PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find actual characters/ filled character sheets for 5e?

asi
2018-11-30, 10:10 AM
I'm looking for characters/filled character sheets of people, similiar to pregenerated characters, although I'd prefe character sheets from actual players. I'd need to know how the stats were generated (point-buy, 3d6 etc) and would prefer lvl 1 characters. I'm basically looking for a database or something were people uploaded their characters /character sheets.

My intention is to practice some Machine Learning algorithms and analyze 5e character generation. A typical question would be to predict character class from attributes, for example. I'd need probably at least a couple dozen sheets.

Is there such a resource online?

RedMage125
2018-11-30, 11:05 AM
I'm looking for characters/filled character sheets of people, similiar to pregenerated characters, although I'd prefe character sheets from actual players. I'd need to know how the stats were generated (point-buy, 3d6 etc) and would prefer lvl 1 characters. I'm basically looking for a database or something were people uploaded their characters /character sheets.

My intention is to practice some Machine Learning algorithms and analyze 5e character generation. A typical question would be to predict character class from attributes, for example. I'd need probably at least a couple dozen sheets.

Is there such a resource online?

If you go to the Official site (www.wizards.com/dnd), look for Tabletop Games, and you should be able to find a link with character sheets. There are a number of pre-generated character sheets for a number of race/class combinations, at various levels (1-10).

Most often, the stats use Point Buy, or a stat array (which matches up with Point Buy), so that they're all on equal footing.

Vegan Squirrel
2018-11-30, 01:13 PM
You can try visiting the recruitment pages of these forums; there are always new games recruiting for play-by-post, often including 5e d&d games. If you go into those threads, you can either ask in the thread or PM people to ask if you can use their characters for your project. Most people post full character sheets online, and you can find up to a dozen applicants in a single thread.

DeTess
2018-11-30, 02:46 PM
What kind of volume do you need? I'm far from an expert on machine learning, but what little I do know suggests you'd need a couple 100 character sheets at least.