PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Barbarian Relentless rage bonuses

Mystical-man
2018-11-30, 09:42 PM
How would you build a barbarian to have really good con saves? Cause I am considering how I can buff up my barbarians con saves before he gets to level 11 so he can use relentless rage really well. Besides just +2 to con what would you recommend?

djreynolds
2018-11-30, 10:09 PM
Someone blessing you or casting even resistance on you could be helpful.

Possibly a magic item that boosts saves

I would think standing next to paladin for aura of protection might help

I don't know of any advantage you could get.

Someone could cast enhance ability bear's endurance but it says specifically constitution check, so I do not know if it affects saving throws

Jasder
2018-11-30, 10:35 PM
Bless wouldn't help because it doesn't apply to saving throws, not does enhance ability. Resistance does though.

As a barbarian you already have con save proficiency, and your con should be good too. So you already have probably the best con save.

As mentioned, a paladin aura will help. I really don't think most other things affect con saves.

Galithar
2018-11-30, 10:40 PM
Bless wouldn't help because it doesn't apply to saving throws, not does enhance ability. Resistance does though.

As a barbarian you already have con save proficiency, and your con should be good too. So you already have probably the best con save.

As mentioned, a paladin aura will help. I really don't think most other things affect con saves.

"Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends,"

Quoted from bless. How does that not effect saving throws? It specifically calls savings throws as one of the valid rolls to add the d4 to.