PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Should i do a warlock LVL1 dip?

dnd2016
2018-12-03, 07:19 PM
11 Lvl Half elf Lore bard here. We got a 1st lvl feat free and poured the rest into stats. 20 cha, 18 dex, 18 con(proficient), 18 AC. When i can I fly around on my greater steed casting H pattern, fear, D whispers, Bigbys hand, web, conjure animals, GFB, counterspell, Xbow(+1d8 fire), suggestion, polymorph, G invis, Fiery fire. Mainly buff/debuff/crowd control with my only real damage being GFB. What do you guys think about a warlock dip? I was just going to take warcaster or lucky but my con is + 9 already(+1 ring of protection), and lucky is kind of boring.We have a sorceror, druid, paladin, ranger, fighter

Thanks for any advice

MarkVIIIMarc
2018-12-03, 07:27 PM
Why do u want to go Warlock 1? Roleplay with a crazy patron might be fun.

If u just want Eldritch Blast and Hex, u might be able to snag them with the Magic Initiate feat.

Keravath
2018-12-03, 10:47 PM
If you are considering a warlock dip you might want two levels for the invocations. Eldritch blast+agonizing blast will give you decent at will damage that is better than any other attack option you will have. You could also take devils sight if you want to use darkness (it can be extremely effective saving your party from sight based attacks and spells ... while you could still see through it) or repelling blast which can give your eldritch+agonizing blast quite a bit of single target control utility. With three beams hitting at level 11+ you could push a target back 30' including into terrain obstacles/fire/pits etc.

In addition, if you go hexblade you will also pick up the hex and shield spells, proficiency with medium armor, shields and martial weapons as well as the hexblade's curse feature and hex warrior that allows you to use charisma for your attack rolls with one weapon.

Anyway, I have a level 10 (8 lore bard/2 hexblade warlock) and so far I have found the 2 level dip to be very useful but I took it during the first 5 levels so it delayed some of the bard features.

Ganymede
2018-12-03, 10:54 PM
Do you actually want to tell the story of your PC sealing a pact with a weird monster for more power?

Is that what your PC would really do?