PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Please advise me with my SAS build

TrillQaz
2018-12-02, 06:35 AM
Hi guys, I'm working on a build for upcoming game and decided to make something special: sneak-attacking spellcaster with good utility and decent metamagic. :smallbiggrin:

First of, I'we picked Sha'ir as magical class because they can effectively add any spell they have seen to their arsenal baring some limitations. So the first question is if anyone had any experience playing one or maybe some suggestions on how to deal with the long preparation time for spells(limited period for which those stay in memory will take care of itself with advancement) and how to pick spells known for maximum flexibility. The main idea is to have a small arsenal of spells for combat/emergency and be an utility caster in situation when I have time to prepare. Also any advice on being economic with spells will be appreciated.

Secon question is what king of feats and prestige classes should I choose and if what I have come up with is any decent. Which metamagic feats would be better on character and which on rods and such?

Third is for equipment and tactics for sucha a character. I plan to heavily invest in UMD and take it as a always-class-skill given by Human Paragon. Will take leadership for personal Artificer to make items for me and support the group, probably mostly for myself :smallredface:

Build below, thanks in advance for reading and hopefully advice. :smallsmile:

Race: Magic-Blooded Human,

Class Levels(Picked 18 as of now, still working out order):
Rogue 1 \ Sha 'Ir 1 \ Human Paragon 3 \ Metaphysical Spellshaper 3 \ Unseen Seer 2 \ Spellwarp Sniper 4 \ Escalation Mage 4 \

Feats:
Levels, human bonus feat, 2 Flaws, Human Paragon(2lvl) and SpellShaper(2lvl): 12
-Bind Vestige, Naberius
-Darkstalker(necessary for any stealth on mid levels even when combined with spells)
-Ancestral Relic(for switchable metamagic rod-like goodnes and other custom-item needs)
-Leadership(To benefit from high charisma and Artificer Cochort)
-Miser with magic
-Residual Metamagic
-Invisible Spell
-Split Ray
-Twin spell
-Occular Spell / Reach Spell
-Persistent Spell
-Point-Blank Shot, Spellwarp Sniper Tax
*Precise shot(free with spellwarp)
*Silent spell(free with Unseen Seer)

Base Spell Slots at lvl 20:
5\5\5\5\5\5\5\4\4\3

Notable Abilities:

Escalation(Skillcheck based Metamagic):
-Heighten(+1)
-Empower
-Widened
-Quickened

SpellShaping:
-take ability damage instead of spell level adjustment -> Naberius for regeneration
-lower final metamagic cost by -1(minimum 1)

SpellWarp:
-Change any area damaging spell into a ray attack

Sneack Attack:
1d6 Rogue
1d6 Unseen Seer
2d6 Spellwarp Sniper(for rays)
6d6+ Hunters Eye Spell(added to the list with Unseen Seer)
Total SA: 10d6+

Thanks!
Trill, :smallcool: