia said, "but maybe next time to it a bit less 'enthousiastic'. Just stopping someone, not hitting him or her just because you can."

She didn't mind them defending themselves of course, but she didn't like them just hitting people. Turning around, she headed back to the guard house to get Sarah and then she wanted to search for Malkay.

"Everything looks fine," she said to Sarah.

Bartmanhomer
2018-12-18, 08:33 AM
"Okay," Thelia said, "but maybe next time to it a bit less 'enthousiastic'. Just stopping someone, not hitting him or her just because you can."

She didn't mind them defending themselves of course, but she didn't like them just hitting people. Turning around, she headed back to the guard house to get Sarah and then she wanted to search for Malkay.

"Oh thank Boccob they're ok." :smile: Sarah relieved that the children are ok.

amanamana
2018-12-18, 11:35 AM
Gunnar wanders off and finds himself close to the guards barracks. Approaching a guard, he asks respectfully - "Excuse me, sir, where can I find information on a recently apprehended foreigner? An elf woman with obsidian black skin... I was around when she was taken."

If given directions, he goes there, also questioning about a priestess named Thelia.

Schismatic
2018-12-18, 08:09 PM
Nyx eats and gladly looks you eyes, both of you resuming checking for any leads, after a while you find a trail which it goes deep into the forest you are going after 7 humanoids. After searching for two hours the trail stops near a tree, behind this tree you find a hole in the ground it has been dug on a particular spot and you can sense magic energy in that spot

please roll just one of them, choose wisely

[/SPOILER]

"Sc'iss!" She hissed a command to her wolf to stay back from the hole as she retrieved her light wooden shield. Approaching cautiously to try to interpret the magicks of the hole...

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-19, 03:18 AM
@ Gunnar

Gunnar wanders off and finds himself close to the guards barracks. Approaching a guard, he asks respectfully - "Excuse me, sir, where can I find information on a recently apprehended foreigner? An elf woman with obsidian black skin... I was around when she was taken."

If given directions, he goes there, also questioning about a priestess named Thelia.
The guard warding the barracks answer to you we took her as captive, Captain Sue is keeping an eye on her, she is downstairs, are you a friend of her?
without answering you press the guard with more question and you ask him about Thelia, The cleric, she is also inside the building, she went outside to check something I guess, but a few minutes later she cames back, feel free to enter the barracks, but be respectful and don't steal anything he warns you, you go inside the building which is made entirely of wooden planks and rocks boulder, the floor is made entirely of wooden and planks kept together by nails, is also squeaking below your weight. On the walls, there are shields and swords not suitable for fighting but look nicely on the wall. The furniture is very simple wooden chests, chairs and tables, there are also other rooms, some of them locked, peeking inside those rooms are beds and wardrobes. In the middle of the room, there are stairs which go below. Under the floor level an underground arena, used probably for training, right now some guards are fighting with wooden weapons, next to a wooden fence that delimits the arena you recognize Sarah, next to her another woman and judging by her clothes a cleric, there is also a very muscular man, he might be the captain.

@ Sarah and Thelia

"Oh thank Boccob they're ok." :smile: Sarah relieved that the children are ok.

you see a man going towards you, Sarah recognizes him as Gunnar the man from the marketplace, but she doesn't see the other woman Pepper, Thelia see a man coming towards both of you but looking from Sarah's eyes, the two of them knew each other

@A'diya

"Sc'iss!" She hissed a command to her wolf to stay back from the hole as she retrieved her light wooden shield. Approaching cautiously to try to interpret the magicks of the hole...

Nyx goes few steps back , you examine the spot, there is something stuck into the ground that looks like a jar fragment made of ceramic, not bigger than your hand, you can sense a spell, knowing it will not harming you, you pick it up, it lighter than it looks in your hand, so you believe it must be something else
Disguise self, you can roll will save against illusion with a circumnstance bonus of +5 since you recognize the spell

@ Jeremi
you overhear part of the conversation, since the sounds of the forest are all around you you manage only to catch bits of conversation

we should ..... then we let them .... and ..... both... we took ......, after that we .... and kill the other

you missed part of the whole discussion , but it is clear that they have something in mind for both of you, it is not clear who is going to die , but a shiver shake your spine one of you captive might die

sandmote
2018-12-19, 04:43 PM
Very worried that they aren't untying him, Jeremi pipes up. "Er, given that I have no leads for you, my I ask what happens to me? I'm perfectly happy to leave and not bother you."

amanamana
2018-12-19, 07:51 PM
The young man approaches the big soldier - "Excuse me, sir, are you the captain here? I'm just looking for a cleric named Thelia, I believe. They told me she would be around..." - He looks at the woman near the drow - "Excuse me, are you the priestess named Thelia? They told me at the temple you were looking for Raziel... He is an acquaintance of mine.

He then looks at the drow and nods in recognition, somewhat uncertain of how to interact.

Looking again at the man he presumes to be the captain, he asks in a quiet manner - "Excuse me, sir. I'm just curious... Was this dark elf lady charged with any crimes or was she arrested based on her nature? I'm not aware if the city has any laws against specific races of humanoids... Or is it that the city is at war with the drow? I arrived recently and I'm not aware of your foreign affairs. I was around when she was apprehended. I do not recall seeing her doing anything wrong... apart from behaving oddly.

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-20, 05:38 AM
@ Jeremi

Very worried that they aren't untying him, Jeremi pipes up. "Er, given that I have no leads for you, my I ask what happens to me? I'm perfectly happy to leave and not bother you."

When you speak the whole gang turns their faces in your direction, Clyde move towards you we know you are no use for us, but those pair of the arm might be useful anyway, do you have any experience in digging? he starts to untie you then when your hands are free he gives you a rusted shovel. after packing all of you starts to march towards the heart of the swamp, it is cold , you can feel the breeze caressing your face, it feels like someone is breathing slowly and continuously on your face and his breath is ice, the ground is still frozen and all around you the environment is preparing for the next season, no animals are roaming around, the sun is hiding beyond clouds, like he doesn't want to see what is going to happen. Raziel is leading the "expedition" all of you are following him without question or without talking, behind Raziel is the leader with his sword pointing at the back of Raziel, while you are moving in a center of a square surrounded by them, Clyde is behind you on your right, you are not capable of escape from this situation.

X X X
Jeremi L Raziel
C X X

The X are toughs while C is Clyde and L is the leader

After 3 hours of walking in this formation, you reached the place, Raziel stops and signs other to stop. in front of you stands five huge menhir, which grows from the swamp's puddles, at first looks they resemble misplaced mountains, like they were moved from another place, but while you are moving towards them it is clear that they are not mountains or menhir rather this has to be a "man-made" mountains

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/010/386/724/large/luthfi-goya-swamp-menhir.jpg?1524145230
you arrive at the center of those five big "buildings" all of them are within 100 meters each and all around a radius area of 500 meters
That is the place, let me search around the area, hey will you help me? Raziel glances to you and starts to looks around after a while he searches you start to feel overwhelmed by the magical aura of this place. the other doesn't seem to be aware of this flowing and overwhelming energy

Please roll search (if you want to help) and spellcraft or knowledge arcana (for the aura) choose wisely

Schismatic
2018-12-20, 06:39 AM
She tosses the jar fragment up and down in her right hand, cooing for a moment at her discovered magical treasure... all while skirting the local scenery for more tracks and/or clues as to the whereabouts of the people she is tracking and why they were here...

If she fails, she will put it in her rucksack. If she passes she's try to intuit its form and purpose. In both cases she will continue tracking...

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-20, 07:02 AM
@ A'diya

She tosses the jar fragment up and down in her right hand, cooing for a moment at her discovered magical treasure... all while skirting the local scenery for more tracks and/or clues as to the whereabouts of the people she is tracking and why they were here...

If she fails, she will put it in her rucksack. If she passes she's try to intuit its form and purpose. In both cases, she will continue tracking...

You look at the fragment in details, the more you look the more it seems different, after a while you realize you are holding something meant for open or to activate, you have a hint that this might be a magical device but no clue on the purpose of it. you find again tracks of the humanoids you are after and start again following those footprints, there was a fight and someone has been dragged away, maybe they took a prisoner, on the ground next to the fighting spot you found a simple Flute, it is made of a strong type of wood and marvelously crafted, there is an inscription on it, a name Jeremi the name doesn't sound familiar to you, and you just pick it up and put it in your rucksack. Nyx and you decide to go forward and after a couple of hour you reach a little plain between hills, on the top of one of those hills there is the remaining of the humanoid's camp, their footprints shows that they stopped here, on this little plateau in a couple of spots the grass is bent down, signs that a tent was there, probably they stopped for the night.

Schismatic
2018-12-20, 08:24 AM
@ A'diya

You look at the fragment in details, the more you look the more it seems different, after a while you realize you are holding something meant for open or to activate, you have a hint that this might be a magical device but no clue on the purpose of it. you find again tracks of the humanoids you are after and start again following those footprints, there was a fight and someone has been dragged away, maybe they took a prisoner, on the ground next to the fighting spot you found a simple Flute, it is made of a strong type of wood and marvelously crafted, there is an inscription on it, a name Jeremi the name doesn't sound familiar to you, and you just pick it up and put it in your rucksack. Nyx and you decide to go forward and after a couple of hour you reach a little plain between hills, on the top of one of those hills there is the remaining of the humanoid's camp, their footprints shows that they stopped here, on this little plateau in a couple of spots the grass is bent down, signs that a tent was there, probably they stopped for the night.

Boot and wolfpad pound the ground. The thrill of the hunt against numerous humanoids was growing into an impatient uncertainty. Where hot blood was replaced with a growing tepidness that she was drawing near. As she skirted to the top she paused to give a passing glance to the former settlement...

Nyx excitedly sniffing about the periphery as A'diya ran her fingers over the ground.

Nyx:

Search = 6
Survival = 19/23 (w/scent)

Adiya:

Search = 12
Survival = 12

farothel
2018-12-20, 08:43 AM
The young man approaches the big soldier - "Excuse me, sir, are you the captain here? I'm just looking for a cleric named Thelia, I believe. They told me she would be around..." - He looks at the woman near the drow - "Excuse me, are you the priestess named Thelia? They told me at the temple you were looking for Raziel... He is an acquaintance of mine.

He then looks at the drow and nods in recognition, somewhat uncertain of how to interact.

Looking again at the man he presumes to be the captain, he asks in a quiet manner - "Excuse me, sir. I'm just curious... Was this dark elf lady charged with any crimes or was she arrested based on her nature? I'm not aware if the city has any laws against specific races of humanoids... Or is it that the city is at war with the drow? I arrived recently and I'm not aware of your foreign affairs. I was around when she was apprehended. I do not recall seeing her doing anything wrong... apart from behaving oddly.

"I'm Thelia," she said to the man, "and I don't know the name Raziel. I was looking for a brother Malkay and some eastern man. That might be Raziel, but I don't know his name. And you are?"

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-20, 08:50 AM
@ A'diya

Boot and wolfpad pound the ground. The thrill of the hunt against numerous humanoids was growing into an impatient uncertainty. Where hot blood was replaced with a growing tepidness that she was drawing near. As she skirted to the top she paused to give a passing glance to the former settlement...

Nyx excitedly sniffing about the periphery as A'diya ran her fingers over the ground.

Nyx:

Search = 6
Survival = 19/23 (w/scent)

Adiya:

Search = 12
Survival = 12

The camp was left no more than five hours ago, you can tell from the campfire which is still warm. Searching around the grass you found a couple of cutted rope near a big tree, examining the tree on its trunk you find signs of a chain and on the grass beneath signs of two humanoids which must be kept seated for a long time, so they must be the captive. Judging from your observations and searchings they camped here and they bound the captives at the tree trunk near the campfire, one of the captive have tried to escape and lose something, next to the base of the trunk you find a steel bracelet made with chainrings, this is also finely crafted yet it has no value for you, examining it better the object reveal on one of the rings an inscribed name Raziel son of Azamat of Calimport, you gave the bracelet to Nyx and she smells it, after a while she point a direction, there are no paths on that direction which leads to the frozen swamp, in this particular period besides from few predators and some small animals the swamp it is safe, while during the night due to swamp gas it might become a dangerous place if you don't know how to avoid those troubles

Schismatic
2018-12-20, 09:43 AM
@ A'diya

The camp was left no more than five hours ago, you can tell from the campfire which is still warm. Searching around the grass you found a couple of cutted rope near a big tree, examining the tree on its trunk you find signs of a chain and on the grass beneath signs of two humanoids which must be kept seated for a long time, so they must be the captive. Judging from your observations and searchings they camped here and they bound the captives at the tree trunk near the campfire, one of the captive have tried to escape and lose something, next to the base of the trunk you find a steel bracelet made with chainrings, this is also finely crafted yet it has no value for you, examining it better the object reveal on one of the rings an inscribed name Raziel son of Azamat of Calimport, you gave the bracelet to Nyx and she smells it, after a while she point a direction, there are no paths on that direction which leads to the frozen swamp, in this particular period besides from few predators and some small animals the swamp it is safe, while during the night due to swamp gas it might become a dangerous place if you don't know how to avoid those troubles

"Clever girl..." She smiled and gave Nyxa rough scratch behind the ears. "So of the number we were tracking, two may be captives. And we have this Raziel... a fellow Southerner it seems. The plot thickens. Between you and me, and some help I can conjure, I think we may have equity of numbers. And they certainly will not see us coming." She almost purred.

