PDA

View Full Version : Horseman of the apocalypse

Aace424
2018-12-03, 10:01 AM
So I've been working up to this event over 5 campaigns over the last three years. My party is going fight the four horseman of the apocalypse!! Now I know the horseman have incredibly high CR, but will have a total of 16 player characters all level 20 with 10 tiers in mythic...it's worth stating that some of the players will actually be playing more than one character as well (we have tried this before to extremely good results) the campaigns that we have played through are rise of the runelords, curse of the crimson throne, strange aeons, and two completely hombres campaigns. I know that the horsemen are statted, but I want this to be better than just some huge fight with bbegs, my players have worked hard for this and I want to reward them accordingly, any ideas would be strongly appreciated.

darkela5
2018-12-04, 12:34 PM
If you want help, firstly is this 3.5 or PF?

Remuko
2018-12-05, 12:33 AM
If you want help, firstly is this 3.5 or PF?

they mentioned 10 tiers in mythic so its either PF or 3.P

lightningcat
2018-12-05, 12:53 AM
You might check out Lair actions from 5e. Every so often the environment itself does something.
Possibly if one of the characters can take one (or more) of the horsemen's weapons he can use it to take control of these actions instead.

Also if the group will let it happen, a conversation with the bad guys before the final battle is always fun.

Goaty14
2018-12-05, 01:17 AM
Sixteen Players!? *spits out drink*

I'd die trying to run that, however do you do it?

Cyrocloud
2018-12-05, 01:20 AM
Huh, I have no experience with mythic. All I know about it is that it throughs balance out the window...my only suggestions would be break the 16 into groups of 4 with the survivors facing against the 5th horseman. I would also due health "tiers" (by thisO mean seperate health pools, wheather these are per atta k, character turn, or round is up to you) so that the the horseman are not oneshotted. You would know your party best, so how many are up to you, but I would suggest 3 or 4.