PDA

View Full Version : DM Help DM needs help

Giannino
2018-12-06, 06:13 AM
Hi all, i need some advices, if someone could help me it would be cool.

the Party:
Female drow (homebrew version no SR) ranger2/druid1
female elven ranger2/scout1
female elven wizard3
male elven rogue2/swashbuckler1
male elven wildshape-ranger3
male human cleric3
male human paladin3
male gnome cleric3
male dwarven fighter3
male half-orc barbarian1/fighter2
female halfling rogue3

NPC
female human paladin3
male human focused conjurer3

Setting: Mystara (forgotten realms pantheon)

Previous modules played
- Darokin Republic:
Falcon's Hollow last hope
Crown of the cobold king

- Karameikos:
Doom of the Savage king
Shadowed keep on the borderlands
The crucible of Freya
The wizard Amulet
2 sidetrek mini adventures
The Wispering cairn

So, i'm trying to merge the "Dymrak dread" campaign arc from vault of pandius with the "age of worms" adventure path, having some problems to define the gods for the ebon triad cultist and looking for some advices to tie the adventures path together. I'm running low on ideas.

Sorry for my bad english, i'm italian....:-)

the_david
2018-12-06, 07:01 AM
Are you sure you want to run a campaign with 11 characters? I know it isn't exactly what you asked, but if you've really got 11 players you might want split the group up into 2 campaigns. Otherwise combat is going to take forever and players won't get much time in the spotlight. (Especially with those classes.)
Alternatively you could run a shared universe campaign, allowing the players to switch teams after every adventure. This is how Gygax run his games, as far as I can tell.

Selion
2018-12-06, 07:48 AM
Hi all, i need some advices, if someone could help me it would be cool.

the Party:
Female drow (homebrew version no SR) ranger2/druid1
female elven ranger2/scout1
female elven wizard3
male elven rogue2/swashbuckler1
male elven wildshape-ranger3
male human cleric3
male human paladin3
male gnome cleric3
male dwarven fighter3
male half-orc barbarian1/fighter2
female halfling rogue3

NPC
female human paladin3
male human focused conjurer3

Setting: Mystara (forgotten realms pantheon)

Previous modules played
- Darokin Republic:
Falcon's Hollow last hope
Crown of the cobold king

- Karameikos:
Doom of the Savage king
Shadowed keep on the borderlands
The crucible of Freya
The wizard Amulet
2 sidetrek mini adventures
The Wispering cairn

So, i'm trying to merge the "Dymrak dread" campaign arc from vault of pandius with the "age of worms" adventure path, having some problems to define the gods for the ebon triad cultist and looking for some advices to tie the adventures path together. I'm running low on ideas.

Sorry for my bad english, i'm italian....:-)

This is an old idea i got from a friend: instead of running a single 11 character game, run two campaigns in the same setting, so that one party's choices affect the world the other players are in.
This could lead occasionally to collective sessions with 11 players and eventually to a party vs party fight. By the way this solution requires a lot of work on your part, i suggest to start the two groups' quest far away in your setting, so that at least at the beginning you can check on their behavior without caring too much on the interactions between the two parties.

EDIT: for example, BBEG needs to be brought down with a magic sword, which has been destroyed long ago and has some of its shards shattered around the kingdom. Both parties want to collect the shards. One party works with BBEG, the other one wants to kill him.

Giannino
2018-12-06, 07:58 AM
The campaign started about one year ago (2 level in 1 year, yes). They have played together a lot by now. I have splitted the party a few times with different quests but now they have sized the shadowed keep on the borderland as base of operations. Not every players show up for the weekly session but usually there are 6-7.

For the ebon triad gods in age of worms i'm thinking to use:

Gruumsh
Orcus
???? (someone to replace Vecna?)