She looked to the swamp.

"They'll be travelling slowly, though we will end up moving through it at night. Taking prisoners through that mire will slow them down, though what business does slaver or bandit have within?"

She sighed as her hands slapped at the sides of her leather clad thighs, removing their collected dust of their travels and fetched 1 more ration from her pack. Sharing half a meal between herself and Nyx. They'll need their strength. Replacing the space spared with the bracelet.

With her final mouthful, she pointed to the swamp.

"Time to meet our quarry..." She murmured and proceeded into the swamp.

+1 Jeremi's pipe.
+1 Magical Device (Jar shard-thingy)
+1 Ramiel's bracelet
-1 Ration, 1 remaining.

I'll keep an eye out for natural hazards...

sandmote
2018-12-20, 04:19 PM
That is the place, let me search around the area, hey will you help me? Raziel glances to you and starts to looks around after a while he searches you start to feel overwhelmed by the magical aura of this place. the other doesn't seem to be aware of this flowing and overwhelming energy

Please roll search (if you want to help) and spellcraft or knowledge arcana (for the aura) choose wisely

Shrugging, Jeremi takes a look around. Upon realizing the others don't seem to notice the magical aura, he pauses to see if he can recall any such effect he knows about.

amanamana
2018-12-20, 08:37 PM
"I'm Thelia," she said to the man, "and I don't know the name Raziel. I was looking for a brother Malkay and some eastern man. That might be Raziel, but I don't know his name. And you are?"

"I'm Gunnar, glad to meet you... Even if this is not the best of times." - He looks to see if there is any holy symbol he recognizes on her - "Raziel is an eastern man... Maybe he is the one you are looking for. We've met not long ago, but we used to have a few drinks... Yesterday we had more than a few... He went missing after that." - He looks at the others in the room, before somberly looking at her again - "Any reason you are after him? He may be in trouble and I want to find the guy before anything bad happens. Maybe you can help..."

Taking 10 in a Knowledge (Religion) check to recognize a holy symbol. Total 15.

farothel
2018-12-20, 10:17 PM
"I was looking for brother Malkay," Thelia explained, "he send this Raziel into the swamps in search for some treasure and then got remorse and went after him. Maybe we can go searching together. It's Always safer to do that together."

Thelia is wearing a symbol of Labelas Enoreth, a lesser known elven diety of knowledge and time

doing the same with Gunnar, see if he has a religious symbol that I recognise
knowledge religion: [roll0]

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-21, 05:00 AM
@ Jeremi

Shrugging, Jeremi takes a look around. Upon realizing the others don't seem to notice the magical aura, he pauses to see if he can recall any such effect he knows about.you feel the energy around you , and as much as you know in this area the weave acts like it is empowered by the surroundings all kinds of magic must be favoured by this aura , yet it is not the weave as you know it. Searching around the area beneath some grass you found a marble slab which is fixed in the ground on it in Dwarven an inscription, beneath the inscription a niche is carved into the marble

If I turn my head, you may go where you want, but if i turn again, you could stay and rot what am i?
please don't google it , try to solve it, you can even ask for help in the Out of Character trheads

please when you roll a check report it here under a spoiler

@A'diya

"Clever girl..." She smiled and gave Nyxa rough scratch behind the ears. "So of the number we were tracking, two may be captives. And we have this Raziel... a fellow Southerner it seems. The plot thickens. Between you and me, and some help I can conjure, I think we may have equity of numbers. And they certainly will not see us coming." She almost purred.

She looked to the swamp.

"They'll be travelling slowly, though we will end up moving through it at night. Taking prisoners through that mire will slow them down, though what business does slaver or bandit have within?"

She sighed as her hands slapped at the sides of her leather clad thighs, removing their collected dust of their travels and fetched 1 more ration from her pack. Sharing half a meal between herself and Nyx. They'll need their strength. Replacing the space spared with the bracelet.

With her final mouthful, she pointed to the swamp.

"Time to meet our quarry..." She murmured and proceeded into the swamp.

+1 Jeremi's pipe.
+1 Magical Device (Jar shard-thingy)
+1 Ramiel's bracelet
-1 Ration, 1 remaining.

I'll keep an eye out for natural hazards...

You walk trough the mire, the more you walk the more you feel the air sorrounding you is changing, beneath your boots the ice squeaking, no movements around you exept for some crow , the trails are uncertain, you can count now nine trails. looks like they are moving in formation and heading more and more into the wild, you are not sure if you are gaining time upon them, still Nyx is fixed with a precise direction, once she smell something it is unlikely that she fails.
The fog starts to rise from puddles , it stinks but it is not poisonus, after some times on the horizon you see five big menhir standing and emerging from the fog, they are far away but you can see them and sense its energy

please roll

@ Sarah , Gunnar and Thelia

The Captain Sue answer to Gunnar, while look to all of you

well going around and openly affirm that you are a Drow it doesn't break any law , yet I've ordered my guards to catch her for me , so I would interrogate her, I've told them to consider the Drow extremely dangerous and to be cautios, this might be the reason why they acted the way the have. But after i have spoke with her I think she is neutral and she doesn't want to cause any trouble, and that is where Thelia came in, she will supervise her. then looking all of you three
Thelia, looks like you have the party you were looking for, now if you want to venture outside the city walls i will allow it, moreover since i've caused you troubles you can have my hunting dog he whistles and a fierce bloodhound shows up

https://lasvegas-k9.com/content/images/thumbs/0006409_bloodhound.jpeg

his name is Ace, it may looks old but he is one of my best bloodhound the dogs looks young and fierce as the captain he is also joyful and playful. The captain shows you basic commands, after Ace finishes with his owner he moves towards Sarah and start to wiggle his tail and jumping around trying to lick her face.

Look for (person), Stay, Hide, Run!

You bloody bastard! among all of them you make friendship with her! he explodes with a laugh he also ask to a recruit to bring something from his stash
he hands Thelia two potion i know you will use this for the best
2 potion of endure element and one antidote and one heal light wound
then he hand a some rations to Gunnar be careful outside! and come back alive!
15 ration

Schismatic
2018-12-21, 05:37 AM
@A'diya

You walk trough the mire, the more you walk the more you feel the air sorrounding you is changing, beneath your boots the ice squeaking, no movements around you exept for some crow , the trails are uncertain, you can count now nine trails. looks like they are moving in formation and heading more and more into the wild, you are not sure if you are gaining time upon them, still Nyx is fixed with a precise direction, once she smell something it is unlikely that she fails.
The fog starts to rise from puddles , it stinks but it is not poisonus, after some times on the horizon you see five big menhir standing and emerging from the fog, they are far away but you can see them and sense its energy

please roll

She crouched down low. This is where she needed to be, apparently. The menhir loomed in front of her eyesand it became clear that violence may soon be upon them. What else, or where else, would it be but here those murderers and captives be? She tried to discern the magic on the air as she made her approach, stealthily as she found it possible and trying to achieve a visible vantage of the site so that she may espy her enemies and discern her targets more easily.

Bartmanhomer
2018-12-21, 11:29 AM
"Am I free to go now?" :confused: Sarah asked very calmly.

farothel
2018-12-22, 07:42 AM
"Thank you, captain," Thelia said, putting them in her backpack before turning to the two others, "very well, let's go. The faster we find these people, the better it is."

amanamana
2018-12-22, 10:39 PM
Gunnar takes the rations and divides them between the three of them, five to each. After securing them in his backpack, he addresses the others - "Well... I believe we'll hit the road now. Anyone has anything you need to do or buy or maybe someone to talk to before we leave?" - He looks around - "I'd better buy me some blankets and a bedroll... I believe the nights are really cold... Unless the captain can help me with that too. As I woke up today, I had no plans of visiting a swamp."

sandmote
2018-12-23, 03:51 AM
Still pondering the riddle, Jeremi decides to give the group a heads up. "Hey! Careful," He calls. "Somethings up, and I've found an inscription."

Turning back to the riddle, he mumbles through the riddle to himself. "Something that turns, and decides whether you can go?" Upon the first other person approaching, he turns and asks "I think the key might a- er, a lock?"

farothel
2018-12-23, 04:03 AM
Thelia was surprised the guy didn't have basic supplies.
"None of us had plans visiting a swamp," she said, "but I have those kind of things with me at all times. But sure, we can visit the market first and then go."

amanamana
2018-12-23, 10:26 AM
"No need to get snappy at me... I'm packing my weapons, torches, water, flint and steel and the tools of my trade... Even chalk pieces so I can leave signals for others in case I go scouting. But I was living in the city for more than a month and I have a place to sleep indoors. With no plans to sleep outside the city walls until after winter, why would I walk around with 10lbs of stuff I would not use on my back? I have the coins to buy it and I know the guy that sells the stuff..." - He looks at the dog - "We'll probably have to buy rations and a blanket for the dog anyways... The cute lil' bugger will freeze to death in this cold otherwise."

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-24, 09:13 AM
@ Sarah, Thelia, and Gunnar

Gunnar takes the rations and divides them between the three of them, five to each. After securing them in his backpack, he addresses the others - "Well... I believe we'll hit the road now. Anyone has anything you need to do or buy or maybe someone to talk to before we leave?" - He looks around - "I'd better buy me some blankets and a bedroll... I believe the nights are really cold... Unless the captain can help me with that too. As I woke up today, I had no plans of visiting a swamp."

Thelia was surprised the guy didn't have basic supplies.
"None of us had plans visiting a swamp," she said, "but I have those kind of things with me at all times. But sure, we can visit the market first and then go."

"No need to get snappy at me... I'm packing my weapons, torches, water, flint and steel and the tools of my trade... Even chalk pieces so I can leave signals for others in case I go scouting. But I was living in the city for more than a month and I have a place to sleep indoors. With no plans to sleep outside the city walls until after winter, why would I walk around with 10lbs of stuff I would not use on my back? I have the coins to buy it and I know the guy that sells the stuff..." - He looks at the dog - "We'll probably have to buy rations and a blanket for the dog anyways... The cute lil' bugger will freeze to death in this cold otherwise."

the Captain looks to Gunnar and while he is scratching his eyebrows he inform him All of you are free to go outside, I will give you clearance
The dog is well trained for this harsh environment, as I told you it can handle the wild, no need for the blanket or any food, he will hunt if it needs, but you can share ration with Ace. he hands you a paper and with some molten wax and his sigil he marks the document.

decide what you are going to do next, if you need to buy something in the marketplace, just post it on the OOC threads, so we can go further

@ Jeremi

Still pondering the riddle, Jeremi decides to give the group a heads up. "Hey! Careful," He calls. "Somethings up, and I've found an inscription."

Turning back to the riddle, he mumbles through the riddle to himself. "Something that turns, and decides whether you can go?" Upon the first other person approaching, he turns and asks "I think the key might a- er, a lock?"
Raziel is around you, so he looks at the inscription and touches the niche his slender hand caress the marble, while he is caressing he think about the riddle

it might be a key, but this niche requires something, we must look around for a key or a magic device meanwhile around you all the band are patrolling and watching around, while you are searching the area the fog starts to rise

@ A'diya

you try to focus on the magic aura that surrounds you. You feel the weave strongly and somehow different, meanwhile you crotch and starts moving silently around getting near to the Menhirs, the fog is getting heavy and the air is getting colder

please roll move silently for you and Nyx

sandmote
2018-12-25, 02:49 AM
Still mulling it over, Jeremi searches the grass.

[roll0]

amanamana
2018-12-25, 12:25 PM
"We're cool to go, then?" - Gunnar heads out of the hall into the streets, making a quick stop at the market place before heading to the gate.

Schismatic
2018-12-25, 06:51 PM
A'diya and her animal companion attempted to make their way to a vantage point overlooking the site to assess the fight to be...

A'diya =20 (nat 20)
Nyx = 8

farothel
2018-12-26, 08:17 AM
Thelia followed Gunnar to the market and then they went out of the city. There she took the Malkay's diary and checked again to make sure they went the correct way.

Hugh_fromrome
2018-12-30, 04:27 AM
@ Jeremi

the time pass while you search around the grass, unfortunately, you don't find any useful key or device which might help you to open the niche.

please roll spot and listen

Still mulling it over, Jeremi searches the grass.

[roll0]

@ Sarah, Thelia, and Gunnar

After you went to the market, which is crowded at this time, you finalize your last deals and set the direction for the city gate. The gate is a big wooden door, which is carved in a marvelous motive representing horses, mining tools and ores, at left and right side two towers stand and the watchmen are gazing far away. you show them the signed order to the guards next to the door

Open the doors one of them shout while you standing by the big closed door.

The doors open and reveal the environment around the city, as far as you can see there is a path which goes west, while another one goes south, all around you the weather is cold and trees are preparing for the winter. a cold breeze caresses your faces like it wants to say to you good luck. the hound is next to Sarah and starts to smell the around the area, then it goes towards Thelia.

"We're cool to go, then?" - Gunnar heads out of the hall into the streets, making a quick stop at the market place before heading to the gate.

