PDA

View Full Version : P.E.A.C.H. my homebrew game

Tornadofyr
2018-12-02, 04:43 PM
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LG0eTxwoTEc_GNVVZGCBBH6kl_lcHS5nq2u9AJNuccg/edit?usp=drivesdk

I'll add classes soon.

Maat Mons
2018-12-02, 06:34 PM
You mention that Agility represents your ability to dodge attacks. But you also say Attack Difficulty is equal to 7 + Armor. Does Agility factor into Armor? Or is there a separate dodge roll made after a successful attack roll?

Which stat adds to attack rolls? Is it always Agility? Is it Agility for ranged attacks, and Might for melee attacks? Since both Agility and might function as defensive stats, whichever stat is used to hit will pull double-duty as a defensive and offensive stat.

If class is going to dictate damage, with stats having no effect, I feel like you'll need multiple classes for each archetype, to represent different tradeoffs of offense and defense.

For example, Fighter could be split into Berserker (high offense, low defense), Dreadnaut (high defense, low offense), and ... I don't know ... Soldier (medium offense, medium defense).

Tornadofyr
2018-12-02, 11:43 PM
I'm definitely thinking of doing subclasses, but unsure on the differentiation. I like the Attack/Medium/Defense idea