PDA

View Full Version : Half-dark elf profile

ayvango
2018-12-06, 06:11 PM
What should be profile for a drow/star elf hybrid? Is there any rules for it?

Human/Elf resides in the PHB
Elf/Human resides in the DMG
Human/Drow resides in the Races of Faerun

Palanan
2018-12-06, 06:15 PM
A half-drow/half-star-elf is probably way too specific for anything official; this is deep in homebrew territory.

I suppose the main question is whether you want to keep the star elf's Extraplanar trait. Are you the player or the DM?

ayvango
2018-12-06, 06:19 PM
Oops. I was too specific. Just any elf goes, be it star or sun or wood.

DarkSoul
2018-12-06, 06:39 PM
In 2e, I think it was in Elves of Evermeet, it mentioned that crossbreeds between two elf races invariably took after one parent or the other, with possible cosmetic influences from both. This elf might end up a star elf with dusky skin or red eyes, or a drow with relatively pale skin and a star elf hair color, as examples.

Telonius
2018-12-07, 08:34 AM
What should be profile for a drow/star elf hybrid? Is there any rules for it?

Human/Elf resides in the PHB
Elf/Human resides in the DMG
Human/Drow resides in the Races of Faerun

You could use the Lesser Drow (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20040215a&page=2) variant from the Wizards archive.

animewatcha
2018-12-08, 03:05 AM
IIRC, in back of one of the faerun books. It had half-drow being same as half-elf except for darkvision instead of low-light.

Telonius
2018-12-08, 04:17 PM
IIRC, in back of one of the faerun books. It had half-drow being same as half-elf except for darkvision instead of low-light.

Yeah, I think that's the Races of Faerun one.

ayvango
2018-12-08, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I think that's the Races of Faerun one.
I found here only human/drow hybrid, but failed to find crossbreeding between sun elf and drow.