Thelia followed Gunnar to the market and then they went out of the city. There she took the Malkay's diary and checked again to make sure they went the correct way.

@A'diya

you silently moves towards the Men'hir, your step is silent while Nyx every once in a while makes some noises, you stop to study the situation, the fog is fading away

please roll spot and hide checks

A'diya and her animal companion attempted to make their way to a vantage point overlooking the site to assess the fight to be...

A'diya =20 (nat 20)
Nyx = 8

Bartmanhomer
2018-12-30, 11:20 AM
"After all this drama. It will lead to an adventure party?! Oh well. It is what is it." :annoyed: Sarah is annoyed by turn of events that happened to her.

sandmote
2018-12-30, 07:04 PM
Seeing he hasn't found anything else, Jeremi stops to try to sense the weave again.

[roll0] spot and [roll1] listen, as requested.

Also, [roll2] Arcana, to see how the weave is acting

amanamana
2018-12-30, 10:53 PM
"As far as I know, we should take the west path and follow it to the heart of the swamp... That's apparently where Raziel went." - Gunnar looks at the others, waiting to see if they have some other notion - "Shall we, then?"

He looks at Sarah - "So... Uh... Tell me, lady, do drow speak the same language as the other elves or do you have some different language?" - He looks torn between suspicion and curiosity - "How did you came to be on the surface? I thought your people lived deep underground..."

Taking 10 on knowledge (local) and knowledge (geography) for a total of 15 each to get information on the countryside, particularly the swamp.

farothel
2018-12-31, 03:59 AM
"Sounds good," Thelia said, "Ace, find Raziel."
She wasn't sure if it would work, but she could only try.

Bartmanhomer
2018-12-31, 07:05 AM
"As far as I know, we should take the west path and follow it to the heart of the swamp... That's apparently where Raziel went." - Gunnar looks at the others, waiting to see if they have some other notion - "Shall we, then?"

He looks at Sarah - "So... Uh... Tell me, lady, do drow speak the same language as the other elves or do you have some different language?" - He looks torn between suspicion and curiosity - "How did you came to be on the surface? I thought your people lived deep underground..."

Taking 10 on knowledge (local) and knowledge (geography) for a total of 15 each to get information on the countryside, particularly the swamp.

"We speak a different language than high elves. They do lived in the deep underground. My family escaped from the Underdark to lived a better life." Sarah replied back to Gunnar.

amanamana
2018-12-31, 03:38 PM
"We speak a different language than high elves. They do lived in the deep underground. My family escaped from the Underdark to lived a better life." Sarah replied back to Gunnar.

"They live..." - Gunnar mutters, then asks directly - "Are you implying that you were not raised within drow society? Were you born on the surface, after your parents escaped?" - He starts mumbling again - "Well, that's certainly a lot less interesting..."

Bartmanhomer
2018-12-31, 04:50 PM
"They live..." - Gunnar mutters, then asks directly - "Are you implying that you were not raised within drow society? Were you born on the surface, after your parents escaped?" - He starts mumbling again - "Well, that's certainly a lot less interesting..."
"No I wasn't raised within the Drow society and yes I was raised in the surface along with a few other Drow families."

Hugh_fromrome
2019-01-02, 10:37 AM
@ Jeremi

Seeing he hasn't found anything else, Jeremi stops to try to sense the weave again.

[roll0] spot and [roll1] listen, as requested.

Also, [roll2] Arcana, to see how the weave is acting

You look and listen around, the fog is rising and then fading away slowly, while you look the horizon you also try yo focus more on the weave and this time you feel the weave is flowing not continuously but rather agitated as a sea during a violent storm, it is not stable, like an horse being tamed the weave is acting wild

@ Sarah, Gunnar and Thelia
At your command the dog starts to sniff around he sit in front of you like like it is waiting for an hint or a trail

"Sounds good," Thelia said, "Ace, find Raziel."
She wasn't sure if it would work, but she could only try.

Schismatic
2019-01-02, 10:46 AM
A'diya encroaches towards the encampment to get a better view of the encampment.

Hide = 11
Spot = 13

farothel
2019-01-02, 05:38 PM
"So far for that idea," Thelia said, "any of you know which way the swamp is? I guess we can find a better trail over there."
While she knew the basics of surviving in the wild, she was by no means an expert and tracking was beyond her.

amanamana
2019-01-03, 08:55 AM
"So far for that idea," Thelia said, "any of you know which way the swamp is? I guess we can find a better trail over there."
While she knew the basics of surviving in the wild, she was by no means an expert and tracking was beyond her.

"Yeah... We take the west path and follow it to the heart of the swamp..." - Gunnar repeats.

Hey, DM, any information on my 2 knowledge checks from my last post?

Hugh_fromrome
2019-01-03, 11:22 AM
@ Gunnar, Sarah and Thelia

you follow the path towards the mire, while you are walking silence descend on you, all of you gazed upon the environment around. Two hours have passed and you reach a small field, lying on the ground three corpses, and Thelia horribly recognizes Brother Malkay. you go near the body to examine it.

please roll Heal, and search for whoever want to scavange

"Yeah... We take the west path and follow it to the heart of the swamp..." - Gunnar repeats.

Hey, DM, any information on my 2 knowledge checks from my last post?

farothel
2019-01-03, 05:45 PM
"Clearly our captain was wrong that brother Malkay had sufficient protection," Thelia said to the others, "let's see if I can figure out what killed him. Just so we know what's around."

She knelt next to the body and checked it out, also checking if he had some things they could use to survive. She did the same thing with the two others, just to be thorough.

heal: [roll0]
search: [roll1]

I've just rolled once for all three bodies. let me know OOC if you want more rolls

Bartmanhomer
2019-01-03, 09:02 PM
"I have a feeling that someone or something is stalking us. What killed him must be still out there." Sarah is looking and listening for hostile enemies.

Spot: [roll0] Listen: [roll1]

sandmote
2019-01-03, 11:38 PM
"Okay, something is definitely up." Jeremi looks around. "What exactly are we looking for here?"

Hugh_fromrome
2019-01-04, 09:47 AM
@ A'diya

you hide behind a bush, you can see one of the brutes, you notice, he is wearing a leather armor and carrying a longsword and a bow, you also have a glimpse of an horn which is tied to his belt, not far from him two figures which not belongs to the gang (your guess), both of them do not carry any weapon or armor (you guess) are looking for something on the ground one of them shout to the other
What exactly are we looking for here, the other one turns in his direction he is an human but from here you cannot see his face, he answer
we are looking for an entrance or a key, below this menhir is an hidden temple full of secrets and treasures. you don't have a clear view of how much of them are for sure.

you see Jeremi and Raziel

A'diya encroaches towards the encampment to get a better view of the encampment.

Hide = 11
Spot = 13

@ Gunnar, Thelia and Sarah

Thelia kneel before the corpses after a while she can identify that all the bodies have died by piercing weapons, while some animals try to scavenge for food but only after all of them have died, she also looks for valuables and she found two potions and a necklace, in the meantime Sarah is listening and seeing around, besides from the sounds of the environment nothing can be heared, Sarah noticed that the grass is bend in a certain direction suggest that someone has already passed here. The path continue in the direction of the swamp and it seems clear.

Farothel you can split or add into your inventory

"Clearly our captain was wrong that brother Malkay had sufficient protection," Thelia said to the others, "let's see if I can figure out what killed him. Just so we know what's around."

She knelt next to the body and checked it out, also checking if he had some things they could use to survive. She did the same thing with the two others, just to be thorough.

heal: [roll0]
search: [roll1]

I've just rolled once for all three bodies. let me know OOC if you want more rolls

"I have a feeling that someone or something is stalking us. What killed him must be still out there." Sarah is looking and listening for hostile enemies.

Spot: [roll0] Listen: [roll1]

@Jeremi

Raziel turn his head towards you and answer
we are looking for an entrance or a key, below this menhir is an hidden temple full of secrets and treasures, you try to sense if he is speaking the thruth
sense motive and spot

"Okay, something is definitely up." Jeremi looks around. "What exactly are we looking for here?"

Bartmanhomer
2019-01-04, 01:18 PM
"Ok someone must have been here already."

sandmote
2019-01-04, 08:06 PM
"Well, something magical is going on."

spot: [roll1]

farothel
2019-01-06, 08:08 AM
"Probably," Thelia said as she showed the two potions and the necklace, "they weren't interested in anything though and neither were the killers, if it's not the same person. Let me quickly check these for magic and then we move on."

She cast a detect magic spell and focused on the three objects. Full identification would have to wait as that spell took quite a long time to cast, but she could at least see if anything was magical and what school, which might give her an idea what it was.

I cast detect magic and focus the required three rounds on each of the three objects. I'll keep them with me for now, but the idea to split it with the party.

Schismatic
2019-01-07, 07:01 AM
She continued to observe the site. Unarmed workers, in general, one sentry with a sounding horn to alert others? Interesting force composition, but she felt she had to be cautious. After all, they did murder three people and even if she might be able to count on the prisoners to assist in their own way, it wasn't exactly on a 1 to 1 basis given they wouldn't be armed or armoured.

She would await a prime time to strike when she and Nyx could be afforded a good few seconds without their reinforcement... allowing them to double back into the swamps and hopefully lead some of them into natural hazards in the process, or create new ambush possibilities.

She continued to observe the site, cautiously drawing her light wooden shield. For better or worse, this hunt ended tonight.

So effectively A'diya and Nyx will launch their attack, starting with the sentry and then tactically withdraw into the swamp, leading possible pursuers into natural hazards (and entangling them to drown/incapacitate them within them) if they press their counter attack. Or to outmaneuver and attack once more from a new attack solution on the camp.

Effectively 'thinning the herd', seeing how the prisoners react, and improvising from there.

Bartmanhomer
2019-01-07, 09:40 PM
"Well whoever or whatever is it, it can't be too far."

Hugh_fromrome
2019-01-08, 06:02 PM
@ Gunnar

As far as you remember the swamp is generally avoided, since the paths for merchant are safer but it is longer. Especially it is reported that sometimes when in desperate need couriers and merchants try to cut through the swamp but some of them got lost or die. there are rumors that in the middle of the swamp a great magical battle has been fough and the environment still has scars.

@ Gunnar , Thelia and Sarah

you wait some minutes while Thelia concentrates on the necklace, it doesn't have any magic aura on it. Then she moves her concentration on the two potions but neither of them has got magical aura.
You resume your journey, after some hours you reach a place which is foggy, the gases rise from pools, it is not warm, but it is cold in front you can see those big constructions, which are clearly man-made.

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/010/386/724/large/luthfi-goya-swamp-menhir.jpg?1524145230

all around you the vegetation offers shelters for hiding, while you enter Sarah and Gunnar feel a shiver going through her spine.

please roll these skill

"Probably," Thelia said as she showed the two potions and the necklace, "they weren't interested in anything though and neither were the killers, if it's not the same person. Let me quickly check these for magic and then we move on."

She cast a detect magic spell and focused on the three objects. Full identification would have to wait as that spell took quite a long time to cast, but she could at least see if anything was magical and what school, which might give her an idea what it was.

I cast detect magic and focus the required three rounds on each of the three objects. I'll keep them with me for now, but the idea to split it with the party.

"Ok someone must have been here already."

Bartmanhomer
2019-01-08, 06:24 PM
"I have a very bad feeling about this." Sarah looks and hide somewhere then she uses her spellcraft skill to see is there any magic involved.

Spot: [roll0] Hide: [roll1] Spellcraft: [roll2]

amanamana
2019-01-08, 09:21 PM
As the group walks into the swamp, Gunnar talks about the stories he heard. He takes on a low-pitched voice, maybe to avoid alerting strangers, maybe to make it more dramatic - "These mires bear the marks of a long gone battle... Great magic was used here and the locals talk of strange things going on the closer you get to the center of the swamp. Some of those who venture too close to the site of the battle are said to never be seen again... That's why most travelers and merchants avoid it and use the wider road around it... Those that don't sometimes don't make it back to their homes."

As they get into the foggy zone, Gunnar readies his shield and a javelin on his free hand, even if the oak shield will make it harder to hide, it's better to be ready.

With his heavy shield, his Armor Check Penalty (ACP) goes from -1 to -3.
Spot - [roll0]
Hide - [roll1]
Spellcraft - [roll2]
Knowledge (Arcana) - [roll3]

farothel
2019-01-09, 11:10 AM
"Sounds interesting," Thelia said as she followed the others, "when we're done with this, you have to tell me more. I'm Always interested in learning more about places."
She looked around and towards the structures, trying to figure out what they were and from what period they might have been.

knowledge (arcana): [roll0]
spellcraft: [roll1]
spot: [roll2]

Hugh_fromrome
2019-01-09, 11:17 AM
@ Jeremi

you sense hope in Raziel's words, he has no idea what is beneath but he believes wonders are beyond the lock, he then went near one of the guards and bounce on him with a lucky shot he is able to pick both daggers which were hanging from the brute belt. Rapidly and luckily he conceals them in his clothes, the very moment the brute turn his face in his direction, and looks Raziel suspiciously, for a moment the time freeze, Raziel Smile Sorry, I didn't want to hurt you the brute snorts Watch your step! Next time you will eat dirt and slowly Raziel come back to you with a smile on his face, he also looks far away in two certain directions.

