PDA

View Full Version : Bloodline Levels, feats, ability boosts, and other things that depend on level?

Yogibear41
2018-11-28, 06:44 PM
Do bloodline levels count when determining when you get feats, ability boosts, and other things based on level such as a template saying you gain X ability when you have X # of hit dice?

Darrin
2018-11-28, 07:18 PM
Do bloodline levels count when determining when you get feats, ability boosts, and other things based on level such as a template saying you gain X ability when you have X # of hit dice?

That's a DIVIDE BY CUCUMBER situation. Your guess is as good as mine.

Last time I checked, there are still two "camps" arguing about how Bloodline levels were supposed to work: the "it counts toward ECL" and the "it doesn't count toward ECL" factions. However, to answer your question... I don't see any indication in the text that bloodline levels are counted as part of HD or character level. PHB p. 87 says:

"Feats are gained according to character level, regardless of individual class levels."

UA page 19 says:

"Include the character’s bloodline level when calculating any character ability based on his class levels (such as caster level for spellcasting characters, or save DCs for characters with special abilities whose DCs are based on class level)."

Acquiring new feats is not a class ability, and Bloodline levels are added to class levels, not to character level or HD. So I'd be inclined to say no, they do not count towards feats or ability score increases.