PDA

View Full Version : Fusion help

Tom Riddle
2018-11-30, 09:31 AM
Hi everyone this is my first post so bare with me. My question. So is there any way to gain the egoist power Fusion without going into the class?

noob
2018-11-30, 09:52 AM
Power stones works well.

Tom Riddle
2018-11-30, 10:05 AM
Sorry 😔 little bit of a newbie power stones?

Nifft
2018-11-30, 10:08 AM
Yeah, try a power stone or a dorje.

noob
2018-11-30, 10:13 AM
Power stones are the psionic version of scrolls.

Tom Riddle
2018-11-30, 10:42 AM
Ah I looked up power stones on the srd. Additionally, the user must meet the following requirements.

The user must have the power on his or her class list.
The user must have the requisite key ability score.

My PC is a warlock Chameleon. Focused on crafting at the moment. So I wouldn't have the power on my list. Can I still use them

noob
2018-11-30, 11:05 AM
Ah I looked up power stones on the srd. Additionally, the user must meet the following requirements.

The user must have the power on his or her class list.
The user must have the requisite key ability score.

My PC is a warlock Chameleon. Focused on crafting at the moment. So I wouldn't have the power on my list. Can I still use them

use psionic device allows to simulate having a class feature(or an ability score)

torrasque666
2018-11-30, 01:25 PM
use psionic device allows to simulate having a class feature(or an ability score)
While true, he probably doesn't have enough ranks in Use Psionic Device to be able to pull it off with any regularity as UPD isn't UMD even with transparency.

noob
2018-11-30, 01:47 PM
While true, he probably doesn't have enough ranks in Use Psionic Device to be able to pull it off with any regularity as UPD isn't UMD even with transparency.

Grab a magical or psionical item that helps use psionic device?
Use guidance of the avatar?

Tom Riddle
2018-11-30, 01:51 PM
Yea unless I can use umd instead I probably don't have enough ranks to pull it off

noob
2018-11-30, 02:38 PM
Yea unless I can use umd instead I probably don't have enough ranks to pull it off

guidance of the avatar gives a huge boost to a skill check done shortly afterwards so you can use that to not have problems using a powerstone.
Are not chameleon able to prepare spells from tons of lists?
By using guidance of the avatar twice you can probably manage the skill checks.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-11-30, 02:55 PM
You could always have a manifester manifest fusion on you...

ExLibrisMortis
2018-11-30, 03:06 PM
Shapechange into a lilitu should work... depending on transparency rules. 'Course, that means you now need shapechange, but that's an arcane spell, at least, so you can UMD a scroll of it :smalltongue:.

noob
2018-11-30, 03:20 PM
You could always have a manifester manifest fusion on you...

No never!
All To tricks needs to be done only by people you built yourself and you are not allowed to trust them even a little bit.

Calthropstu
2018-12-01, 03:04 AM
Fusion is an 8th level power. You can get it by being able to manifest 9th lvl powers and taking the expanded knowledge feat.

Alternatively, you may allow psychic chirurgery to be manifested by someone with both psychic chirurgery and fusion to grant the power to you.

Tom Riddle
2018-12-02, 04:30 PM
Mimic Class Feature: At 3rd level, you gain the ability to mimic a certain class feature possessed by other characters. Once per day, you can use any of the class features described below. At 6th level, you can use this ability twice per day (either to mimic the same class feature on two different occasions or two different class features at separate times). At 9th level, you can use this ability three times per day. Would this work? I honestly didn't even realise that I could do this

noob
2018-12-02, 06:12 PM
Mimic Class Feature: At 3rd level, you gain the ability to mimic a certain class feature possessed by other characters. Once per day, you can use any of the class features described below. At 6th level, you can use this ability twice per day (either to mimic the same class feature on two different occasions or two different class features at separate times). At 9th level, you can use this ability three times per day. Would this work? I honestly didn't even realise that I could do this
I believe one of the class features you can mimic is spellcasting and you draw from a huge list so you can probably find guidance of the avatar in that list and then have +20 to your next skill check(which can be an use psionic device check).

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-12-02, 06:36 PM
I believe one of the class features you can mimic is spellcasting and you draw from a huge list so you can probably find guidance of the avatar in that list and then have +20 to your next skill check(which can be an use psionic device check).Mimic Class Ability is a chameleon ability. There's a finite list to choose from, none of which include spellcasting.

noob
2018-12-02, 07:13 PM
Mimic Class Ability is a chameleon ability. There's a finite list to choose from, none of which include spellcasting.

Ok I was wrong it was not in the mimic class feature part but rather in the Aptitude Focus part.

Jack_Simth
2018-12-03, 07:29 AM
Hi everyone this is my first post so bare with me. My question. So is there any way to gain the egoist power Fusion without going into the class?

As a Chameleon?

Have some ranks in Use Psionic Device (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/skills/usePsionicDevice.htm).
Get the Divine Focus for the day.
Prepare (and cast) Divine Insight (Spell Compendium, Cleric-2)
Purchase a Power stone (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/powerStones.htm) of the power in question.
UPD it, burning the Divine Insight.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-12-03, 10:15 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?145669-Making-the-Chameleon-even-more-awesome-(PEACH) with judicious purchases of psychic chirurgery? If your manifester level is high enough, you might be able to manifest it.