PDA

View Full Version : Etherealness

DeShurland
2018-11-29, 05:34 AM
Hello all

Outline; I have received a potion of Etherealness and I suspect we are about to fight a big bad.
My plan; Mix the potion with some flammable oil, throw it onto the BB and set him on fire
Outcome; They get sent to Ethereal plane burning and screaming.

DM might have some issues, such as where they reappear and the actual damage that setting them on fire will do. Plus they can reappear whenever they like (within reason)

Actually this is probably a terrible idea. But can it be done?

Thanks

Unoriginal
2018-11-29, 06:06 AM
Hello all

Outline; I have received a potion of Etherealness and I suspect we are about to fight a big bad.
My plan; Mix the potion with some flammable oil, throw it onto the BB and set him on fire
Outcome; They get sent to Ethereal plane burning and screaming.

DM might have some issues, such as where they reappear and the actual damage that setting them on fire will do. Plus they can reappear whenever they like (within reason)

Actually this is probably a terrible idea. But can it be done?

Thanks

A Potion of Etherealness cannot send people to the Ethereal just by splashing them with it. Unless the DM allows it, but then people will start potion-throwing much more often.

Ninja_Prawn
2018-11-29, 08:01 AM
You definitely need to drink potions to gain the benefits.

But you could always make like Son Goku and offer the bad guy a 'healing potion' so that you can "make sure you get to face them at their full power"... :smallamused:

darknite
2018-11-29, 09:15 AM
Well, Oil of Etherealness can be applied externally. But per the DMG it takes 10 minutes to apply...

Mad Nomad
2018-11-30, 12:54 PM
Well, Oil of Etherealness can be applied externally. But per the DMG it takes 10 minutes to apply...
What BBEG wouldn't take up the offer for a nice oiled massage before the big fight?

MaxWilson
2018-11-30, 01:22 PM
You definitely need to drink potions to gain the benefits.

But you could always make like Son Goku and offer the bad guy a 'healing potion' so that you can "make sure you get to face them at their full power"... :smallamused:

But everyone knows iocaine comes from Australia, and Australia is entirely populated by criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, so I obviously cannot drink the wine in front of you.