PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts neeeeeeeews

Jibar
2007-09-21, 02:45 PM
Yes, yes, it's time for Kingdom Hearts obsession to spark once more as the Tokyo Game Show gets going.
And so far we've got two of three new games announced.

The first, Birth By Sleep, features everybody's favourite Keyblade wielder who isn't Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey or Roxas. Thaaaat's right, it's Terra, the knight from Final Mix+! And it seems he's brought along his friends Aqua and Ven to boot for a jolly good prequel.
On the PSP.

:yuk:

The second, 358/2 Days, brings us everybody's favourite villains as well! Organisation XIII get themselves a game going, complete with co-op. Unfortunately, it appears to be set after Chain of Memories, as there's no Vexen, Marluxia, Zexion, Laxaeus or Larxene to be seen. Poopy.
But this one's on the DS!

:biggrin:

So sit tight, as Tokyo brings us even more warm gooey lubricated news.

TheOtherMC
2007-09-21, 02:49 PM

thank you

2007-09-21, 06:44 PM
....Meh

I never got the appeal of Orginization 13 to anime lovers. Think about it.

They're Nobodies... Souless, hollow monsters who have no true feelings and happily murder entire worlds just to they can have power... yet people like them.

Must be the hair.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-22, 01:29 AM
I've been saying the same thing about Sephiroth for years...

Really, it's because Evil is Cool (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main.EvilIsCool).

Vonriel
2007-09-22, 01:40 AM

First, you're evil for linking tvtropes. You should be hurt for being a bad teevo :smalltongue:

Second, I've been trying to say that about Kefka myself.

banjo1985
2007-09-22, 04:13 AM
Oooo a new Kingdom Hearts, will soon be time to feed my obsession then :smallsmile:

I'm not overly excited by the proposition of focussing on Organisation 13 though, there were only 2 good ones, Axel & that dude with the water guitar, I may have to be convinced when the time comes.

Dihan
2007-09-22, 04:38 AM
I liked Zexion, then the one with the guitar... Demyx I think...

Jibar
2007-09-22, 04:48 AM
Yes, it's Demyx, whose hair gets more and more ridiculous each time I see it.
However, there's one thing that is certain to make 358/2 Days brilliant, and that's Luxord. The English One That Everybody Forgets About.
I mean, seriously, he summons one Heartless and a bunch of Nobodies and then he is never ever mentioned again until you reach The World That Never Was.
Most underdeveloped character ever.

Vhaidara
2007-09-22, 07:14 AM
If I could have made a suggestion to them, this would be it: KH Arena. You pick four characters from various worlds, and that's your team. I'd go with Sora (the base), Cloud, Auron, Riku, and The King. Also, make a level 100 ability: Constant Drive. You're always in drive form, and you only use the meter to change drives.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-22, 12:16 PM
First, you're evil for linking tvtropes. You should be hurt for being a bad teevo :smalltongue:

Well, we can leave this down to taste, or we can take this over to the Best Video Game Villain thread.

More on topic though, your Kefka comment reminds me that KH needs more Final Fantasy VI characters. I mean, Setzer got a cameo. Why the hell Setzer? Give me some 3D Celes, dammit!

Jibar
2007-09-22, 12:20 PM
I'm rooting for a Locke cameo personally.
Either that, or they finally find a good way to squeeze some chocobos in there.

Drascin
2007-09-22, 03:52 PM
More on topic though, your Kefka comment reminds me that KH needs more Final Fantasy VI characters. I mean, Setzer got a cameo. Why the hell Setzer? Give me some 3D Celes, dammit!

What the Teevo said. Only I'd personally prefer Terra, since Terra is awesome. But I would settle for Celes, as she's only a bit less awesome. Hell, push came to shove, I'd settle for Sabin if it meant a FFVI cameo!. Give FFVI a little love already, Square!

Blayze
2007-09-22, 05:46 PM
You can have your Terra and your Celes if I can have my Team Awesome cameo (Gau, Edgar, Sabin and Cyan).

2007-09-23, 12:56 PM

Really, it's because Evil is Cool (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main.EvilIsCool).

Dante is the exception to this rule?

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-23, 01:04 PM
I think they meant that he's the Good Twin, but is even more badass.

Holy_Knight
2007-09-28, 12:44 AM
I'm rooting for a Locke cameo personally.
Either that, or they finally find a good way to squeeze some chocobos in there.

Locke would also be my first choice for an FF6 character. Who I'd really like to see, though, is Cecil, from FF4. Now that would be cool.

Setra
2007-09-28, 01:26 AM
You can have your Terra and your Celes if I can have my Team Awesome cameo (Gau, Edgar, Sabin and Cyan).
Spoilered for off topic
I can understand Sabin, I mean Bum Rush 'IS' awesome, not to mention his other blitzes are still useful even in the final dungeon.

I can sorta understand Edgar too, he can equip the Power stuff (Illumina, Force Armor, etc.), even if his tools are almost useless endgame.

But..

Gau? Without some heavy esper management* he's almost useless compared to most other options endgame (admittedly he's the strongest character til after the Magitek factory and even then, MP free Fire 2 is nice), aside from a glitch he's mediocre.

And CYAN?! He is quite literally the least useful character in the game. His magic is <i>horrible</i>, which is pretty much the only useful stat in the game, and while Sabin's blitzes make up for it, Cyan's moves can't even match Edgar's tools, not even counting the time it takes to use them (which admittedly can be semi-circumvented by using long animation attacks) he's only useful for a glitch, which the only one time I attempted crashed my game.
Sorry, I'm maybe a bit too opinionated when it comes to FFVI.

In any case.. oh wait more things to comment on first.

The difference between Sephiroth/the Organization and Kefka is the former is well like because

A. They look cool
B. People pity them

Kefka is liked because he is awesomely evil, I don't think I've met a Kefka fan who didn't like him because of that.

Finally, on topic, I'd like to point out I hope the games are fun, and I'm holding that mean smiley towards the PSP against you.

I mean have you seen some of the games from TGS that are gonna be on the PSP? I wish I could trade my DS for one.

Edit:
Ps. Oh, that reminds me, I hope there is a cameo for Terra <3