I think you might need this, for the upcoming battle, you will stand for your freedom right or either it is useful for suicide?

he hands you a knife

you can add knife to your inventory

"Well, something magical is going on."

spot: [roll1]

@ A'diya

you are waiting for an opportunity to attack, you silently draw your weapons and set your mind ready, one blow one kills no noise. The two prisoners are speaking while one of them go towards a guards and trip on him, the guards turn his face on him, he says something , but you can't hear then he go back to the other captive and while speaking with him he glance in your direction, your eyes met, and you shiver he saw you then rapidly he glance in another direction.

you can choose to spot in the prisoner direction or in the other direction the one which is looking Raziel, choose and good luck

She continued to observe the site. Unarmed workers, in general, one sentry with a sounding horn to alert others? Interesting force composition, but she felt she had to be cautious. After all, they did murder three people and even if she might be able to count on the prisoners to assist in their own way, it wasn't exactly on a 1 to 1 basis given they wouldn't be armed or armoured.

She would await a prime time to strike when she and Nyx could be afforded a good few seconds without their reinforcement... allowing them to double back into the swamps and hopefully lead some of them into natural hazards in the process, or create new ambush possibilities.

She continued to observe the site, cautiously drawing her light wooden shield. For better or worse, this hunt ended tonight.

So effectively A'diya and Nyx will launch their attack, starting with the sentry and then tactically withdraw into the swamp, leading possible pursuers into natural hazards (and entangling them to drown/incapacitate them within them) if they press their counter attack. Or to outmaneuver and attack once more from a new attack solution on the camp.

Effectively 'thinning the herd', seeing how the prisoners react, and improvising from there.

Hugh_fromrome
2019-01-09, 11:26 AM
@ Sarah
you sense the weave around you is not how you know it, it has something different and in an instant you are aware that all of you are standing in a wild magic zone, from your studies you know that in this particular zone the magic is instable and casting spells in these places might be very dangerous

@ Gunnar

you see your friend Raziel as a captive while the other captive looks like the musician which has played yesterday evening in the tavern

@ Gunnar, Sarah and Thelia

you see between the thieves two captives, one is the Eastern man, Raziel, he moves towards a guard and bumps on him, the guards turn his head and shout

Watch your step! Next time you will eat dirt

next to him another captive which is observing the situation. then the Eastern man go back to his "friend" and hand him something, he then looks towards the mire and then he looks in your direction, all of you are aware that he has spotted you.

"I have a very bad feeling about this." Sarah looks and hide somewhere then she uses her spellcraft skill to see is there any magic involved.

Spot: [roll0] Hide: [roll1] Spellcraft: [roll2]

As the group walks into the swamp, Gunnar talks about the stories he heard. He takes on a low-pitched voice, maybe to avoid alerting strangers, maybe to make it more dramatic - "These mires bear the marks of a long gone battle... Great magic was used here and the locals talk of strange things going on the closer you get to the center of the swamp. Some of those who venture too close to the site of the battle are said to never be seen again... That's why most travelers and merchants avoid it and use the wider road around it... Those that don't sometimes don't make it back to their homes."

As they get into the foggy zone, Gunnar readies his shield and a javelin on his free hand, even if the oak shield will make it harder to hide, it's better to be ready.

With his heavy shield, his Armor Check Penalty (ACP) goes from -1 to -3.
Spot - [roll0]
Hide - [roll1]
Spellcraft - [roll2]
Knowledge (Arcana) - [roll3]

"Sounds interesting," Thelia said as she followed the others, "when we're done with this, you have to tell me more. I'm Always interested in learning more about places."
She looked around and towards the structures, trying to figure out what they were and from what period they might have been.

knowledge (arcana): [roll0]
spellcraft: [roll1]
spot: [roll2]

Bartmanhomer
2019-01-09, 11:47 AM
"I think we're at a wild magic zone. Around in this area magic is very unstable to cast. Thelia, we better not risk using our magic there." :eek:

sandmote
2019-01-09, 09:16 PM
"Er, Thank you," Jeremi whispers as he puts the dagger into his clothing.

I'm not sure I need a sleight of hand check, but if anyone attempts to search Jeremi: [roll0]

Schismatic
2019-01-10, 01:55 AM
Preparing herself for the fight to come to makes one last look at the encampment before psyching herself for combat. At that moment of cold adrenaline realizing she had been spotted and moves to the offensive.

"Ie'mustza in-hanah!" She intoned in the tongue of the Drueidan born when they heard the trees speak and translated the very creak of their roots burrowing through earth, and when the first-heard winds and waters broke against primordial rock.

Spot = 9

Casting Produce Flame and sharespelling with Nyx.

Nyx will on her initiative attack the sentry with one blast this turn. Will move with her animal companion back into the swamp if the sentry is killed.

Bartmanhomer
2019-01-10, 12:35 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

farothel
2019-01-10, 02:14 PM
Thelia didn't like people taking other people captive. She could tolerate it when authorities did it with criminals, but that wasn't the case here. As they hadn't seen her and her group yet, she decided to help them with a bit of preparation, which might help her team. So she started casting before taking her bow.

I'm casting bless, which gives myself and allies within 50ft of myself (so I guess Gunnar and Sarah) a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saving throws against fear effects for 1 minute.

Bartmanhomer
2019-01-11, 08:06 AM
Sarah bring out her light crossbow. Now Sarah shoot her light crossbow against the enemy.

Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Critical:
Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

amanamana
2019-01-11, 08:57 AM
Seeing the others getting ready to spring into action, Gunnar reacts quickly. He steps forward and let the javelin in his hand fly, in one swift motion. It's a long shot, but better than just watch.

"SURRENDER!"

The enemy at 18m is 1 javelin range increment away, giving -2 to the throw. The +1 granted by the Bless is accounted for.

Free action: 5-foot step ahead.
Standard Action: Javelin +2 -2 +1 - [roll0]

In case it's a crit threat:
Crit confirmation roll - [roll1]

In case it hits and it's not a crit, Gunnar will spend an Inspiration Point into Cunning Insight to get +Int into damage, for a +3. In case it's a confirmed crit, there will be no Inspiration Point expenditure and you just double the damage:
Damage - [roll2]

Schismatic
2019-01-12, 06:51 AM
Nyx barks at a gout of flame from A'diya's produce flame. And strikes the nearest enemy to A'diya and herself given the instinctual predilection to attack the closest foe rather than the furthest away.

[roll0]+1 fire damage.

To hit = 23 (crit)
Crit con. = 7 (likely fail)

Hugh_fromrome
2019-01-14, 03:26 AM
@ Thelia, Gunnar and Sarah

Thelia invokes her God's blessing and all of you feel stronger and inspired, Gunnar throws his Javelin aiming to the nearest foe. the throw is not aimed well and the javelin lands few meters from the opponent, missed. He is now looking at you. Sarah worried from the outcome of the wild magic zones aim her crossbow to the same enemy but her inexperience with fighting grants her a missed shot. all of you can see from the other side of the bushes another person charging with a wolf by her side.

Thelia didn't like people taking other people captive. She could tolerate it when authorities did it with criminals, but that wasn't the case here. As they hadn't seen her and her group yet, she decided to help them with a bit of preparation, which might help her team. So she started casting before taking her bow.

I'm casting bless, which gives myself and allies within 50ft of myself (so I guess Gunnar and Sarah) a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saving throws against fear effects for 1 minute.

Seeing the others getting ready to spring into action, Gunnar reacts quickly. He steps forward and let the javelin in his hand fly, in one swift motion. It's a long shot, but better than just watch.

"SURRENDER!"

The enemy at 18m is 1 javelin range increment away, giving -2 to the throw. The +1 granted by the Bless is accounted for.

Free action: 5-foot step ahead.

In case it hits and it's not a crit, Gunnar will spend an Inspiration Point into Cunning Insight to get +Int into damage, for a +3. In case it's a confirmed crit, there will be no Inspiration Point expenditure and you just double the damage:
Damage - [roll2]

Sarah bring out her light crossbow. Now Sarah shoot her light crossbow against the enemy.

Critical:

@ A'diya

you invokes the power of the fire and you can feel the warmth of your new weapon envelope your hands, you are waiting for the best occasion to strike when you see a Javellin fliying. this is your moment and you without esitation attacks the nearest foe. with a single blow he fall to the ground.

Nyx barks at a gout of flame from A'diya's produce flame. And strikes the nearest enemy to A'diya and herself given the instinctual predilection to attack the closest foe rather than the furthest away.

[roll0]+1 fire damage.

To hit = 23 (crit)
Crit con. = 7 (likely fail)

@ Everyone

Thelia
Gunnar
Guard 1 (dead)
Jeremi
Guard 2 (dead)
Leader (injured)
Sarah
A'diya
Guard 3 (Dead)
Guard 4 (dead)

https://imgur.com/PyPrGRU

Guards order is clockwise

farothel
2019-01-14, 09:45 AM
With the preliminary casting out of the way, Thelia decided that it was time to join the fight. As she wasn't the best fighter, she decided to use her bow for now. She took a shot at the nearest guard, trying to take him out quickly.

attack roll: [roll0]

crit confirm (if needed): [roll1]

damage: [roll2]
if crit, the above roll times 3

amanamana
2019-01-14, 10:52 PM
Seeing the unexpected ally showing up, Gunnar gets more confident, but is still not sure if this group is well prepared for things turning ugly. Nevertheless, he reaches for his second javelin in the back quiver, throwing it at the same man.

"You are surrounded!" - He yells, hoping to shake their resolve, but probably not even being understood.

Move Action: Draw his second javelin.

Damage - [roll2]

Bartmanhomer
2019-01-14, 11:02 PM
Sarah reloads her light crossbow and shoot the enemy with her light crossbow.

Critical:

Hugh_fromrome
2019-01-15, 01:35 PM
@ Sarah, Gunnar and Thelia

Thelia aims at the nearest guard but the guard got lucky and the arrow flies past his hair, he looks at Thelia, shouting to her You miss... but her words are stopped by Gunnar's javelin which finds its way through the enemy's torso, the guard is astonished and tries to remove the weapon from his chest, but he bends on his knees and lays on the ground, blood flow from his body.

With the preliminary casting out of the way, Thelia decided that it was time to join the fight. As she wasn't the best fighter, she decided to use her bow for now. She took a shot at the nearest guard, trying to take him out quickly.

attack roll: [roll0]

crit confirm (if needed): [roll1]

damage: [roll2]
if crit, the above roll times 3

Seeing the unexpected ally showing up, Gunnar gets more confident, but is still not sure if this group is well prepared for things turning ugly. Nevertheless, he reaches for his second javelin in the back quiver, throwing it at the same man.

"You are surrounded!" - He yells, hoping to shake their resolve, but probably not even being understood.

Move Action: Draw his second javelin.

Damage - [roll2]

@ Jeremi

You see one of the guards running towards the woman which has emerged from the bushes, the man pass near to you, you still have your hand holding the knife and you have a quick opportunity to draw it and try to harm the enemy or punch him.

Roll attack of opportunity then you can roll your attack

sandmote
2019-01-15, 04:03 PM
Seeing the guard passing, and assuming he is going to attack the strangers, Jeremi lashes out at him.

[roll0] for [roll1]

on a 19 or 20: [roll2] for [roll3]

Hugh_fromrome
2019-01-18, 01:41 AM
@ Jeremi
you try to hit your target, but he is swifter than you and passes you by and your target is heading towards the girl.

now post your action

you see the guard which has passed you, plus Raziel and the Leader of the thugs, you also see the other group which has emerged from the vegetation fighiting the enemies

Seeing the guard passing, and assuming he is going to attack the strangers, Jeremi lashes out at him.

[roll0] for [roll1]

on a 19 or 20: [roll2] for [roll3]

sandmote
2019-01-19, 11:00 PM
"Welp, I'm off." Jeremi moves toward the strangers, and casts Summon Instrument to summon a Hurdy-Gurdy.

Sorry for the delay

Hugh_fromrome
2019-01-20, 06:02 PM
@ Jeremi

"Welp, I'm off." Jeremi moves toward the strangers, and casts Summon Instrument to summon a Hurdy-Gurdy.

Sorry for the delay

You try to focus on your spell while all around you the battle is raging, to give your help you need an instrument. you focus in your mind an Hurdy Gurdy, close your eyes and imagine the instruments while casting the spell, you can feel the weave moving like a tide, is not how it has to be and it is retreating from you backward, then you can feel the weave coming towards to you like a gigantic weave, you feel uncomfortable it tramples you. You open your eyes, and you are alone around you the environment is changed, no more puddles and bad smell rising from the mires, all is green and the sun give its energy to the surroundings, you can feel the warmth. There are two figures not too far from you. one is a male human with short brown hair, he is slender but you are too far away to see his face, he is dressed like a traveler but his clothes looks very expensive, he sitting on a rock he is eating an apple next to him a Lute. Opposite of the man a woman, she has black hair and she is wearing leather armor, she is armed with two short swords in her hands.

