PDA

View Full Version : Optimization My goliath fighter-barbarian

berserker7878
2018-12-06, 09:31 AM
Hey i need advace for optimization of my Goliath fighter.

im lv 8 fighter and 1 barbarian.

133 Pv ( with feat robust)

22 AC

19 str, 15 dex, 18 cons, 10 wis, 9 intel and 8 char,

10 wisdom it's a wish in gamelplay after a very hard dungeon and 9 intel its' a bag of beans and with chance i have a egs (+1 in skills the weaker)
im a Brut UA fighter

have 3 magic items:

- sword of wouding, rare
- half plate in adamantine rare
- a DM homebrow shield, once a day, I have +5 CA, and it is an inteligent object it's a +2+2 rare shield.

I am a good neutral goliath who helps people very often, I believe in strength, not necessarily physical, but in leadership, power, strength of character, I collect war trophies (head, finger .. for my doldorn god it's a god of warrior force)

how could I improve my fighter even more?
I'm going to take resilient feat in wisdom.

nickl_2000
2018-12-06, 09:55 AM
So what do you find lacking in the character? Are you trying to up social skills, damage per hit, or what exactly? What are all your stats?

Wildarm
2018-12-06, 10:39 AM
For a Fighter/Barb? With Admantine half plate and a +2 shield your physical defenses should be solid. Your main job is to get into someones face and tank hits and do damage. You probably want to get is something that will reliably give you flight. Try and find some magic items to give you extra mobility and flight.

Build wise, keep pumping your Str > Con > Dex. Sentinel Feat would be good to get as well to stop enemies for running away from you. Getting to Fighter 11-12 would be my target for leveling. Getting your 3rd attack is the best DPS boost you'll see in the next few levels.

CTurbo
2018-12-06, 10:57 AM
I'd aim to ultimately end up Fighter 11/Barb 9 and decide on a Barb subclass.

I'd probably take +1 Str and Wis at next ASI and then Res(Wis) after that. Or +1 Str and Dex and ditch the armor. Sentinel is definitely a great feat for you.

Keravath
2018-12-06, 11:20 AM
I'd consider resilient wis and then the +1 str/+1 wis ASI. The main reason for this is that you are starting to get to the level when wis saves become more important. The main issue is that it will be a while before you get your feats/ASI. The next one would be at level 4 barbarian and then one at level 12 fighter or level 8 barb. Given your planned 11/9 split you will only get two more ASI anyway and the second one won't be until level 17 .. which will be a long time to wait for resilient wis ... while the extra +1 to hit and damage will be nice ... it won't be encounter breaking the way a failed wis save can be.

berserker7878
2018-12-07, 02:13 AM
So what do you find lacking in the character? Are you trying to up social skills, damage per hit, or what exactly? What are all your stats?

both, I start having a level (almost 10) where the interactions change because the power emanated from my character begins to be noticed. and I would like some advice, my character is proud but not arrogant.

and also for the stats, I know I'm going to take my lv 11 directly.

berserker7878
2018-12-07, 02:15 AM
For a Fighter/Barb? With Admantine half plate and a +2 shield your physical defenses should be solid. Your main job is to get into someones face and tank hits and do damage. You probably want to get is something that will reliably give you flight. Try and find some magic items to give you extra mobility and flight.

Build wise, keep pumping your Str > Con > Dex. Sentinel Feat would be good to get as well to stop enemies for running away from you. Getting to Fighter 11-12 would be my target for leveling. Getting your 3rd attack is the best DPS boost you'll see in the next few levels.

I will take my 3rd attack, I would also like to have something that allows to have a greater survival, with better jets of saving etc (I already have the brute who puts 1d6 on all the streams of svg).
a tip on an object like a diadem, necklace? Ring?

I covet the geant's belt, for the stats and because it's also in my personal story

berserker7878
2018-12-07, 02:17 AM
I'd consider resilient wis and then the +1 str/+1 wis ASI. The main reason for this is that you are starting to get to the level when wis saves become more important. The main issue is that it will be a while before you get your feats/ASI. The next one would be at level 4 barbarian and then one at level 12 fighter or level 8 barb. Given your planned 11/9 split you will only get two more ASI anyway and the second one won't be until level 17 .. which will be a long time to wait for resilient wis ... while the extra +1 to hit and damage will be nice ... it won't be encounter breaking the way a failed wis save can be.

see that my jets of saving wisdom are a little weak even with the brute (+ 1d6) and I think resilient is the best option for that, because I see a lot of resilient forum, for the warrior and barbarian