PDA

View Full Version : Devoted Tracker Ranger Knight

cartejos
2018-12-04, 01:09 PM
I want to make a Ranger Knight who begins play as a Ranger.

Ranger Knight is a PrC in Dr317

I want to use a Valenar Warhorse as my Mount Companion. The DM has allowed me to make the Special Mount gained from Ranger Knight be Valenar and I can get a Valenar Warhorse at Ranger 5 with the Golarian Variant, which is being allowed, and the Natural Bond feat.

So far my Ideas consist of:
-Valenar Trample: On an Overrun you and your mount make an attack
-Cavalry Charger: The Fell Trample Maneuver lets you overrun multiple opponents in a run
-Great Trample: Class feature lets your mount make a full attack during an overrun

The Build Idea is: Ranger 5/Ranger Knight 10/Revenant Blade 5

This gives good TWF benefits (1.5x damage on each end and Power Attack gets 2-H benefit for both ends)
Ranger Level: 10; Valenar Warhorse Animal Companion Level: 8 (10-2(Golarian)-3(Advanced Animal)+3(Nat Bond))
Special Mount Level: 15
Bonuses: +12 HD; +14 NA; +6 Str, +2 Dex; 9 Int; 3 Bonus Tricks; All Paladin Special Abilities with Evasion and Devotion.

With Fell Trample, Great Trample, and Valenar Trample:
Mount can trample anyone it moves over and they get no chance to avoid. Each foe that is trampled eats the mounts full attack plus a single attack from me.

Things I plan on doing, or plan on looking into:
-Grafting Feathered Wings onto the Warhorse
-Giving the Warhorse some sort of bite attack, enabling it to use a Skillful Mouthpick Bastard Sword
--With the Bastard Sword his BAB goes up to 12 (16 HD) So his Attacks would be 12/7/2 Primary with 2 Hooves as secondary attacks

daremetoidareyo
2018-12-04, 01:18 PM
Heroes of battle has a teamwork benefit called heavy cavalry that you may be interested in.