You fool! you are not get away with this! you can't give away forbidden knowledge to them, things that are not meant to be known must be forgotten! say the woman

the man barely moves he keep on biting his apple. you notice the menhir around them but they look different, full of colored signs of a forgotten language

I didn't give them anything I just point them in the right direction! they are formidable, beneath us there is a work of art and they are ready for this

the woman vanishes into thin air, while the man is still seated you try to speak to him, but no words come out of your mouth. All of a sudden the man lift his lute and uses it as a spear he plays a couple of notes and from the earth, a wall made of flame rises, the woman breaks through the wall with her swords and the man with the instruments deflects her blows. Surprisingly the woman vanishes again and stabs the man from behind you can see the swords going through the man's chest.

the man laugh hard

that's it! a hell of a blow one, congratulation you got me! but remember our struggle has just started, you don't have to put all of your effort to kill me or the silver lady might be jealous of our close relationship, family first remember

the woman shouts loudly while the man laughs harder.

your vision vanishes and you are still in the battleground but casting this spell make you feel strange.

Please roll a Level check, 1d20+0, if less than 15 then roll a 1d100

sandmote
2019-01-21, 12:28 AM
Jeremi Struggles to follow what he's seeing.
[roll0]

If less than 15, [roll1]

Hugh_fromrome
2019-01-24, 05:26 PM
@Jeremi

You realize how to tame the big energy that is surrounding the place and achieve to materialize the instrument , an hurdy gurdy appear into your hands exactly as you have imagined it

Jeremi Struggles to follow what he's seeing.
[roll0]

If less than 15, [roll1]

@ Everyone

Fiercely the second guard moves towards Gunnar's direction, he tries to advance without running and keeping his shield on, while the leader more disciplinated he take out a composite bow and aim at A'diya , he takes aim and a projectile runs trhough the air missing A'diya.

Sarah it is your turn

Bartmanhomer
2019-01-24, 05:42 PM
Sarah now targets the Guard Leader. She shoots the Guard Leader with her Light Crossbow.

Critical:

Schismatic
2019-01-25, 05:20 AM
A'diya and Nyx run to the Menhir nearest to them, under obvious fire and wishing to negate that fact. Slamming her back into the solid surface and pulling Nyx closer to her. Steadying her animal companion.

"Give it up! You're beaten!" She called out to the bandit leader

Hugh_fromrome
2019-01-25, 07:23 AM
Sarah now targets the Guard Leader. She shoots the Guard Leader with her Light Crossbow.

Critical:

A'diya and Nyx run to the Menhir nearest to them, under obvious fire and wishing to negate that fact. Slamming her back into the solid surface and pulling Nyx closer to her. Steadying her animal companion.

"Give it up! You're beaten!" She called out to the bandit leader

Sarah try to take aim at the leader, but the distance is too much and her shot is not very aimed, the bolts missed and lands far beyond its target, while one of the Guard tries to enter close combat with A'diya, unfortunately there is too much space between A'diya and and he just manage to get near you, he draw his sword and shield ready to attack in the next moments.

Never!! Brother's Slaughter them all!! roars the leader try to incite his teammates.

Thelia's turn
refer to the images i did not updated the distances , but if you need i can tell, so G4 is now 12 meters from A'diya, also A'diya has full protection from missile attack

https://imgur.com/OeLRrat

farothel
2019-01-25, 11:35 AM
'Well, so much for that,' Thelia thought to herself as she leveled her bow at the leader, 'if you don't want to hear, you must feel.'
She let go an Arrow in his direction.

shoot the leader: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

critical: [roll2]
damage: x3

Hugh_fromrome
2019-01-25, 05:20 PM
Thelia shoots a missile out of her bow, the arrow flies towards its target but the leader is quick enough to avoid being hit. the missile lands far from its intended target you can feel the eyes of the leader fixed on you , next target might be you.

Gunnar's turn

also, I have updated the map, inside the brown area is a terrain difficult to move through, so in that area, it is not possible to go in charge is it considered a difficult terrain so character moves half their speed

for the map check here https://imgur.com/5vyDcfK

'Well, so much for that,' Thelia thought to herself as she leveled her bow at the leader, 'if you don't want to hear, you must feel.'
She let go an Arrow in his direction.

shoot the leader: [roll0]

damage: x3

amanamana
2019-01-25, 07:41 PM
Gunnar looks at the two elves around him - "Let's get closer to them, at the edge of the muddy area. We can pepper them with missiles while they wallow in the mud. I will retrieve my javelins and get closer to the edge."

He runs towards the fallen guard to retrieve both his javelins, yelling to the prisioners - "Help us help you!" - Suddenly realizing he should work harder on his pep talk.

He uses a full move, running if necessary (although it's probably only a double move), to where his javelins are.

Hugh_fromrome
2019-01-27, 05:12 AM
The guard (G1) moves towards his companion (G4) even though their distance is not that much the puddles slowed is movements, while moving he draws his sword.

Jeremi's turn

sandmote
2019-01-27, 08:15 PM
Jeremi Continues moving toward the strangers. Seeing the men between the himself and the others, he heads toward the human and the wolf.

Beginning to play his instrument, he uses his inspire competence on himself, as well as the pair nearest to him (If he's moved for two turns at half speed, that's about 12 meters).

That's a +1 bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls for Jeremi, A'diya, and Nyx.

amanamana
2019-01-28, 10:04 AM
I know it's not my turn, but I'm used to short messages out of turn in-character in PBP games, just to coordinate actions (cause this is usually how it goes in pen & paper gaming). If this is a problem to our DM, please ignore the following.

Seeing the other prisoner running towards their surprise ally and her wolf, Gunnar shouts to Sarah and Thelia - "Get closer to the girl with the wolfdog! Back her up! If we meet her and the prisoner, we can take these guys faster. Keep shooting the ones closer to the edge of the muddy ground. We should focus fire on the ones getting closer, not shooting the ones in the back!"

Hugh_fromrome
2019-01-29, 04:59 PM
The Guard (G2) moves towards Jeremi, the mud is blocking his way through the path, so he is able only to get closer, while the Leader now is aiming in Gunnar's direction.

you can feel his aim on the target and in the blink of an eye a projectile sparks from his bow, luckily for you, looks like he is not very proficient with his aim and the arrow dramatically missed the target, you follow it going far away and the tension that you had experienced while endangered now release in a spark of adrenaline which caresses your spine

Gunnar's retrieve his javellin and also speaking is free action as long as you don't take any action :smallbiggrin:

now it is Sarah , A'diya and Nyx turn

Bartmanhomer
2019-01-29, 05:35 PM
Sarah follows Gunnar. She moves 30 ft.

Schismatic
2019-01-29, 09:45 PM
Whether she liked it or not combat was upon them and decisiveness was needed. She ringed to the west (mapwise) to G4 while drawing her scimitar and with a sharp whistle Nyx'd ring them to the east, instinctually fighting as if a wolf pack by first encircling the prey and flanking him and leaving them no place to move without potential mauling. Now the pair locked into a would be brutal melee with the guard.

Nyx begins her assualt against the flanked foe, leaping with a savage snarl...

Nyx vs. G4

(d20)[17](17) + 5 = 22

If crit

(d20)[1](1) + 5

If hit, trip attempt.

(d20)[18](18) + 1 = 19

damage...

(1d6)[5](5) + 1 = 6

If crit

+ (d6)[4](4) + 1

A'diya with the deadly scimitar would follow in turn, lunging forward with the curved blade soon after...

A'diya

(d20)[10](10) + 2/6 if trip attempt succeeds.... = 12 OR 16 if trip succeeds

If crit

(d20)[4](4) + 2/6

damage

(d6)[4](4) = 4

If crit...

+ (d6)[1](1)

farothel
2019-01-30, 02:35 AM
With everybody moving towards the other person and her dog, She also moved that way, but first she shot an Arrow at the leader before moving to some cover.

first standard action: attack
[roll0]

if treat, check for crit: [roll2]
if crit, damage x3

then move action: move up to 20ft, but she will stop at the first cover (boulder, tree) she can get behind. If there is nothing, she will move the full 20ft

amanamana
2019-01-30, 06:13 AM
Gunnar's retrieve his javellin (...)

With his javelins in hand, Gunnar quickly assess the battefield, making notes on where his enemies and allies are, just as the bandit leader's arrow flies by his head, whistling. He then runs around the menhir, by the dry land, getting closer to their new ally and putting some cover between him and some of his enemies.

Hugh_fromrome
2019-01-30, 06:50 AM
Whether she liked it or not combat was upon them and decisiveness was needed. She ringed to the west (mapwise) to G4 while drawing her scimitar and with a sharp whistle Nyx'd ring them to the east, instinctually fighting as if a wolf pack by first encircling the prey and flanking him and leaving them no place to move without potential mauling. Now the pair locked into a would be brutal melee with the guard.

Nyx begins her assualt against the flanked foe, leaping with a savage snarl...

Nyx vs. G4

(d20)[17](17) + 5 = 22

If crit

(d20)[1](1) + 5

If hit, trip attempt.

(d20)[18](18) + 1 = 19

damage...

(1d6)[5](5) + 1 = 6

If crit

+ (d6)[4](4) + 1

A'diya with the deadly scimitar would follow in turn, lunging forward with the curved blade soon after...

A'diya

(d20)[10](10) + 2/6 if trip attempt succeeds.... = 12 OR 16 if trip succeeds

If crit

(d20)[4](4) + 2/6

damage

(d6)[4](4) = 4

If crit...

+ (d6)[1](1)

With everybody moving towards the other person and her dog, She also moved that way, but first she shot an Arrow at the leader before moving to some cover.

first standard action: attack
[roll0]

if treat, check for crit: [roll2]
if crit, damage x3

then move action: move up to 20ft, but she will stop at the first cover (boulder, tree) she can get behind. If there is nothing, she will move the full 20ft

Nyx jumps over the enemy and manages to deliver a deadly bite on the enemies neck while struggling for his life A'diya put an end to it with her scimitar. the man hit the ground and blood fills the nearby puddles.

Thelia takes time to aim at the leader and she launches the arrow which flies next to Gunnar and hit the Leader on his hip. for a moment he struggled to stay on his foot and Gunnar can see the wound starts bleeding.

the Guard (G1) with his swords in his hands continue his movements to help his friend (G4) he arrives near him but stop in order to avoid any attack from both A'diya and Nyx, cautious but ready to react.

Jeremi Turn, this evening I will update the battlefield image, but if you have any question, post it in the OOC threads

sandmote
2019-01-31, 11:54 PM
Jeremi continues on same path (toward the nearest strangers) playing as he does so. Despite being fairly loud, he hopes the guards can't actually tell who he's helping if he stays quiet.

Hugh_fromrome
2019-02-01, 11:10 AM
https://imgur.com/GDMo3Pd

The Guard move forward and slowly towards the trio, Gunnar, Sarah, and Thelia, he is close from you, he studies the situation, meanwhile behind him the leader fires an arrow towards Thelia, but the arrows flies away without hitting the predetermined target

ok now turn of Sarah, a'diya Nyx , thelia and gunnar

Bartmanhomer
2019-02-01, 12:37 PM
Sarah focuses on Guard 2. She reloads and shoots Guard 2 with her light crossbow.

Critical:

Schismatic
2019-02-01, 02:45 PM
"U~ra!" She screams out successfully, as she tears the blade from the flesh of the prey. She lowered her shoulders and head, staring at the enemy guard near them. Bearing her canines savagely as she immediately darted to the side of the prey near her, as Nyx immediately registered more prey yet to be dispatched.

A twin assault as Nyx snarled and tried to tear at G1's calves and bring them low as A'diya immediately swept forward with her with the blood drenched scimitar in her grip, attempting to plant it straight into their gut.

On dice roll thread...

Nyx v G1

(d20)[12](12) + 3 + 2(flanking) + 1 (Jeremi) = 18

If crit (nat 20)...

(d20)[9](9) + 6

If hit, auto trip attempt...

(d20)[12](12) + 1 = 13

Damage

(d6)[1](1) + 2 = 3

If crit ....

+ (d6)[4](4) + 2

A'diya v G1

(d20)[20](20) + 2 (flanking) + 1 (Jeremi) + 4 if target is tripped = 23 OR 27

if crit (18-20)

(d20)[6](6) + 3/7 = 9 OR 13

Damage

(d6)[4](4) + 1 (Jeremi) = 5

if crit...

+ (d6)[5](5) + 1 = 11

farothel
2019-02-02, 07:18 AM
Thelia continued doing what she had been doing before, moving closer to the others and shooting at the leader of the group. She hoped that if he was taken out, the rest would flee and this fight would end. Then they could liberate any other prisoners and get back to the city. She did make a mental note to come back to check out this location, as it seemed quite interesting.

So she stepped out of her cover, shot another Arrow at the leader and ran to the next bit of cover.

I do a 5ft step, shoot an Arrow at the leader and then run maximum 20ft to the next bit of cover, just like the previous round.

attack: [roll0]

amanamana
2019-02-02, 05:43 PM
Seeing the bandit approaching, Gunnar stands his ground, shield ready, and hurls a javelin at him, as he enters his range. Immediately after the javelin takes to the air, he draws his longsword, in one swift motion.

After a lot of talk, he gets silent as the tension of an incoming enemy for the first time since he moved here gets to him.

The enemy is now at 8m apparently, which is within javelin range. The +1 granted by the Bless is accounted for.

