PDA

View Full Version : Solid feats for a fighter?

Shadowbane13
2018-12-03, 10:54 PM
Hey guys,

Any suggestions of some solid feats for an EK mark of the sentinel human fighter? My party just hit 3rd and I want to be prepared for 4th level when it comes around. We're allowed to use almost anything from D&D beyond's books. My DM bought em all plus some homebrew stuff. I''m somewhat focusing on electric spells to balance the two casters I already have in my party, but the spells are more of something to use if I cannot get close enough in one round to hit with my hammer. So really anything that can give me a + in either str or int or some bonus to spells, maybe improvised weapon so I can throw my hammer at people easily then weapon bond it back to my hands.

Thanks

iTreeby
2018-12-04, 12:42 AM
Warcaster is good for EK, could help you get off more spells.

ImproperJustice
2018-12-04, 12:52 AM
Stat boosts are not a bad investment for your average EK. Strength, Intelligence, and Con will not disappoint in making you just straight up better at what you are already doing.

Spell Sniper snags you an offensive cantrip and gives you a good ranged option so there is no need to throw hammers.

War Caster is good as a Sentinel / Tanky Ek, so you can lay some Booming Blade on people trying to move past you or Green Flame the enemies clustered about you.

Tough is good if your gonna take a beating.
Alert gives the gift of going first, which means being in a better position to control an area or better position a spell.
Lucky is always handy, especially for a tanky EK that wants to divert a licky crit.

If anyone can make Mage Slayer work, it’s a Misty stepping / Expeditios Retreating EK.

CTurbo
2018-12-04, 01:57 AM
While usually not a level 4 choice, I really like both Magic Initiate and Ritual Caster on fighters as they are severely lacking in out of combat utility.

LudicSavant
2018-12-04, 01:59 AM
I'll add another voice to Ritual Caster. If you're not Concentrating on something you're leaving action economy on the table, right there, not to mention that Fighters could certainly use some out-of-combat relevance.