Standard Action: Throw Javelin +2 +1 - [roll0]

In case it hits and it's not a crit, Gunnar will spend an Inspiration Point into Cunning Insight to get +Int into damage, for a +3. Damage - [roll2]

In case it's a confirmed crit, there will be no Inspiration Point expenditure and you consider this damage roll:
Damage - [roll3]

EDIT:

Seeing the last of the bandit leader's minions fall to a crossbow bolt, Gunnar raises his shield, with one javelin in hand, and circles the muddy area, looking for a better spot to shoot the leader from. Keeping enough space to avoid beeing charged at by the thug, he calls his allies - "Come with me and give me cover. Let's end this."

As he moves around the puddles, he yells to his newfound enemy - "You are alone! Surrender!

Double move avoiding the difficult terrain to get closer to the leader, but not allowing him a straight line to charge me at my new destination.

Hugh_fromrome
2019-02-05, 10:17 AM
while Gunnar advances towards the Leader he sees all of his companions drop dead one by one, also his injuries are crying for surrender, overwhelmed by the events he drops on his knees, dropping arrows and bow, you can hear a thud in the mud.

Forgive my weakness Nightsinger he says in a low voice, I give up, you won, Spare my life! he asks, eyes and head down he begs for mercy.

Gunnar knowledge religion

ok so roll a search but declare on which bodies you are searching, automatically Jeremi and Raziel recover their equipment, except for the flute, which is in A'diya's bag (as far as I remember, later I will check)

Bartmanhomer
2019-02-05, 10:38 AM
"That outcome was a lot easier than I expected to be and I didn't need to use any arcane magic at all for it." :smile: Sarah was happy how the outcome turned out. She approached to the slain body of Guard 2 that she killed. She search to see if there any treasure from Guard 2

Search: [roll0]

amanamana
2019-02-05, 12:06 PM
Gunnar will take 10 on the Knowledge (Religion) check, for a net 15. With whichever information he gets, he will be able to discuss it with Thelia, whom he believes will have a deeper knowledge on the subject.

With his shield still ready and the javelin held in a high stance, Gunnar approaches the bandit leader. As he gets close to the guy, he kicks the thug's weapons away from him. Circling behind him, he says, firmly - "Get on your knees, take your armor off and then lay down on the floor again. We better not find any hidden weapons on you either... That's your chance to do it the easy way."

If the criminal is doing as he was told, Gunnar looks over to Raziel for second, barely taking his eyes from the enemy - "You alright there, buddy?" - If Raziel looks alright, his tone gets a little more sarcastic - "What in the Nine Hells were you thinking, you crazy southerner? As my mentor would say, you never drink and dungeon delve unless you are a dwarf... And you don't look hirsute enough."

If his allies are getting closer, he speaks up - "We should take this guy and whoever else is alive back to the city and handle them to the guards... And, if I'm going to be on the frontline, dibs on this guy's chainmail."

farothel
2019-02-05, 01:15 PM
"Sure, I have better," Thelia said as she quickly searched for the arrows she missed, as she didn't have all that many. Then she walked up to A'diya, Jeremi and Raziel, but first she told Ace, the bloodhound they still had with them, to stay. She'd rather not have the two dogs attack each other.

"Hey, I'm Thelia, cleric of Labelas Enoreth," she told them, "anybody needs some healing?"

sandmote
2019-02-05, 08:27 PM
Picking what he can find of his stuff, Jeremi turns around. "Uh, I'm Jeremi. Thanks for the rescue. I think I'm okay on healing." Distractedly, he continues searching.

searching whomever had Jeremi's stuff: [roll0]

Schismatic
2019-02-06, 03:01 AM
She was a little hesitant by the strangers, issuing Nyx close to her until Thelia spoke. She paused and tilted her head, regarding her as if curious animal would an intruder into its realm. She realized she should probably speak, as a slight hue of embarassed pink took her cheeks. She wasn't exactly used to talking with anybody but her wolf.

"A'diya, this is Nyx." She said simply enough. A single wag of the wolf's tail as it heard its name.

She flicked her blade of most of the blood and sheathed it. Reaching into her pack and producing Raziel's bracelet and Jeremi's flute, holding them out in her right hand.

"Were you people tracking these captives, as well?" She queried.

sandmote
2019-02-06, 03:34 PM
Upon seeing the flute, Jeremi becomes very happy and exclaims, "I was one of those captives!"

He rapidly comes over, paying no attention to anything around him. "Might I have the flute back?"

Schismatic
2019-02-06, 03:41 PM
She offered it freely, extending her hand out and waiting for Jeremi to collect it.

"I knew it was one of you. I figured you and Raziel dropped your personal effects to help lead others here." She murmured. "It was a pretty blatant trail you were leaving, though what do you know of the three murdered people on the road? Was it these people's doing?" She looked to the bandit leader.

farothel
2019-02-06, 04:38 PM
"I was actually looking for father Malkay," Thelia said, "he was one of the three dead people."
She looked at the bandit leader.
"YOu killed those people," she asked, "the monk and his two guards?"

Hugh_fromrome
2019-02-07, 12:59 PM
"That outcome was a lot easier than I expected to be and I didn't need to use any arcane magic at all for it." :smile: Sarah was happy how the outcome turned out. She approached to the slain body of Guard 2 that she killed. She search to see if there any treasure from Guard 2

Search: [roll0]
you try to look for something useful amongst his valuables, his weapons are nearly corroded and his armor is not suitable for you, and it is so consumed that it could barely have real value, anyway in his satchel you find a book, it is a poetry book, there is a bookmarks, in those pages there are handwritten verses, you read them , and they are quite good.

armor and weapons are not worth picking it up, but you can add the poetry book

Picking what he can find of his stuff, Jeremi turns around. "Uh, I'm Jeremi. Thanks for the rescue. I think I'm okay on healing." Distractedly, he continues searching.

searching whomever had Jeremi's stuff: [roll0]
you are already aware of where your stuff is, so you have no diffi

"I was actually looking for father Malkay," Thelia said, "he was one of the three dead people."
She looked at the bandit leader.
"YOu killed those people," she asked, "the monk and his two guards?"

the leader broken in his spirit with a feeble voice answer you Yes, we ambush them, they were defenseless and the monk died first swiftly, he mumbles something about divine punishment

She offered it freely, extending her hand out and waiting for Jeremi to collect it.

"I knew it was one of you. I figured you and Raziel dropped your personal effects to help lead others here." She murmured. "It was a pretty blatant trail you were leaving, though what do you know of the three murdered people on the road? Was it these people's doing?" She looked to the bandit leader.

as I said to your companion we ambush them, easy prey, but unfortunately, they were poor

Gunnar will take 10 on the Knowledge (Religion) check, for a net 15. With whichever information he gets, he will be able to discuss it with Thelia, whom he believes will have a deeper knowledge on the subject.

With his shield still ready and the javelin held in a high stance, Gunnar approaches the bandit leader. As he gets close to the guy, he kicks the thug's weapons away from him. Circling behind him, he says, firmly - "Get on your knees, take your armor off and then lay down on the floor again. We better not find any hidden weapons on you either... That's your chance to do it the easy way."

If the criminal is doing as he was told, Gunnar looks over to Raziel for second, barely taking his eyes from the enemy - "You alright there, buddy?" - If Raziel looks alright, his tone gets a little more sarcastic - "What in the Nine Hells were you thinking, you crazy southerner? As my mentor would say, you never drink and dungeon delve unless you are a dwarf... And you don't look hirsute enough."

Raziel Emerges from his hideout when all the troubles are finished, he is very happy to see youEasy friend! that's my plan, more or less, so after we drink, I realize where this ancient ruins might be, so I couldn't resist the call for adventure and I left the place in a hurry! but these brutes find me and take me captive, then I woke up next to him tied to a tree he points his finger towards Jeremi, when all the party gathers around him, he stops tell you the story and looks amazed around him.

Well, Gunnar, looks like you gathered quite a party with you, so I will tell you the truth, below this mire, there are treasures and secrets, but the only thing missing is key, kind of shaped piece of rock, with magical properties, did you find it?

If his allies are getting closer, he speaks up - "We should take this guy and whoever else is alive back to the city and handle them to the guards... And, if I'm going to be on the frontline, dibs on this guy's chainmail."

the leader took off his armor , it is a chainmail and it looks like it could fit you perfectly

sandmote
2019-02-07, 02:21 PM
Upon hearing the leader's statement, Jeremi becomes visibly nervous. "I'm afraid I wasn't aware of this. I was looking for some treasure for my family, and they ambushed me as well."

Bartmanhomer
2019-02-07, 03:40 PM
"Oh look a poetry book. I'm keeping this book." :biggrin: Sarah keep the poetry book.

farothel
2019-02-07, 04:05 PM
"Sure, go ahead," Thelia said to Sarah, before turning to Raziel, "secrets you say. Sounds interesting. By the way, do you know anything about this site here?"
Now the fight was over, she had some time to have a look around the site. Keeping half an eye on the bandit leader, she did look around.

Bartmanhomer
2019-02-07, 04:39 PM
"Yes we're all ears." :smile:

Sense Motive: [roll0]

Schismatic
2019-02-07, 04:53 PM
She did some calculations in her head. Looking at them in turn as she scratched a more wary Nyx behind the ears to let her know it was safe

"We have 8 mouths to feed, 10 if we include the pet and criminal." She pointed to Thelia's bloodhound and their captive. "Me and Nyx can't guarantee we'll produce enough food for all of you. We're two days from a human den, but if you're all planning on spending the night we had best take inventory and travel light." She instructed.

amanamana
2019-02-07, 05:11 PM
Raziel Emerges from his hideout when all the troubles are finished, he is very happy to see youEasy friend! that's my plan, more or less, so after we drink, I realize where this ancient ruins might be, so I couldn't resist the call for adventure and I left the place in a hurry! but these brutes find me and take me captive, then I woke up next to him tied to a tree he points his finger towards Jeremi, when all the party gathers around him, he stops tell you the story and looks amazed around him.

Well, Gunnar, looks like you gathered quite a party with you, so I will tell you the truth, below this mire, there are treasures and secrets, but the only thing missing is key, kind of shaped piece of rock, with magical properties, did you find it?

Gunnar looks at the people he met hours ago and then nods to the two he just met - "Yeah... It's quite a party! I'll be sure to learn all your names. Hehehe..." - He turns to Raziel again - "Well... I found no rock, key-shaped or otherwise. I found your book, though. I mean... She found it" - He points at Sarah - "But she dropped when she was being clocked in the head by the guards. Maybe one of the bandits or the three dead guys back there had it?"

He looks at Jeremi - "Were you that guy playing the flute last night in the tavern? You're quite good!"

farothel
2019-02-08, 10:51 AM
"Maybe we can split up," Thelia said, "two or three of us bring the prisoner and the dog back to the city and then come back, while the rest stays here and starts looking for that key. We can also bring more rations from the city."

Hugh_fromrome
2019-02-08, 12:01 PM
@ Everyone
actually I think one of you have the key, already, check your inventory:smalltongue:

sense motive : He is not lying

Shar, you remembered the name of the goddess

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b6/Cristofano_dell%27altissimo%2C_saladino%2C_ante_15 68_-_Serie_Gioviana.jpg

"Sure, go ahead," Thelia said to Sarah, before turning to Raziel, "secrets you say. Sounds interesting. By the way, do you know anything about this site here?"
Now the fight was over, she had some time to have a look around the site. Keeping half an eye on the bandit leader, she did look around.

Gunnar looks at the people he met hours ago and then nods to the two he just met - "Yeah... It's quite a party! I'll be sure to learn all your names. Hehehe..." - He turns to Raziel again - "Well... I found no rock, key-shaped or otherwise. I found your book, though. I mean... She found it" - He points at Sarah - "But she dropped when she was being clocked in the head by the guards. Maybe one of the bandits or the three dead guys back there had it?"

He looks at Jeremi - "Were you that guy playing the flute last night in the tavern? You're quite good!"

Raziel lose eye contact with Gunnar and find more interesting what is Thelia asking

First let me introduce myself, my name is Raziel son of the Gran Vizier Azamat, nice to meet you all! So about the history of this place, well these rocks are a kind of device, I have just a slight idea of what it could be. Keep in mind that this place was a battleground, two gods fought here, Oghma and Shar mostly because of this rocks or what is beneath them.

he takes a breath after he has gathered all the info that he has

but let’s start from the beginning Oghma build this place to the Netheril Empire there are several devices like this in the known regions, but unfortunately their location has been forgotten, why it is so mysterious, Shar’s servants are bind to keep these places hidden. What is hidden below here, besides from ancient treasure, I believe that under here there is powerful machinery that will change the destiny of us all. Legends and myths testify that Oghma gave to Netheril kingdoms a machine that allows mortals to reach the gods and to go far beyond our reach, of course, these places are extremely dangerous and only the most ambitious mortals exploit these devices to gather treasure beyond imagination, and to visit distant and mythical places. Among them, all the true believers used them to visit their favorite deities and to directly communicate with them. But not all of them went only for worshipping, an order of secret assassin organization of mortal rises “The godslayers”, and within secrecy, they managed to kill some minor deities, afraid of this menace the gods decides to destroy this machinery and kill the guild of the Godslayers. But the knowledge of these devices was already spread amongst inventors, wizards and architecs, and also the godslayers anticipate this move and exile themselves away, no one knows where they went to hide from the gods. With a critical decision the gods charge Oghma for treason and decide that this machinery should be destroyed and their knowledge is forgotten forever. one goddess rises to hunt Oghma and his machinery, Shar and in the end, she managed to kill Oghma and hunts down with her church all this machinery and all of the knowledge about it

he takes a deep breath and starts speaking in a lower voice

To summarize ancient treasure, gods, forbidden knowledge and assassins guild, for me it is a call to arms and I gladly answer

he says glancing at the horizon

Schismatic
2019-02-08, 12:56 PM
"Certainly quite the tale..." She looked from Raziel to Thelia. "I'm sure they came here with provisions, more so. More we should look at their supplies situation."

After pondering Raziel's tale, she knelt down on her left knee and placed her pack on the ground. Digging through her rucksack to produce the magicked jar shard, displaying it to the group.

"I found this while trailing this group in a hole. I sensed something of its purpose that sounds familiar though I couldn't interpret its designs. Definitely not just a jar fragment." She explained.

amanamana
2019-02-08, 02:53 PM
Gunnar hears everyone and takes his time to talk.

"Well... First of all, good that you have this key, Miss." - He looks at the druid and then at the wolf - "Is that a real wolf? I thought it was just some kind of wolfdog. That's so cool..."

He then turns to Thelia - "I know your suggestion was related to finding that key that we now know we have, but my mentor always said you should never split the party. He even had an annoying little song called 'Never split the party' that he would sing when drunk..." - He says that last bit with somewhat of a smirk. -

"That being said, our buddy here.." - He nods at the bound bandit leader - "... surrendered with a praying to Shar in his lips. So... I guess he's one of those cultists you talking about, Raziel. Not just a bandit, it seems." - He looks at Thelia - "I bet you have a lot more than me to say about this kind of stuff. I would love to learn more about it."

"My suggestion is that we should deliver this guy to the city guards, sleep in town - as we'll probably arrive there very late - and get back here tomorrow to stick our necks out in this colossal mess." - He looks around, noticing that all of the party is really young, as he is - "Nothing like a bunch of meddling kids to handle some god-killing magic." - His sarcastic and self-deprecating tone obvious to everyone.

Schismatic
2019-02-08, 03:53 PM
"A'diya..." She introduced as she pulled her companion closer to her. "And Nyx. She's specifically a black-fur Wealdath wolf." She noted to him.

"So this 'key'. This seems very auspicious. I have travelled the entirety of the Sword Coasts and yet not found anything so interesting as this site... After spending time here I was planning on heading inland. Go to Silverymoon... traverse to the Grandfather Tree... across the Anauroch and all the way to the Mysterious East. But apparently my actions have furthered your goals, and by necessity I must consider myself involved." She paused to consider the circumstances.

"Are you saying this key can transport us to the realms of any deity worshipped of Toril? I know little of what lay beyond this world ... but I do know there are legends of portals in my homeland, their secrets guarded jealously by fey creatures--but nothing this powerful. How did you come by such knowledge?" She queried to Raziel.

farothel
2019-02-08, 04:08 PM
Thelia would like to know as well. And while she was quite interested in something that could bring her in direct contact with Labelas Enoreth, she wasn't sure this was a good idea should this key fall into wrong hands.
"I think we indeed best go back to the city to get this one brought back," she said, stalling for time while trying to remember what she could about the story Raziel just told, "and there Raziel can tell his story in relative comfort. Before we start digging into things we don't understand, we better gain this understanding first."

I've already rolled in the OOC topic for knowledge(religion)

Bartmanhomer
2019-02-08, 10:22 PM
"Godslayers huh? Sounds like people who don't believe in deities." Sarah ponders.

Hugh_fromrome
2019-02-11, 07:22 AM
@ Thelia
you know who is Shar, and you know almost everything about her cult, also you can confirm all the information told by Raziel

@ Everyone
searching the bodies: nothing valuable in the guard's possession except for 12 trail rations, there are ruined armor and ruined sword, not worth carrying. Also, Jeremi and Raziel recover their inventory, but I've already said that

"A'diya..." She introduced as she pulled her companion closer to her. "And Nyx. She's specifically a black-fur Wealdath wolf." She noted to him.

"So this 'key'. This seems very auspicious. I have travelled the entirety of the Sword Coasts and yet not found anything so interesting as this site... After spending time here I was planning on heading inland. Go to Silverymoon... traverse to the Grandfather Tree... across the Anauroch and all the way to the Mysterious East. But apparently my actions have furthered your goals, and by necessity I must consider myself involved." She paused to consider the circumstances.

"Are you saying this key can transport us to the realms of any deity worshipped of Toril? I know little of what lay beyond this world ... but I do know there are legends of portals in my homeland, their secrets guarded jealously by fey creatures--but nothing this powerful. How did you come by such knowledge?" She queried to Raziel.

Raziel opens his eyes widely when A'diya take out the key, he studies the key with great interest, where did you get that key? asked amazed, among his stuff he picks up a book and opens it, there all of you can see a draw of this kind of ruins. The drawing is handmade, next to the sketch notes are written, but you can't catch any more than a glimpse. the words make no sense at all to your eyes.

ovtvmwh hkvzp zylfg gsv fmwvigvnkovh nzwv yb mvgsvivmhv kvlkov, lmv lu gsv vziorvhg gvnkovh hslfow ollp orpv gsrh, fmwvimvzgs z nzxsrmvib nrtsg yv rmgzxg.

Skill check INT: Please roll INT check

well, it is not exactly like this, this key open the vault, then inside lay the machine. These machines are not working since a long time, so it could be possible that they are broken or malfunction, but even if the machine works if it is not set properly it wouldn't move a bit. The knowledge came to me while I was studying Netheril history, in Calimport as a lorekeeper. I was investigating about the Netherense society, especially their fall when I found a book called Loratan's steaming caldron, thousand recipes to enchant your guests. That book is written as a recipe book, but actually, it was his journal and he describes this machinery and how to find them, but never how to make them works. looks like that when a Shar guild started to hunt down these machine, thier builders and the knowledge wielders. The machines destruction and the loss of the knowledge it's in direct relation with the fast declining of the Netheril civilization. but this was never meant to happen I am fully convinced to restore this knowledge for us the Toril inhabitants

Thelia would like to know as well. And while she was quite interested in something that could bring her in direct contact with Labelas Enoreth, she wasn't sure this was a good idea should this key fall into wrong hands.
"I think we indeed best go back to the city to get this one brought back," she said, stalling for time while trying to remember what she could about the story Raziel just told, "and there Raziel can tell his story in relative comfort. Before we start digging into things we don't understand, we better gain this understanding first."

I've already rolled in the OOC topic for knowledge(religion)

amanamana
2019-02-11, 04:01 PM
"Godslayers huh? Sounds like people who don't believe in deities." Sarah ponders.

"Don't believe as in 'think they lie a lot'? Because you can't be a slayer of things you don't believe are real... That would be illogical. Unless we get into really deep philosophical stuff about unmaking the gods by not believing in then... But I don't think that's a discussion topic I would like to get in while sober..."

Gunnar finishes gathering the trail rations that were with the bandits - "Well... I think that, with those we already had, these will take care of our needs for a while." - He looks at the druid - "Maybe we could also forage to supplement the rations, if possible.

"So... Do we go back to the gate to leave this guy with the guards? We can talk on our way back."

Requested Intelligence check:
[roll0]

Bartmanhomer
2019-02-11, 04:17 PM
"You got a point there. It doesn't make any sense if godslayer is a person doesn't believe something that real. The only other explanation if a person who really hates deities." Sarah replies back to Gunnar. She approaches Raziel and A'diya. She studies the book and key.

Int Check: [roll0]

Schismatic
2019-02-12, 08:33 AM
She looked more than a little perplexed at the arcane dribble, and felt a little put-off. As if somehow lrelunctant that she displayed the key at all. Such things seemed larger than mere diversions and why the Nine Hells felt did such fates seek to involve her? She just wanted to trael Toril for ten years or so and return home after seeing as many interesting new plants, fungi and animals as possible.

By the sounds of it this could catapult them to Silvanus-knows-where. As a young orphan she was cautioned about fey creatures luring mortals through fey crossroads to far-flung realms. It was the price of protecting the natural world and was, partly, enduring its inhabitants and the whimsies of nature as a utilitarian good or byproduct of one's moral duty.

"I found it in a nearby hole when I was tracking you and these bandits... I sensed its magical purpose when tracking the trail you had left and uearthed it." She explained hesitantly.

This felt merely dangerous for no point other than curiosity of living dangerously. Happy from the momentary relief from the coversation she looked to Gunnar.

"If I borrow a bow and some arrows I'm certain I could hunt sufficient for about 4-5 mouths and Nyx can assist filling her own needs..." She explained.

"I've used merely one blessing of the Forest-Father this night, and myself and Nyx experienced no injuries. We also ate well while preparig to ambush the digsite, and I still have provisions for half-a-day between myself and Nyx. I'm more concerned about the rest of you. If you need additional supplies, then you might as well march back to your human den now, as foraging and hunting will preoccupy about a third of a day to feed as many people as possible and I won't be liable to match the resources you'll likely consume in that time." She tried her best to communicate their logistical problems.

"So either we further explore these ruins for a day and a bit, and march back with only a day of empty stomachs, or we leave here now with full stomachs and rations to spare." She noted pessimistically.

farothel
2019-02-12, 11:50 AM
"What he told is correct," Thelia said, "I've read something about it in the temple. But we still have to figure out what to do with our prisoner. We can't take him with us. And if those machines are here for that long, they will last a day or two more."

When Raziel was speaking in a language she didn't immediately understood, she listened very carefully, hoping to catch something, or at least to figure out what he was doing.

[roll0]

sandmote
2019-02-12, 06:32 PM
"I don't want to hurt anyone," Jeremi trails off, looking back at the prisoner.

Turning back to A'diya he continues "But if we're going to study this place, heading back for proper supplies is probably our best bet."

Int: [roll0]

Schismatic
2019-02-15, 09:07 AM
"Either/or, I haven't actually entered a den of people since Waterdeep and ended up getting funny looks by people when we and Nyx tried to bed down in North Ward under the trees of a villa estate." She started, sliding her weight onto her right foot.

"Despite being here for a few days I haven't entered Fireshear. I was merely debating whether I visit the infamous Ten Towns further north or head easterly. Dens of humanoids isn't really my place, but I'm not really pressed for time either so I'm happy to check out this Fireshear. Just, we aren't planning to stay there too long, right?" She queried to Jeremi.

farothel
2019-02-15, 10:45 AM
"I would say just a night," Thelia said, intrigued by the tale, "we best get this investigated as quickly as possible."

'Not to mention the fact that a wolf in the city might be the reason for the looks,' she didn't add aloud.

sandmote
2019-02-15, 12:36 PM
Jeremi looks a bit nervous. "I'm afraid I couldn't afford to stay in the city long if I wanted to. Probably just add some rope and get back."
Jeremi then packs up, walks over to the leader of the bandits, and looks apologetically at everyone else.

Bartmanhomer
2019-02-15, 12:41 PM
"Hey we haven't properly introduce ourselves. My name is Sarah Diamond." Sarah expressed happily as she introduced herself to the team.

farothel
2019-02-16, 06:05 AM
Thelia had already introduced herself to the new people, so she skipped that step. She moved to the prisoner.
"Hop, hop, on your feet. Let's get you to the city with it's nice jails. We're not going to stay there long, but I guess you will. And no funny business, there's enough ranged weapons here to turn you in a hedgehog and I've heard that wolves really like to eat hedgehogs."

Hugh_fromrome
2019-02-16, 06:35 AM
You secured the prisoner within your ranks, for him it is impossible to escape without being noticed, you start marching towards Fireshear, not too fast and not too slow. The leader has accepted his fate and he shows no emotion, and he doesn't speaks. The environment around you silent and the silence his broken sometimes by bird's calling in the distance. All the animals are preparing for the next season, after marching trough the mire you finally reach the pathway for Fireshear. you plan your journey with rests and stops in order to keep going without being tired.

all of you have used one trail ration

when you stop and try to feed the prisoner he refuses the food, you are convinced that he is still shaken for the loss of his companions, from time to time you can hear him mumbling some prayers to Shar. You reach the walls of Fireshear, a guard which is standing in front of the wooden door recognizes you except for A'diya and the Leader which are strangers to the city

Five left the city walls of Fireshear yet six are requesting to enters, are they both with you or we need to consider them a separate group? asks the guard looking to Gunnar and inspecting the whole team.
Behind you from the distance emerges another traveler, he is dressed in civilian clothes and he is tall and slender, and with a hasting walks he marches towards the door. He stops behind you waiting for his turn to be admitted inside the city.

amanamana
2019-02-17, 12:07 AM
Gunnar looks back at the guard - "The lady and the wolf are with us... She helped on the mission that your captain gave us." - He then pokes the bandit leader with the shaft of a javelin he was using as a walking stick - "This gentleman here, on the other hand, is the leader of a band of thugs that killed Brother Malkay and his companions... He also tried to enslave this two travelers. - He says this last bit pointing at Jeremi and Raziel.

"Your captain will probably want to throw him in jail..." - He prods the prisoner ahead with the javelin shaft - "Who knows what other crimes he may have committed."

sandmote
2019-02-17, 12:13 AM
Hearing this, Jeremi turns toward the party. "Well, I guess that's why you showed up to save us when you did." Turning back to the Guard, he gestures to the prisoner before continuing "but he did knock me out, and we were the captives of his bandits when I woke up."

farothel
2019-02-17, 05:04 AM
Thelia didn't say anything as most things were already said. She did look around a bit, checking out the surroundings and also looking at the man standing behind them.

amanamana
2019-02-17, 09:49 AM
Hearing this, Jeremi turns toward the party. "Well, I guess that's why you showed up to save us when you did." Turning back to the Guard, he gestures to the prisoner before continuing "but he did knock me out, and we were the captives of his bandits when I woke up."

"Each one of us got into this for their own reasons, but I was looking for my buddy here" - He nods at Raziel - "This crazy S.O.B. got blind drunk yesterday and thought it would be a good idea to go on a quest... But I remember you... I think it was you... Playing last night at the tavern. If I knew you were missing too I would at least warn the authorities. I'm glad you are OK. Malkay was an ass, but I feel bad for him and his companions. Being an ass is no reason to get killed..." - Gunnar expresses genuine sorrow at the deaths of those men.

Hugh_fromrome
2019-02-18, 03:42 AM
The guard in front of you looks rapidly throughout the party Open the door! he shouts with a trembling voice, slowly and squeaked the door open revealing the city beyond the wall. He step aside and let you pass Look for Captain Sue and hand him the prisoner, check also if there is a bounty on him , while you cross the doorstep he starts to question the other travelers, the door closes . in front of you the streets and city are busy as always. you walk until the barracks, outside the Captain is speaking with some cadets rude as always the cadets seems scared by him when you approach the dog starts to run in his directions with its tail wagging.

Welcome back! I know that you didn't have the guts to face the swamp, and you flee! he looks to the party and notices the prisoner, A'diya and the wolf. He moves gently away from the cadet and smiles to you.
Impressive, you got me a souvenir, who is this man? asked puzzled, while studying the prisoner.

@ Sarah and Gunnar
among the new cadet, you recognize Pepper

Schismatic
2019-02-18, 05:52 AM
She timidly wandered into the city, allowing the others to non-introduce her. While a farcry from bigger cities she's visited, it somehow felt the same. Terrifying in that same sense of everything feeling manufactured. Where buildings were purpose built to provide comfort and shelter, and distance itself as much as possibly from wild unpredictability.

She could appreciate the idea of survival, but cities made it a religion. Whether in the crime it produced, or in the soul-lost in surrendering instinct and wide open spaces in the name of security at any cost.

"You can't really flee from that which you know not the peril, perceived or otherwise." She murmured.

amanamana
2019-02-18, 09:43 AM
The guard in front of you looks rapidly throughout the party Open the door! he shouts with a trembling voice, slowly and squeaked the door open revealing the city beyond the wall. He step aside and let you pass Look for Captain Sue and hand him the prisoner, check also if there is a bounty on him , while you cross the doorstep he starts to question the other travelers, the door closes . in front of you the streets and city are busy as always. you walk until the barracks, outside the Captain is speaking with some cadets rude as always the cadets seems scared by him when you approach the dog starts to run in his directions with its tail wagging.

Welcome back! I know that you didn't have the guts to face the swamp, and you flee! he looks to the party and notices the prisoner, A'diya and the wolf. He moves gently away from the cadet and smiles to you.
Impressive, you got me a souvenir, who is this man? asked puzzled, while studying the prisoner.

@ Sarah and Gunnar
among the new cadet, you recognize Pepper

"Hey, Captain" - He waves as he approaches, suddenly way too confortable amidst the guards - "This man is the leader of a band of thugs that killed Brother Malkay and his companions... He also tried to enslave this two. " - As he points to Jeremi and Raziel, he goes on - "Raziel here is the man I was looking for. This other fellow is Jeremi, if I recall correctly, and he was missing too. I don't know if you had missing person reports on them..." - He looks at Pepper and nods, respectfully but with aloofness.

"Anyway, we came back to bring you the prisoner. I don't know if there was a bounty on him. He had four or five minions, but they're all dead in the swamp now. We'll probably leave this lil' bugger here with you too" - He rubs the dog's head - "But we'll be back out tomorrow. As a matter of fact, we apparently do not have enough sense to be glad to get out of the swamp unharmed..."

As he talks, he brings his backpack and the rest of the stuff down. On the back of it, you can see the bundle where he kept his old armor and the unused parts of the chainmail. He seems relieved to get all that weight off his back. After a small back stretch, he picks the old armor and the rest of the chainmail - "Hey, Cap. Any chance you could trade my old armor for some supplies for our trip? Some more oil for the lamp, torches, some rope, a crowbar, etc... I'm sure the militia will have use for the armor."

farothel
2019-02-18, 01:35 PM
Thelia gave the dog a pat on the head before it padded over to its owner.
"Some of those sunrods if you have them," she added, "they last longer and are easier to use."

sandmote
2019-02-18, 01:40 PM
Jeremi pats the dog as well. "Thank you for sending them out sir, even if it wasn't to rescue me." He then nervously stands aside, wanting to avoid bothering the authorities he's in the presence of.

Hugh_fromrome
2019-02-20, 02:24 AM
"Hey, Captain" - He waves as he approaches, suddenly way too confortable amidst the guards - "This man is the leader of a band of thugs that killed Brother Malkay and his companions... He also tried to enslave this two. " - As he points to Jeremi and Raziel, he goes on - "Raziel here is the man I was looking for. This other fellow is Jeremi, if I recall correctly, and he was missing too. I don't know if you had missing person reports on them..." - He looks at Pepper and nods, respectfully but with aloofness.

"Anyway, we came back to bring you the prisoner. I don't know if there was a bounty on him. He had four or five minions, but they're all dead in the swamp now. We'll probably leave this lil' bugger here with you too" - He rubs the dog's head - "But we'll be back out tomorrow. As a matter of fact, we apparently do not have enough sense to be glad to get out of the swamp unharmed..."

As he talks, he brings his backpack and the rest of the stuff down. On the back of it, you can see the bundle where he kept his old armor and the unused parts of the chainmail. He seems relieved to get all that weight off his back. After a small back stretch, he picks the old armor and the rest of the chainmail - "Hey, Cap. Any chance you could trade my old armor for some supplies for our trip? Some more oil for the lamp, torches, some rope, a crowbar, etc... I'm sure the militia will have use for the armor."

Thelia gave the dog a pat on the head before it padded over to its owner.
"Some of those sunrods if you have them," she added, "they last longer and are easier to use."

you hand the prisoner to the Captain, and after looking at him he recognizes the man For the Helm's sword! you are Alan "the distance" the Leader, Alan tries to avoid eye contact with the Captain. goodwork is always well paid he search inside his pockets and hands you a bag of gold do not fight there are 20 gp for your supplies, also, I am sorry for the armor but I cannot buy it, try to sell it to the marketplace the Captain snaps his fingers and two guards swiftly took the captive and with a rope they bind him, he tries to escape, but the two guards deliver a punch into his stomach, he squeaks and fall on his knees. Alan looks with hate all of you and spit on the ground, and it is dragged away.

well adventurers i need to go back to my duty, if you need me I would be at the town hall he recalls all of the guards and moves towards the narrow streets of the city.

20 gp each player

amanamana
2019-02-20, 09:00 AM
Gunnar looks at the little bag of gold in his hand, as the captain hands some more to the others - "Yeah... That will do." - He tries to remember the last time he earned that much gold in one day - "Yeah... That's cool. That will definitely do."

While the others take their part, he grabs the pack with the rations that he took from the bandits - "There are 10 rations here... Jeremi and I ate on the way back." - He looks at Jeremi - "Take some of these and pack with you" - He looks at A'dya, Raziel and then at the others - "Are you all packing rations? The captain gave Thelia, Sarah and I some rations before we left, so you can share these ten with Jeremi, if you're in need."

After this is done, he looks at the little bag of gold again and stores it in his coat's inner pockets - "Well, I think we should go look for our supplies... I'll try to sell the armor too. Maybe later I'll have a nice hot dinner." - He then looks sternly at Raziel - "You, sir, will have one watered down mug of ale, at best! I'm in no mood to go tracking your drunken arse in the mud again in the morning!" - He then drops the façade and laughs loudly.

DM, If we need to, I'll take 10 on a Knowledge (Local) test, for a net 15, to find the necessary buyers and sellers to get the stuff we need and to get rid of my old armor and the rest of the chainmail.
I think we could buy 50' of silk rope (10gp), a grappling hook (1gp), a crowbar (2gp), 4 pints of oil for the lamp (4sp) and 2 sunrods (4gp), for a total of 17gp, 4sp (2gp, 9sp divided between the six of us).
Gunnar will like to sell his old armor. If we could get some coin for the rest of the chainmail too, it would be neat.
I'm in favor of just solving this with the least posting IC as possible.

farothel
2019-02-20, 02:36 PM
"I'll join you," Thelia said to Gunnar, "and then I'll have to tell those monks that Malkay is dead."

sandmote
2019-02-20, 10:01 PM
Jeremi gives a nervous smile. "O-of course. I'll grab a few rations, and join you."

Schismatic
2019-02-21, 12:24 PM
"Oh, five rations will probably not be enough Nyx and I. Normally we'd hunt on the way but we don't have the time. I'll purchase somemore dried meat with the coin I received... probably an additional two-and-a-half day's worth in additon to the five from those ten supplies." She noted to Gunnar, lifting a hand and began to wander.

"Back in a moment." She murmured in passing.

Will purchase 5 additional rations...

Bartmanhomer
2019-02-21, 01:55 PM
Sarah was thinking really hard about her upcoming event that she'll face. Her facial expression was stern and serious.

amanamana
2019-02-21, 04:58 PM
"Hey, Raziel, what else do you know about this place we're going into? How big is it? Do you think we'll take hours, days or weeks to explore it? Do you think we'll be able to camp outside of it or close to the entrance and do forays into it? Do you think once we get inside we'll take days to get out? Is it big as a city? Can it be that big and not have been noticed before by the locals?" - Gunnar seems to be thinking faster than he can talk, only speaking choice questions while considering lots of scenarios in his head - "Every half-gallon of oil can burn in a lamp for about one day, if I'm not mistaken. If we're going underground and spending days before getting out, we should plan in a way. If we can set a camp outside and do forays inside, we do not need to consider camping time into oil and light management." - He stops for a second when he realizes he's talking too fast - "What I mean is: what else do you know that can help me think about the logistics of our little adventure?"

Hugh_fromrome
2019-02-25, 02:18 AM
"Hey, Raziel, what else do you know about this place we're going into? How big is it? Do you think we'll take hours, days or weeks to explore it? Do you think we'll be able to camp outside of it or close to the entrance and do forays into it? Do you think once we get inside we'll take days to get out? Is it big as a city? Can it be that big and not have been noticed before by the locals?" - Gunnar seems to be thinking faster than he can talk, only speaking choice questions while considering lots of scenarios in his head - "Every half-gallon of oil can burn in a lamp for about one day, if I'm not mistaken. If we're going underground and spending days before getting out, we should plan in a way. If we can set a camp outside and do forays inside, we do not need to consider camping time into oil and light management." - He stops for a second when he realizes he's talking too fast - "What I mean is: what else do you know that can help me think about the logistics of our little adventure?"

While you follow the path to the market place Raziel answers your question. as before the city bustling and sometimes some citizen looks at you especially A'diya who starts to feel uncomfortable.

I have no clue, I've looked for this kind of ruins since the day I've started my studies, generally speaking, these machines were embedded in structures with different functions, such as temples, town hall and so on, others were built on open land as big portals. I have a feeling that it will not take too much to get the ruins explored, but it is just a feeling. better to be prepared for both situation you arrive in the market, as everyday farmers and herders have comes inside the city to sell all the countryside goods, you can find any kind of foods and farm animals, a lonely child is selling a donkey, is face is covered in dirt he sits on a ruined carpet, next to him the animals looks tired and every breath is like a steaming volcano slow and deep. A'diya notices that the donkey is old and blind, but can't judge if it is deaf or not. Raziel go closer to the child, looks at the animal I think these should be enough he hands him a small bag full of money , the child open the bag and then smiles it's all your good sir, I'll get you some food for the donkey, its name is Old Mulhey the child disappear for a while and then with haste fix enough food on the donkey's back.

I didn't understand what you are going to buy except for schismatic

amanamana
2019-02-26, 11:20 PM
After making his purchases at the market, Gunnar heads to an inn where he dined or even stayed sometimes when there was some coin in his pockets - "Anyone else going with me?" - He asks his new companions - "If some of you have other business, the rest of us can wait dining and resting a little..."

As soon as he arrives with whoever else came along, he greats the personnel. - "Good evening, fine people. I would like some hot dinner and a gallon of ale for me and my fellows, if it's not too much trouble." - He sits himself at a table with his back to a wall and sets his equipment by his feet. He draws his dagger and starts to clean the mud from his fingernails.